Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
crazyffrey

Selling EFEs cheap

Stop hurting the economy!!!!!!! Alchemists work hard to make EFEs and you fighters and mass producers kill your chimmies and make millions of fes to make tons of EFEs to destroy the alchemist's hard work!!!!! ;)

People should stop reporting positive "glitches" like mirror capes and EFEs, it brakes the fun of exposing EL's weak-spots, and makes the game less fun for people, whatever people who think it's justifying think.

what ever they all r sold any

215454[/snapback]

minor-hunh? you're saying they're all sold, right?

People should stop reporting positive "glitches" like mirror capes and EFEs, it brakes the fun of exposing EL's weak-spots, and makes the game less fun for people, whatever people who think it's justifying think.

215462[/snapback]

major-hunh? please explain ^_^

Well, if people expose every little beneficial glitch, the game will lose fun. EFEs need to sell well, or else the EFE's price will dwindle more and more until they give no benefit whatsoever. And mirror cloaks were worth almost nothing until they made it less common as a monster-drop. Then ther's the flaw that Mirror cloaks are nearly invincable, and we don't want that fixed.

Well, if people expose every little beneficial glitch, the game will lose fun.

nah, the fun shouldn't come from bugs
EFEs need to sell well, or else the EFE's price will dwindle more and more until they give no benefit whatsoever.

as long as they're needed for the best stuff, they'll cost more than FE... but yes, supply and demand means thatprices will go down as long as people saturate the market(whether from EL store, monster drops, wherever stuff comes from)
And mirror cloaks were worth almost nothing until they made it less common as a monster-drop.

supply and demand again. if it's rare, you'll have to pay more to get it. there are limits to this, however. lets take rostogol stones. they're worth a maximum of a bit over half the value of the other stuff you're carrying/wearing... few people will go out to fight with magic swords, so that leaves full plate, serp, some HE, and SRs. that's worth about... say... 40-45k at current. so unless rosto became extremely rare, the price is unlikely to go above 20k(but it can and is going lower than this, as the number of rostos ingame increases)
Then ther's the flaw that Mirror cloaks are nearly invincable, and we don't want that fixed.

215466[/snapback]

some don't, some probably do (such as the people who have more than a couple in storage)

take me, for example, I give them out as contest prizes... I'd rather they were more valuable prizes, as would the people who get them :P

Why is this a such thing? Hurting the economy? lol thats a good one.

This is just an example of competition, prices will go down to attract new buyers, and for people to sell their EFEs, other outlets would have to lower their prices as well...shifts and fluctuations in the 'economy' happen all the time - I'm not an economist but this will only happen if people sell EFEs way below market value for a sustained and significant amount of time. And more importantly, the items derived from EFEs are plenty.

I'm guessing that as they become more and more common, values will drop. More people walking around with it - nothing new there, I've seen idiots train combat with them against deer and foxes!

Seeing a 'beneficial-glitch' in the economy? Is that not just good business?