how strong should sit_lock be?

read below for more info on options  

43 members have voted

1. 1. read below for more info on options

• become weaker
    • stay as it is
    • become stronger
    • become stronger and the weaker vesion the default

shortly ago I posted a patch that would make sit_lock stronger, preventing you from moving if you press HOME as well as mouse clicks

shortly after that, someone else said that sit_lock was already too strong, and made a change so that it would only stop you from attacking something if you're sitting

I wanna know how the players in general feel it should be

option 1: weaker. sit_lock doesn't stop you walking away, only stops you attacking anything if you click it while sitting down

option 2: stay as it is. pretty obvious. :blush:

option 3: stonger. sit_lock prevents you from walking if you press HOME as well, and you get a message if you try to walk while sitting down (the message could also be added to as-is)

option 4: stronger w/ weaker as default. like option 3 when sit_lock is on, and like option 1 when sit_lock is off. even without sitlock, you won't attack anything if sitting down

if it stays as-is, I still think that having a message come up when you try to walk would be good. I know sometimes people start wondering why they can't walk... because they have sit_lock on and are sitting (esp since going afk causes you to sit)

I have been in sit_lock to protect my bag and bumped HOME before, though, which is where the patch originally came from

if it stays as-is, I still think that having a message come up when you try to walk would be good. I know sometimes people start wondering why they can't walk... because they have sit_lock on and are sitting (esp since going afk causes you to sit)

I have been in sit_lock to protect my bag and bumped HOME before, though, which is where the patch originally came from

198160[/snapback]

Never put anything in a bag you aren't willing to lose! Bags are not for short term storage, they are for things you are dropping or others have dropper. Any other use is at risk.

What you call a weaker sitlock also means that you can grab a bag from sitting, but not click on the screen to move or attack.

Never put anything in a bag you aren't willing to lose! Bags are not for short term storage, they are for things you are dropping or others have dropper. Any other use is at risk.

What you call a weaker sitlock also means that you can grab a bag from sitting, but not click on the screen to move or attack.

198163[/snapback]

bleh. Iffn I wanna say to my character "don't stand up, no matter what" I should be able to (though currently mapwalk will also stand you up... but for that to happen, it's less likely an accident)

and while I'm willing to accept that I could lose the bag if I lose connection, being able to force the character to not walk away is still handy (say I have a few hundred spare food there... fi I lose it, well, big deal. but it's useful to have)

actually, another option... have a "player choice" item type in storage where the player selects which items appear in the same window. then we can use that while at sotage instead of a bag... just as useful if not more so, it's safer, and no exta bags on map

Fighters are 'at risk' when they level, manu, alch, etc aren't. A weaker sit lock adds a little bit, but not much. Sit lock was added simply because of some problems in play when you had to have an endless clicking on the screen while harvesting and a small missclick had problems. That is no longer needed and not grabbing bags should never have gone in.

Sit lock should not be made stronger and players should NOT have the option of making it stronger!

Remember what my skills are while you are reading this. I know where you are coming from, but anything stronger then a weak sit lock is worse for the game as a whole. Also, remember that I have very good information about the history and reasons for creating sit lock, I created it!

I voted to leave it as it is.

I wouldn't object to making it weaker but I think that would cause an uprising :D

Edit:

actually, another option... have a "player choice" item type in storage where the player selects which items appear in the same window. then we can use that while at sotage instead of a bag... just as useful if not more so, it's safer, and no exta bags on map

Erm doesn't this assume that the game creators WANT us to use bags as storage? All this does is make it even easier to do that, and that wasn't the point of having bags at all!

I voted stay as is, it really doesn't need to change, imho

The Sit-lock is good "as-is", but we might want to include something in the el.ini decriptive text:

To prevent your player from moving by accident when you are sitting check sit_lock to 1
and enable it

#sit_lock = 0

to something like:

To prevent your player from moving by accident when you are sitting check sit_lock to 1
and enable it. Once enabled you must click the "Stand up" icon before you can move again.

#sit_lock = 0

The Sit-lock is good "as-is", but we might want to include something in the el.ini decriptive text:

and enable it

#sit_lock = 0

to something like:

and enable it. Once enabled you must click the "Stand up" icon before you can move again.

#sit_lock = 0

198645[/snapback]

Most of the people with sitlock problems never read el.ini!

Most of the people with sitlock problems never read el.ini!

198649[/snapback]

Still doesn't hurt to put it somewhere.  :wub:

198683[/snapback]

People especially won't read it in el.ini now that we can configure everything ingame. And if we start adding memo's to each thing, that table is going to be pretty messy and long.

hence why I made it a console message. that's where they're most likely to see it, and they don't have to remember it

and as far as accidentaly walking... it's not true if bumping home makes you stand up and walk as well