Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ttlanhil

case modding

Am I the only one thinking "SWEET!"?

187107[/snapback]

I think its pretty crap actually.

It looks like shite, and the fans don't actually cool the CPU very much. If you read it, he admits this. He's only using the standard fans around the case. In fact, I reckon the fans cost more heat to power than they do reduce :P

Nice idea though :D

I think its pretty crap actually.

It looks like shite, and the fans don't actually cool the CPU very much. If you read it, he admits this. He's only using the standard fans around the case. In fact, I reckon the fans cost more heat to power than they do reduce  ;)

Nice idea though :)

187113[/snapback]

I wasn't thinking "effective", but I was remembering this wierd fan thing my brother made when he worked at a comp store for a friend of his. They actually had a working fan built of case fans and wired up just to fan themselves off while they worked...

Then again, in a contained environment like a computer case, you may not want all those competing air currents.

Hrm...the air flows from the left to the right... didn't he realize that he has to put hardware in there, completely blocking the air? -_-

FT_makeover_2.jpg

This si the real way to keep your comp cool :-P

187878[/snapback]

question: unless that big fan on the front is non-functional and only ornamentation, how do you use the drives while the computer is running? would appear to me that the fan running would be blocking 1-3 CD drives and the floppy drive when turning.