Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jasonx_2k3

Please unban...

Being that this isn't the first time you've been caught breaking the automation rules, what do you thik about losing half of all your levels and then getting #reset?

hmmm..pretty generous offer imho, afterall the second violation could aswell mean deletion of all characters and ban of his IP adress.

this isnt the first time?

186522[/snapback]

This was the first ban for it, but a couple months back according to the logs it looks like you were caught macroing.

o ok... can't beg and choose but....could u give me 0 a/d and #reset instead of ...half levels... if not , i will take your offer

Edited by jasonx_2k3

Isnt macro and automation different? also exactly what was he doing (if its not a secret :confused:)

186580[/snapback]

As far as I understand it, automation has the scope of one single task (i.e. the auto-harvest mode which did not exist some months ago, bless the developers for their adding that feature).

Macro'ing concerns complex sets of tasks, such as defining the loop (mining ore, bringing ore back to storage, getting back to lode, startloop). It is way more complex than a mere auto-click. And correctly done, it can have your character perform tedious, boring, repetitive and yet necessary tasks without being there, achieving incredible amounts of experience. That way they get quick OA levels, allowing them to get pickpoints easily spent in features that will help them play as they want (when they get back to their PC, of course)...

There resides the unfairness of macro'ing : macro'ers can get to play their character the way they wish without putting any "effort" in its building. Macro'ing ruins the general balance of the game, and if it were allowed here, there would not be any other player than macro'ers, I fear...

Anyway, that's how I perceive this stuff, so far. Do what you wish with this explanation... -_-