Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghrae

Ring of WTF?!

could b the higher the lvl that makes it the more chanse of a good event to hapen when the ring is used and less chanse of a bad event

EL doesn't support items with individual properties.

Items with different properties have to be different item types, and cannot stack. So even if you had three varients (gooder, medium, bad) that appeared to be the same to the player (name, icon), they would form three separate stacks in inventories.

Its a shame, but it is an implementation limit we have to live with.

well since this has all been necroed already...

what's wrong with making a ring that has one property, but the property itself has random outcomes?

after all, if a drop bag can have different items inside it occuring from a "drops list" on the server, chosen on the death of a creature, it's no different to have a similar "effects list on the server" to be accessed when a specific item is used, is it?

one click, access a random effect, simples. no?

but as with the use of level dependant items in engineering (IE mines), then the level of the user should be taken into account to determine the quality of the outcome. Or better yet, base it on some astro or other. make those skeptics pay muahahha

Edited by Pyewacket

oh my goodness! I love this (and I think ring of WTF fits with the games humor)

but more seriously. I would probubly use it. And I would defintily use it if the events were towards the milder range. (reset, 1 armor item turning to dust... are pretty serious. They could really set you back)

but something less permanent like pkable for an hour (yes you could loose things), teleported to a random location, hell spawn affect for a while, harvest meat... Those aren't as "terrible and upsetting". And if someone just goes afk or loggs off until the time limit is up, well they just spent less tiem having fun.

PLEASE reconsider it!

i would definitely use this..and i agree with guinevereanne, something like reset or 1 item of armor turning to dust would mean nobody would use it

How can this be fun ?

Effects like:

Teleported to underworld (teleport, not die - no loss of items)

For next hour, you lose xp when performing skills not gain

Storage NPCs refuse to talk with you

Text you type gets reversed (1 hour)

Every map change takes you to IP (1 hour)

You appear on Roanof Island (very rare)

One piece of armor in storage crumbles to dust (random which piece)

You spin in a circles for next 5 minutes

You become PKable (1 hour)

name should be ring of negativeness, who would buy ring that makes all negative ? xDDDDDDDD

How can this be fun ?

Effects like:

Teleported to underworld (teleport, not die - no loss of items)

For next hour, you lose xp when performing skills not gain

Storage NPCs refuse to talk with you

Text you type gets reversed (1 hour)

Every map change takes you to IP (1 hour)

You appear on Roanof Island (very rare)

One piece of armor in storage crumbles to dust (random which piece)

You spin in a circles for next 5 minutes

You become PKable (1 hour)

name should be ring of negativeness, who would buy ring that makes all negative ? xDDDDDDDD

Balance is the - with such negative effects - there would be a comparable set of positive ones....

The examples aren't in stone, they are just ideas thrown out there to give an example. You can always expect tweaking in a suggestion.

The whole idea is to be funny, crazy, humorous, not drastic or "negative" per se.

And of course there would be a balance of "negative" and "positive" effects, but as stated, the idea was more for things that don't affect gameplay so much as make you laugh.

(Also remember that this was originally posted in 2005 so some of the negatives listed weren't as negative then as they are now due to various factors too involved to list here).

And of course if one has no interest in anything unexpected, one doesn't have to use it. :brooding: