Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghrae

Ring of WTF?!

Well, crafters need more items to make

And this is a game (which means it's meant to be fun) so...

The Ring of WTF?!

When you use it (once use per ring) one of 20 or 30 random effects would happen.

Effects like:

All colors invert

Teleported to underworld (teleport, not die - no loss of items)

For next hour, you lose xp when performing skills not gain

Storage NPCs refuse to talk with you

Text you type gets reversed (1 hour)

Every map change takes you to IP (1 hour)

You appear on Roanof Island (very rare)

One piece of armor in storage crumbles to dust (random which piece)

You spin in a circles for next 5 minutes

You become PKable (1 hour)

Well you get the idea. FOr the most part, just nutty things that you can't do any other way other than "The Ring of WTF?!"

GENIOUS!!!!! :D:P:confused::devlish::P:hehe::icon13: :lol: :icon13:

try having a few more good things happening with the WTF ring, like a chance of getting x amount of gold, exp, etc

Well, I think the ring would have to have either just as many plus effects as it did negative, or perhaps even have more negative. Make it truly fun and "WTF?" :confused:

:devlish: One piece of armor in storage crumbles to dust (random which piece)

Than I would take all my best armour and weapons out before i used it. :P But heck ya I would Like to see something like the WTF ring. :icon13::icon13::confused:

Lool funny! I like to see this ingame!

EDIT: And SweetThang, when you take all your armor out of storage, what about if it makes you PKable with your all armor in inv? :P:P

But in fact... About half of them should be positive, like "Adds random amount of random item", like 14 impatiens&35brown rabbit furs :brooding:

Edited by Choris

Lol i think the name should be diff tho

Ring of Weirdness

Ring of dissyness or hmmm O.o

Yea idea is not bad but the name has to be changed for sure 'Ring of WTF' doesnt fit in this game :brooding:

Reminds me of the D&D "Rainbow Wand" (?), which had a random effects table.

If such an item existed in EL there is no reason to make the effects list defined -- more could be added as a whime of the developers/admin. Especially if some where *very* rare.

Colour effects are client side, so there would be little point to them.

Some sort of blindness could be done -- all characters/creatures appear as anonymous forms or there present is not sent to the server (you would always be able to see the map and terrain though). Similarly deafness (no chat).

As usual, and bad-effects with a time duration don't work, since the character could logout or go AFK for the time. See threads on punishments for discussion, but basically any negative effect intended to provide balance cannot expire after time, but after actions, so the character must do something (often repeatedly) to drive off the effects.

The name is the best part IMO. We have lots of jokes in EL-like the crazy server messages, etc. A "Ring of WTF?!" I think would add to EL's unique humour. :hug:

More effects...

Teleports you to each map (perhaps the teleport room locations). You have 10 seconds at each location and then get teleported to the next automatically. Call it the "Quick Tour" effect.

No textures! You see the skeleton of structures, but not the overlapping textures. "X Ray effect"

Drunk effect - you hit forward, you go back. You hit left, you go right. Or just random movements instead of the intended movements.

Brain Fart effect - you lose the knowledge of one book you've read randomly.

Midas Touch effect - first item in your inventory that you touch becomes gold coins (if you have 147 blue lupines, you would then have 147 gold coins)

Sheer brilliance!!

lol.. what about...

Amnesia effect- all character names dissapear..

Black thumb effect- you can't harvest anything.. until.. hmm..say.. you have to 'click' a random ridiculous number of times :rolleyes:

oh.. and to make it more umm.. legitimate.. it can always be introduced as

The Ring of World Turned Frenzied

or something..

lol

still a Ring of WTF :(

how about a chance to go to some random spot on any random map (including roanof)? heh, id spend millions of gc just for the chance to get there :blink:

I have some effect ideas...

Chicken!

Everything you say in a chat comes out as "clucking"

Death by fluffies

Teleport to a small map (would have to be made) full of fluffies and a teleporter room with a teleporter to every map

Touch of meat

Everything you harvast turns to, meat! (20 min)

Blah in chat

Everything on chats someone else says looks like "blah blah blah"

Reverse MM

All monsters and animals will attack on sight (counteracted by harvasting 50 lilacs, 50 iron ore, and getting 25 life essences (has too make))

-lol, just what poped out of my mind, :blink:

Uhm, interesting idea, but completely stupid and useless ??

Who 'normal' will use a ring if he know that it only generating negative effects/events ?! I'm talking about regular players, not masochists or something...

Implementing things such like this is just waste of time and HDD space :/

Uhm, interesting idea, but completely stupid and useless ??

Who 'normal' will use a ring if he know that it only generating negative effects/events ?! I'm talking about regular players, not masochists or something...

Implementing things such like this is just waste of time and HDD space :/

180222[/snapback]

The whole idea was for there to be some negative, some positive and some uh... well, some just strange side effects. And this ring is suppose to be fun!

People, think POSItIVE, dammit, if the rings gives only negative effects, noone will use it...

How about, for example, an extra level in something? or a pickpoint?

"Pollyanna Effect" - all positive perks for a day.

"Sugar Rush Effect" - double xp gain for a day.

"Uber Artificer" Effect - 4x chance of creating enriched essences, etc.

"Grab Bag" Effect - Up 3 to items randomly appear in a bag at your feet. (Up to, since the first magic sword you get, if any, would prevent any other items appearing).