Eternal Lands Official Forums
LabRat

Blended2 trying to scam during trade

Forgot to tell you guys when it happened, it was only a few days ago.

I traded Blended2 my Iron Broad of Ice for 70k, the price we agreed on.

First he tried to pay 30k and 2 iron plate torsos, so I aborted.

Next he put the 70k in, and when I came to accept he withdrew 40k rather a little *too* quickly from his side (I suspect a modded client in use there, as he filled the money up in large jumps too), but I never accept for a couple of seconds anyway, trade aborted.

I finally got the correct amount on the third trade as, I hope, he realised I am not a newb, and I knew very well his reputation before we began trading.

A tip for trading ingame, when you place your items in for trade, move your mouse cursor away from the trade box (I normally move it to the top of the screen), and don't move it until a short period has elapsed after the other trader has clicked on ok.

Beware of him, and remember this forum is to help us all.

I didn't get scammed by him, but things could have gone so very differently. Thanks guys for giving me the heads-up.

Guest Ghandi
I traded Blended2 my Iron Broad of Ice for 70k, the price we agreed on.

First he tried to pay 30k and 2 iron plate torsos, so I aborted.

177061[/snapback]

Omg, those are MY 2 plates...he scammed me on his charictar Monoceros, and i lost 2 plates to one of his scamms...people like that need to be banned, cuz no one likes em :/

lol last week or 2 weeks ago he tried to buy my char lmao..

he said i was a scammer cuz i would have said to trade the stuff and money to gohan... actually he suggested that tho i knew something was fishy about that and i never saw a post about him here yet then but i knew something was going on too bad i didn't get the chance to just get half the stuff and then not tell my pass :)

That little Creep, he pmed me yesterday to sell his newly acquired broadsword of Ice to me for 70K (i thought It was kind of weird, for him to sell his glowy sword after less than a week, and at the original price he bought it). Anyhow, since i only had 45k left and not 70k I said i cant buy it.

I don't know if the mods have any logs or methods to check if Blended2 is using a modified client, but it would be nice to look into that matter if they can.

for the moment being let us all put him on our shit list, and lets hope he will "enjoy" his stay.

It should be possible if someone check the amounts that each click included into the transacctions (anyway, I dont know if that info is kept into the server, once it is used). If that quantities are not "standard amounts" then the client is non standard, but, even then, I dont know it that would help in anything, since I dont know if there is any moded client that is legal and can do that.

Anyway, in cases like this, the best thing is not to trade with someone that you dont like. Not for the fact of avoiding risk (there is -almost- no risk at all if you know how the server respond and the strict steps that you have to seek, like LabRat) but for the fact of locking the whole bussiness activity from that character.

If you trade with a scammer then you are paying him/her for his/her work: that is: for scamming.

@Ghandi, Im sorry about that... But: no. I dont think scammers should be banned, this is roleplay and we all have roles, like the scammers have also their role. This would be so boring if instead of "eternal lands" we had something like "the flanders family's rainbow lands", where all would be funny, peacefull, scammers would not exist and the gargoyles would be nice fluffy creatures like the teletubbies and instead of attacking you would bring you candies and flowers. ( <-- I know this is a satanic statement :) )

Regards.

If that quantities are not "standard amounts" then the client is non standard

177981[/snapback]

or they use CVS.

right-click on the amounts in your inventory window, you can change them.

and the change continues to work in the trade window

plus there's always the possibility of adding all items (even stackable ones, if you're on a recentish CVS), this is often a non-rounded number