Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ttlanhil

adjust cost of perks?

when people talk about getting artificer, they're generally told to wait until a higher level... problem is... no more PP then.

but when you're a high manu level, you should be better able to learn how to be an artificer.

it's a similar story for some of the other perks.

so how abot a number of perks have a recommended level, buy it below that and it costs more PP.

or even two cheaper stages for some of the most expensive ones.

a similar thing could work with negative perks, they have more of an effect on you later in life, so you get mroe PP back for them

these changes would help avoid newbies getting lots of perks and getting a huge advantage from them, while still allowing longer playing people to get them, even at a discount because they learnt the skills

comments?

Edited by ttlanhil

Thats actually a really good idea :-D it should be depending on the stats that it effects, so for ariticer you take your pots,alch,manu, and crafting levels add them up and devide it by 4 to get your arvage level for them and then ajust the pp's for it, maybe it can also cost more money at a higher level to, this wont really affect higher levels players but will act as a way of taken money out of the game

when people talk about getting artificer, they're generally told to wait until a higher level... problem is... no more PP then.

but when you're a high manu level, you should be better able to learn how to be an artificer.

it's a similar story for some of the other perks.

so how abot a number of perks have a recommended level, buy it below that and it costs more PP.

or even two cheaper stages for some of the most expensive ones.

a similar thing could work with negative perks, they have more of an effect on you later in life, so you get mroe PP back for them

these changes would help avoid newbies getting lots of perks and getting a huge advantage from them, while still allowing longer playing people to get them, even at a discount because they learnt the skills

comments?

169349[/snapback]

If you know you are going to want the perk at a later time, maybe you just don't use up all of you're PP's? Have you thought about saving them so that you can get what you want when you want it????

If you know you are going to want the perk at a later time, maybe you just don't use up all of you're PP's? Have you thought about saving them so that you can get what you want when you want it????

169393[/snapback]

yeah, and I've tried that... but meh. 7pp for artificer is a bit much. I'd rather use them to gain mastery over a new skill (I recently started learning summoning) and gain some carry cap

yeah, and I've tried that... but meh. 7pp for artificer is a bit much. I'd rather use them to gain mastery over a new skill (I recently started learning summoning) and gain some carry cap

169400[/snapback]

Then if you would rather use the PP's for something else, that is your choice of how you want to play the game.

Then if you would rather use the PP's for something else, that is your choice of how you want to play the game.

169408[/snapback]

indeed. but I still think level of experience having an effect on the cost of getting a perk would be nice.

I love the idea. When your a newbie and it doesnt take anytime at all to get pp's then its easier to get them but the dont have much use. With this people who actually need it it would be easier to obtain.

If you know what you want perk-wise, you have 2 choices:

1. get is asap

2. get it later.

The cost should be the same either way. If you want the Artificier perk, calculate cost/benefit of that particular perk and then decide if you want it.

When it comes to experience and perks you soon find that there is no correlation between those two. The perks are not related to your experience. The only 'skill' you could relate it to is your overall level - the one that gives you the PP. The cost of the perks are already variable, but in correlation to each other, and they have been thought about a lot.

To me this sounds that some of the perks should be less expensive for ppl who think they have high enough level.

What if that breaker level would be 100? And the Artificier perk would cost 9 PP if OA is less than 100, and 7 PP between 100 and 120, and above 120 it will cost 5 PPs.

Would you still think it's a good idea?

The only 'skill' you could relate it to is your overall level - the one that gives you the PP.

The cost of the perks are already variable, but in correlation to each other, and they have been thought about a lot.

To me this sounds that some of the perks should be less expensive for ppl who think they have high enough level.

What if that breaker level would be 100? And the Artificier perk would cost 9 PP if OA is less than 100, and 7 PP between 100 and 120, and above 120 it will cost 5 PPs.

Would you still think it's a good idea?

169828[/snapback]

no, because manu-ers and to a lesser import the alchs, crafters, and potioners aren't likely to get to OA100.

getting a modable sword (using manu as the example) is a critical success, so why not make it so more practice means you can learn how to increase critical successes easier?

if opposition to the idea is because it sounds like I want it cheaper... well... keep it the same price for those who've reached a median level in the appropriate skills for the perk, and make it cost more earlier. we won't be getting it cheaper then

well, I like the idea that maybe some perks could cost less at higher levels.

Right now, classes are kind of forced, even though the "no classes" is exactly what this game prides itself in. If you think about it, if you want to be good in an area, you need to practically spend every pickpoint toward that area. If you try to be an all-rounder, you may never get to be good, as you have to spend those pickpoints elsewhere. Really, there aren't enough pickpoints to go around, unless you choose to "pick a class".

Anyway, that's my opinion, take it for what you want.