Eternal Lands Official Forums
ttlanhil

Channel List?

Just noticed that channel 4 needs to be changed to General/Off topic and channel 5 needs to be changed to Roleplaying.

Also please remove channel 8 as market/offtopic chat. That will no longer be officially promoted or supported for that purpose.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19880

I see that channel 10 is availble atm? shall we make it "market/help/general chat channel for those who are on Irillion"?

edit: I would also like to see this topic pinned.

done

Just noticed that channel 4 needs to be changed to General/Off topic and channel 5 needs to be changed to Roleplaying.

done

Also please remove channel 8 as market/offtopic chat. That will no longer be officially promoted or supported for that purpose.

most of the channels on this list are unofficial, hence recording the channels that players want to use. if they continue to use 8 for chat&trade or not is up to them.

unless there's plans for allocation of chan 8 coming, I don't see a problem here

most of the channels on this list are unofficial, hence recording the channels that players want to use. if they continue to use 8 for chat&trade or not is up to them.

unless there's plans for allocation of chan 8 coming, I don't see a problem here

Well this is the problem: Channels 1-10 are our official channels. They are reserved for official assignment. Even if one isn't currently being "officially" used, these are the ones we will pick from when the need arises.

So on that note, I again request that you remove channel 8 as off-topic and market, and also channel 10 can't be picked for the C2 stuff as well.

So on that note, I again request that you remove channel 8 as off-topic and market, and also channel 10 can't be picked for the C2 stuff as well.

No problem ;) c2 will move to 14 (unless there is a chance of making chan 10 official Irilion channel)

Edited by LadyReni

Well this is the problem: Channels 1-10 are our official channels. They are reserved for official assignment. Even if one isn't currently being "officially" used, these are the ones we will pick from when the need arises.

okay, I also removed 9, and Irilion is now listed as 14

Channel 10 isn't the invasion channel.
meh. then why did someone say otherwise?
We don't have an invasion channel.

then it must be time to get one

Channel 10 isn't the invasion channel.
meh. then why did someone say otherwise?

Someone shouldn't have, and someone else should have checked before adding it to the list :doze:

We don't have an invasion channel.

then it must be time to get one

If we do, I'll let you know. Personally. :(

Someone shouldn't have, and someone else should have checked before adding it to the list :doze:

I usually find messages from devs reliable and hence don't see a need to check them...

If we do, I'll let you know. Personally. :(

well it can be an unofficial one until it's decided then. 12 should do. please let anyone who'll do invasions know?

Edited by ttlanhil

No flames channel allowed, official or semi-official, as most of this list is.

Channel 11 is now a channel for Learner's story bot.

Channel 6 is the official events channel, and that includes invasions.

Edit: 12 isn't the invasion channel. I removed it.

Update:

--Channels 1-20 are now reserved.

--20 is Off-topic (Non-EL)

--Channel 14 (Irillion channel needs to move, to 24 if they like)

--Channel 23 (czech and slovac) needs to move

--11 (Prattler) is fine where he is.

This is official.

Update:

This is official.

all updated except for 23... people who use this channel, please contact me with a new number! (preferably a bigish one so you don't have to get moved again) (though if only 1-20 are official, why does 23 need to be moved?)

anyone representative of other channels who don't wanna have to move later... you can get in contact about changing a number (this is more aimed at those under 100... they may decide they want up to 100 official channels in the future)

Update:

This is official.

all updated except for 23... people who use this channel, please contact me with a new number! (preferably a bigish one so you don't have to get moved again) (though if only 1-20 are official, why does 23 need to be moved?)

Erm...ummm...good question, disregard that. No idea what I was thinking. :D

anyone representative of other channels who don't wanna have to move later... you can get in contact about changing a number (this is more aimed at those under 100... they may decide they want up to 100 official channels in the future)

:(

Update:

This is official.

Erm...ummm...good question, disregard that. No idea what I was thinking. :P

Ok this has given cause for some questions from Channel 14 - Irrilion:

1. Are we to move yes or no?

2. Is that official?

3. How official?? (Like we'll be banned if we're on there? Or just spanked??)

4. Is it possible to have our channel stay where it is and made official at all? It does seem to be a popular channel for those on c2.

5. If we must move off channel 14 when must we be out by?

Edited by Fyvle

Ok this has given cause for some questions from Channel 14 - Irrilion:

1. Are we to move yes or no?

yes. 1-20 being official missed 23, but hits 14

2. Is that official?

3. How official?? (Like we'll be banned if we're on there? Or just spanked??)

well, fully. and probably about as bad as channel 5... if someone tells you to get on topic and you don't, mods can move you. and like other channels, unless you're really bad it's probably not going to be more than a #kick to another channel the 1st time :P

4. Is it possible to have our channel stay where it is and made official at all? It does seem to be a popular channel for those on c2.

I like this solution too *looks at admin* mind you, as Irilion becomes more populated, this channel will lose some meaning/organisation, so it may not be a lasting channel

Well here's the deal:

1. As to staying there...ok, you guys who populate it can answer this: Would it be easier to leave it now or leave it later IF we end up needing it? There is no guarantee we will or won't need to use it, so it's sort of a gamble. And of course eventually it will be obsolete. But if you choose to stay, you MUST leave if we ask you to. And if you don't, we reserve the right to kick you right off it and apply all the usual methods of moderator control to ensure you do.

2. Yes this is official.

3. Very official, all regular channel rules will apply, and the usual "please listen to the moderator or you will be warned ruled kicked muted blah blah blah" will apply.

4. Channel 14 as the Irillion channel will NOT be made official. Yes it serves a very nice purpose now, but the goal is for Irillion to be as well traveled and populated as Seridia, and with plenty of intercontinental travel. We do not want to encourage a dividing of players by continent and won't officially support that.

Also, this won't be in effect until the update.

Well here's the deal:

1. As to staying there...ok, you guys who populate it can answer this: Would it be easier to leave it now or leave it later IF we end up needing it? There is no guarantee we will or won't need to use it, so it's sort of a gamble. And of course eventually it will be obsolete. But if you choose to stay, you MUST leave if we ask you to. And if you don't, we reserve the right to kick you right off it and apply all the usual methods of moderator control to ensure you do.

We had some discussions earlier after this thread was noticed. Unfortunately, there are those on #14 that don't/won't take the words in this forum thread as official and thus won't leave #14 until a mod comes in and tells them they have to. On the other hand there are a number of us that feel it would be simpler to move now (to #24), rather than later (even though we'd rather not move at all).

Edited by jamincollins

I think we should wait and change later... that will give more people time to get used to the idea that the channel will be moved.

Also I dont think that having the channel moderated is such a bad idea... But we will need to know the topic..so we know if we are staying on topic :P

As to jamincollins comment about some people not wanting to leave until told to... I think that they were concerned that a lot of people would not be aware of the move and would effectivly have 2 channels for a period of time... I dont think they were objecting to the move...just against an immediate move..

Edited by SharkBite

Unfortunately, there are those on #14 that don't/won't take the words in this forum thread as official

anything posted by me isn't official, it only extends as far as my opinion or what I've done... when aislinn says it's official, though... check out forum admin

she's in a position to decide or pass on the official word

Well here's the deal:

Ok, this is the essential debate amongst us on 14. Your answers will help us greatly in determining what we do and when we do it.

4. Channel 14 as the Irillion channel will NOT be made official. Yes it serves a very nice purpose now, but the goal is for Irillion to be as well traveled and populated as Seridia, and with plenty of intercontinental travel. We do not want to encourage a dividing of players by continent and won't officially support that.

Also, this won't be in effect until the update.

Awwwwwww! I personally don't see the "continental melting pot" thing happening, especially when there's a 1k price on gogin there atm. But thats my opinion.

Ok, so we wont be official then. Could it be possible to get a tag line that appears when you enter the channel? Something like Unofficial C2 Channel? Or if not that, how about a complimentary mint or something like that?

As for what happens now on 14, I'm no official spokes person, but my prediction is that some of us will move to the suggested Channel 24 and others will remain steadfastly on 14 until such time as they are asked to move.

Feel free to pop onto 14/24 anytime and say hi :P

Thanks for the help.