Eternal Lands Official Forums
ttlanhil

Channel List?

Awwwwwww! I personally don't see the "continental melting pot" thing happening, especially when there's a 1k price on gogin there atm. But thats my opinion.

well, who said that the cost will always be there? :P

Ok, so we wont be official then. Could it be possible to get a tag line that appears when you enter the channel? Something like Unofficial C2 Channel? Or if not that, how about a complimentary mint or something like that?

sure, the channel list will hopefully be used in the client soon (probably go into dev version after the next release, it's getting too close)

this will give a name to a bunch more tabs, as well as a tooltip of the tab with a description, and will be able to use 'local' names for when you join/leave a channel

it'd be easy enough to add unnofficial chanels to the list... but that can only happen for channels that won't be claimed by the admin :P (in other words... you won't get this for 14 ^_^ )

(oh, and adding it to your own list will be easy... so is telling other people to add it to theirs... but having it added to the list everyone else uses needs to go through devs/admin, naturally)

Well here's the deal:

1. As to staying there...ok, you guys who populate it can answer this: Would it be easier to leave it now or leave it later IF we end up needing it? There is no guarantee we will or won't need to use it, so it's sort of a gamble. And of course eventually it will be obsolete. But if you choose to stay, you MUST leave if we ask you to. And if you don't, we reserve the right to kick you right off it and apply all the usual methods of moderator control to ensure you do.

Ok, this is the essential debate amongst us on 14. Your answers will help us greatly in determining what we do and when we do it.

4. Channel 14 as the Irillion channel will NOT be made official. Yes it serves a very nice purpose now, but the goal is for Irillion to be as well traveled and populated as Seridia, and with plenty of intercontinental travel. We do not want to encourage a dividing of players by continent and won't officially support that.

Also, this won't be in effect until the update.

Awwwwwww! I personally don't see the "continental melting pot" thing happening, especially when there's a 1k price on gogin there atm. But thats my opinion.

Ok, so we wont be official then. Could it be possible to get a tag line that appears when you enter the channel? Something like Unofficial C2 Channel? Or if not that, how about a complimentary mint or something like that?

As for what happens now on 14, I'm no official spokes person, but my prediction is that some of us will move to the suggested Channel 24 and others will remain steadfastly on 14 until such time as they are asked to move.

Feel free to pop onto 14/24 anytime and say hi :P

Thanks for the help.

As the founder of 'unofficial Irilion chat channel' I say we should move to 24 as Aissy suggested (sorry Aislinn, I would have taken care of that earlier, but I had some personal problems, and wasn't reading forums).

I will inform those who use channel 14 now, to move to 24.

Edited by LadyReni

Ok, so we wont be official then. Could it be possible to get a tag line that appears when you enter the channel?

Like ttlanhil said, you can get it for 24 in the tabbed manner, only official channels get the "Welcome to the Newbie Channel" type message actually printed out.

As for what happens now on 14, I'm no official spokes person, but my prediction is that some of us will move to the suggested Channel 24 and others will remain steadfastly on 14 until such time as they are asked to move.
Well odds are, at least right now, they won't be asked to move. Like I said, it's a gamble. We aren't trying to eliminate you all, we just want to give you a home that won't have to keep moving from, and I thought it might be easier now.

As the founder of 'unofficial Irillion chat channel' I say we should move to 24 as Aissy suggested (sorry Aislinn, I would have taken care of that earlier, but I had some personal problems, and wasn't reading forums).

I will inform those who use channel 14 now, to move to 24.

Not a problem LadyReni, I hope things are ok now :P

Ok then I guess we have an answer :P

Like ttlanhil said, you can get it for 24 in the tabbed manner, only official channels get the "Welcome to the Newbie Channel" type message actually printed out.
actually, ttlanhil said
and will be able to use 'local' names for when you join/leave a channel
indicating that the client could use the name from the file when you join the channel

Meaning it prints it out in chat like joining the newbie channel does?

and if so, for everyone? Or just people who add it to their file?

That's what I thought Fyvle was asking about, and I thought you were talking about the tabbed channel stuff you were working on...I didn't think your stuff printed out like that... :P

well, who said that the cost will always be there? :cry:

I know at least a few of us would prefer that it did. It's presence has created a nice close community on C2.

Meaning it prints it out in chat like joining the newbie channel does?

and if so, for everyone? Or just people who add it to their file?

that patch also adds a bunch of names for channels, it could do that; the names will be stored in the file anyway

eg, if you join channel 9872: "Welcome to the *nix channel"

Note the ANT channel for all things ant Channel 241! :icon13:

If you dont obey the ant queen....Ill kill you :mace: just rember that when you think about pking a ant. :D

Oh! Did i forget to mention the...

SpammyMcgee Channel 837 its basicaly for spamming all those Impulsive meaningless things such as WEBO COCKA SHEBO! needless to say ITS PEANUT BUTER JELLY TIME but realy just a place for you to go completly insane without risk of report. No more :) for me im SpammyMcgee and im proud of it DEAL WITH IT, The spammyMcgee Channel 837

From the language channel thread 157466[/snapback], can these two channels be added to the list:

1192 ~ Japanese

2000 ~ Irish

And can they, with Swedish (231), also be added to the ingame list (channels.xml)?

Thanks! :lipssealed:

From the language channel thread 157466[/snapback], can these two channels be added to the list:

1192 ~ Japanese

2000 ~ Irish

And can they, with Swedish (231), also be added to the ingame list (channels.xml)?

Thanks! :(

well, it's mighty late, but yes, added above as well as in the in-game file (for the next update)

too late for the one just passed, but there's plenty of time left to have changes for the next update now though :P