Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ttlanhil

Changes To Toolbar And More Actions

You could have the icons at the bottom(usually) capable of a pop-up menu to select options.

the help button (in CVS version) pops up a window with choices, this could use a pop-up menu to select which option.

one button can do encyclopedia, research, questlog, maybe map, your notepad/journal/whatever, books (if they become something you can keep with you)

all the mouse-type buttons can be grouped

using the pop-up window, you select what option the button should become, and you can click it to perform that action

this leads on to my next suggestion (you need the menu-based system to have the space)

social-actions

for example, you could have the menu that contains:

-sing/instrument(pretty sure I saw Roja post that she liked the idea of instruments)

-dance

-haggle (if you ever want prices from NPCs to be non-regular, you could use something like 'charm' here too)

-mail (if you ever get offline-PMs)

etc. and these can be split further, for example:

-dance

--single(currently you can sort of do this one using turn-left, turn-right, and sit... which is pretty bad, yet people still do it, so they'd probably like something better!)

--couple

--group

you can probably guess what these do, the couple one would allow you to pick who (need some 'so-and-so would like to dance with you' notification, similar to what trade has)

some of the sing/play music/dance/etc options would be for singular use (wooing a potential mate), group (get up on the dance floor, singing while drunk around a campfire, etc), some for performing (you can have people go up on stage, dance and sing, etc)

yes, I know a lot of this means more work with the avatars as well as interface, but i think it'd be cool

this would also add a lot to the roleplay capabilities of the game

<addition>

another idea came up that's rather socially based (hence same thread) (thanks to Thyralax!)

using alchemy to be able to make moonshine, etc

this can be expanded on quite a bit, of course, different drinks and so forth, but it'd be good

we have a 'poisoned' state, and stats that wear off (potions, blessing, etc) so would it be possible to have some sort of (far milder) effect from being drunk? increase instinct and will, decrease co-ord and reasoning, that sort of thing)

could also use whatever skills go with this to get a job from vesine, more NPCs having more things to do shouldn't hurt anyone

Edited by ttlanhil