Eternal Lands Official Forums
ttlanhil

Remote Heal For The Non-magical

thinking about wanderingfool, and how only those who can cast remote heal can get karma from him, i thought of a solution

why not make it so you can use-with a healing potion on someone else? anyone can get a hold of a healing potion to help w/f or a friend :D

thinking about wanderingfool, and how only those who can cast remote heal can get karma from him, i thought of a solution

why not make it so you can use-with a healing potion on someone else? anyone can get a hold of a healing potion to help w/f or a friend  :D

155278[/snapback]

Hm... Good idea, after all, everyone can attack him and get negative karma, so everyone should be allowed to heal him as well... What about stackable scrolls?

scrolls sounds good too, and a little more realistic...

after all, it's easier to read something near a person than force them to drink :lol:

oh, plus, this sort of non magical remote heal would be useful in a lot of cases, and if it were easier than the current system (a hotkey for re-cast same spell, or remote heal only cast once and then each time you use-click someone it does te heal, perhaps?) then the idea of a priest/healer type in a fighting party starts to work, currently click cast, click person, especially if they're moving, makes it harder for this sort of combat assistance to happen

with better healing and combat magics, we have the potential for large scale fighting with multiple aspects, not just what one person can do

Edited by ttlanhil

;)

WanderingFool is just a bot...what he says or does has no influence on you or the game... ;)

155496[/snapback]

So smeging what? I mean, I have the right to have positive karma, don't I? Does everything have to make sense? :D

And more to the point, wanderingfool is what made me think of this, but it's far from the only advantage, just see my post on healers in a large battle to find out how

besides, wanderingfool tells me where the joker is, and i can get free stuff! :D that's influence!

<ed>

or healing guildmates without needing magic, too

this works better with the healing scroll than potion, otherwise you could give it to them, but this would also mean you're assured of getting the vial back, which is usually a condition when someone gets a healing potion ingame ;)

Edited by ttlanhil

oh, plus, this sort of non magical remote heal would be useful in a lot of cases, and if it were easier than the current system (a hotkey for re-cast same spell, or remote heal only cast once and then each time you use-click someone it does te heal, perhaps?)

ctrl-r recasts last sucessful spell.

Edited by freeone3000

I like the idea of scrolls. I think they should take EP to case though. Otherwise you could wind up with game balance problems.

UMM..............u need level 3 for remote heal  :)

stop being such a noob...you can get that level within the hour. :)

155921[/snapback]

stop being so negative. it also takes stocks of HE, ME, and the sigils, that's not quite so easy to get

and instead of picking on the reason for this, why not just talk about the suggestion, ie, scrolls or use-click potions? that's the relevant part

thinking about wanderingfool, and how only those who can cast remote heal can get karma

just pointigt out...........your reason was that some people cant do remote heal i was just saying that they cant use remote heal becuase they havent spent a few minutes to get it to level 3 that is all. and to say it is hard is just sad.....since your last post i made a guy and he is level 4..........so give me a break.

But as for the idea it isnt a bad one :) so dont get so uptight :)

I'm still not sure about one thing... if you chucked a healing potion at someone's head, would it hurt them, or heal?

156387[/snapback]

hmm... probably just heal the glass wounds, and that's about all.

but the idea for use-click a potion (or possibly even other items) on someone would be more like giving them a drink, you wouldn't throw it at them (and yes, scrolls are more beleivable for something like this)

I'm totally against this idea - If you wanna heal train your magic skill.

There are no such things as pking for the Non-fighters or SR making for those without vegetal nexuses. For a reason.

There are no such things as pking for the Non-fighters or SR making for those without vegetal nexuses. For a reason.

156430[/snapback]

no PK for non combat? not so, you can have a mage duel, or a summon duel, neither require combat skills. taking it a bit too far, even crafters can get in the act with a fist full of damage rings.

what's the difference between giving someone a potion in trade before they fight, and using a potion (or scroll, etc) on them during the fight? they need exactly the same amount of magic skill either way...

one of the things about multiplayer games is the co-operation, and things like this help promote teams, get a few fighters and a healer together out on the battlefield, backed up by manu-ers and crafters, etc

The difference is who initiates the heal. With a potion currently, the fighter needs to do the drinking which has delays on how often you can do things. If someone else can 'thrown' a potion at him to help keep things balance you'd need to 'hit' him and it may not work if he drunk one recently.

Besides, how does a healing potion work if you don't drink it? If a throwable potion were ever to be added it would need to be a 'high level' potion and expensive to make since it would need to heal at a range or without drinking.

On the other hand, maybe if you throw a potion, you might just end up healing the wrong side :twisted:

potion was given as an example, but the idea of scrolls works a lot better (read realistic) for what i wanted.

add stuff like remote shield, etc, and you have party work. yes, having a healer backing you up sure does give you an advantage, but then, you have another person having to do stuff in the battle (and in a big fight, they have to be careful not to get engaged)... this would help in 'party' systems (many RPGs have this, so you have have experts in several areas work together, this doesn't really work in EL as well as it could) and even large scale wars, the sort that are written about in storylines... imagine two (or more!) armies approaching (on a multi-pk map, of course) each other, swordsmen and axemen (and women) up front, then archers(when we have ranged weapons), summoners, healers, offensive casters, and following up is the troup that makes and repairs weapons, armour, magical items...

as much as i like working towards self-reliance, i think allowing people to become experts in a field and use that to work with experts in other areas would help a great deal

156430[/snapback]

Exactly. You have to make your choices just like everybody else.

potion was given as an example, but the idea of scrolls works a lot better (read realistic) for what i wanted.

add stuff like remote shield, etc, and you have party work. yes, having a healer backing you up sure does give you an advantage, but then, you have another person having to do stuff in the battle (and in a big fight, they have to be careful not to get engaged)... this would help in 'party' systems (many RPGs have this, so you have have experts in several areas work together, this doesn't really work in EL as well as it could) and even large scale wars, the sort that are written about in storylines... imagine two (or more!) armies approaching (on a multi-pk map, of course) each other, swordsmen and axemen (and women) up front, then archers(when we have ranged weapons), summoners, healers, offensive casters, and following up is the troup that makes and repairs weapons, armour, magical items...

as much as i like working towards self-reliance, i think allowing people to become experts in a field and use that to work with experts in other areas would help a great deal

156478[/snapback]

In this game, a healer would be a mage who has been specializing in healing spells and has the needed essences to do the healing and mana potions. So that is how you would do your remote heal in the scenario you described. It's how you run your character that really decides if you are a mage or a healer in EL!

In this game, a healer would be a mage who has been specializing in healing spells and has the needed essences to do the healing and mana potions. So that is how you would do your remote heal in the scenario you described. It's how you run your character that really decides if you are a mage or a healer in EL!

156489[/snapback]

:rolleyes: yeah, i really side tracked myself there, didn't I?

okay, what using scrolls would be good for is when there's a couple of fighters together. even in training, healing each other :lol: that's a better example of what i was getting at... getting into semi multifight in a non multi map, having backup like that

of course, with remote heal not being a high level spell, being able to have scrolls of more powerful magics would be even more useful, a warrior with little magic practice carrying a scroll of harm for a nice suprise (okay, so there's rings of damage... scroll of poison then)

then again, BR at 20 health vs remote heal for a new magicer at... 5 health? 10?

Edited by ttlanhil

156430[/snapback]

But Fighters can sell monster drops to everyone that needs them, and Potion Brewers can sell potions. Magicians can't sell spells. So every character has to train its magic skills in order to use magic, whereas any other skill can be replaced by a sufficient amount of money. Anyway, this issue already has a (more straightforward) solution planned.

With regards

Lachesis

But Fighters can sell monster drops to everyone that needs them, and Potion Brewers can sell potions. Magicians can't sell spells. So every character has to train its magic skills in order to use magic, whereas any other skill can be replaced by a sufficient amount of money. Anyway, this issue already has a (more straightforward) solution planned.

With regards

Lachesis

156501[/snapback]

Hmmm point taken. ;)