Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tornado

Antisocial Perk

I think the antisocial perk is too 'friendly' now. If we compare the another high negative perk Hellspawn we see this. Hellspawn gives 8 pp to u and makes the game almost unplayable for u. The Antisocial gives u 10! pp and not too negative for now.

If u antisocial:

- u can trade with bots

- u can buy sigils

- u can speak about all quest NPC

IMHO there r two way to solve this problem.

1. Make the antisocial perk REALLY antisocial:

ppls who have this perk couldnt contact with ALL NPC

2. Change the pp for example only 5 for antisocial perk

P.S: I know ppls who have antisocial now isnt like this suggestion but im really sure about this suggestion is correct.

Thank you :huh:

I think the antisocial shouldn't be a perk at all, but should rather be coupled to something like karma, meaning actions have an influx on the karma and when a player scams someone for example it drains from its karma. When the karma drops below some point this player becomes antisocial and can not trade with any NPCs nor with other people with the exception of other antisocial people. This could also add to the roleplaying of the game. But that'd a mid to long range addition to the game. For a short change I support you in decreasing the amount of PP given by the perk to 5.

Hmmm... I see there at least one, but rather important, problem. How do you imagine taking pps from players with antisocial perk? I can't imagine the situation.

Next point - the law can't act back - we took as because we founded it interesting and profitable.

It seems also that you have never had the perk. If you ever have it you would know that it's not so funny thing. We can't buy books, essences. We can't even buy a damn needle. We always need other players help - and, quite often we are scammed. We can't earn money selling fruits/blue lupines/lilacs to flower shop. We can't sell our drops. We can't buy vials and potions. There is many things we can't do at all. Do still think it is do great to have antisocial? Yes, then take it, since it's so wonderful and great thing.

In my opoinion you just want to cause a wave of reseting people. I don't know why, but I could think about couple reasons. None of them I like, and I wouldn't like to accuse you of jelousy, mean, or just need to make some people life a way harder.

Try to think about your proposition a bit more and then say if you still think it's so good.

I agree with vanyel, when i first took it, i thought it'd make a few things harder, but wouldn't have that big an impact... boy, was i wrong.

for like a week or two after i took it, i'd find myself taking vegetables(i usually spend my harvest hour on them, if i'm not after stuff from the mines) to the tavern, then stop myself and realise i can't sell them anymore

the simple things like that aren't really thought about

it is is a serious impact on what you do, the only NPCs you can interact with are quest, and vital ones(eg, magic shop will sell sigils, as there's no other way at all to get them)

Hmmm... I see there at least one, but rather important, problem. How do you imagine taking pps from players with antisocial perk? I can't imagine the situation.

Next point - the law can't act back - we took as because we founded it interesting and profitable.

It seems also that you have never had the perk. If you ever have it you would know that it's not so funny thing. We can't buy books, essences. We can't even buy a damn needle. We always need other players help - and, quite often we are scammed. We can't earn money selling fruits/blue lupines/lilacs to flower shop. We can't sell our drops. We can't buy vials and potions. There is many things we can't do at all. Do still think it is do great to have antisocial? Yes, then take it, since it's so wonderful and great thing.

In my opoinion you just want to cause a wave of reseting people. I don't know why, but I could think about couple reasons. None of them I like, and I wouldn't like to accuse you of jelousy, mean, or just need to make some people life a way harder.

Try to think about your proposition a bit more and then say if you still think it's so good.

155205[/snapback]

Im antisocial :blink:

But.

Books: ppls usually buy general books then they get the antisocial.

Essencies: Noone buys essencies from NPC, every1 buys from market

U can't earn money: LOOL u can... there r tons way to earn money.

vial & pots: same as essencies, noone buy from NPC, every1 buys from market

and u can buy almost ALL needed thing from bots.

I want to write again this perk is not too negative now for 10pp.

Make antisocial perk REALLY antisocial, or less pickpoints.

UFF :)

Make antisocial perk REALLY antisocial, or less pickpoints.

155216[/snapback]

less pickpoints is a problem, what would you do, give the people who previously took it negative PP? or just decrease the cost for people who take it in the future, disadvantaging them? adjusting the price will mess some stuff up

as for really antisocial, there's the quest npcs(you have to work for that, and it's in a monster area out of the way, could be removed, but shouldn't, IMO), vital npc stuff (sigils, no fair making magic off limits to antisocial people), and storage(without this, you'd have to give a lot more than 10pp, storage is vital)

but still, antisocial does make a lot of things harder (eg vials, buy from other players? not that easy, i usually have to get help at mira to get vials)

money isn't impossible to get, sure, but it's not as easy anymore

there are some things that are next to impossible to get from players... eg when i was doing the def god quest and needed wooden shields, couldn't get any on market chan, the smith was the only option

I should be crazy to buy vials on market channel - they are about twice (or even more) as much as from Harvy or Mira. You should reconcider this point again.

Tell me where I said I can't earn mone? Of course you can, but give me an example of as easy way as, eg. picking fruits at holy apple I agree with you. Just one example of easy way, plz!

About books you could be right, but in my opinion buying all books before you get antisocial is not possible - or takes to much time.

Essencies - there is at least one kind of essences which cheaper in shop than self-made one.

And yes you can buy _almost_ what you need from bots, You said almost and I agree, but the rest is impossible to buy from mods, and noone on market channel is selling it (eg. needles, polish paper, pickaxes, mortor&pistle, and so on and so forth).

This perk is really negative. Going your way of thinkging developers should half points for godless - you can live without god. On high levels those premium xp are not necessary. Why to not half points for hellspawn - everybody has to visit that place. And 20% is not so much. Just one per 5. Phew. Gellie bones, woa, only fighters would care about those 5 mp, so why not half points for that?

I don't agree with you totally! I think you haven't thought about all consequences your idea would bring to EL.