Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jimmythesaint

Random Harvest Events

Ok, I think something needs to be done about the random events that occur while harvesting, esp mining.

In the 6-7 hours I played today I broke Two Gloves, two Pickaxes, and randomly died twice!

Not to mention the couple beestings and a 3-4 "mothernature got pissed for half my life"

All the while only recieving TWO positive random events for less than 900 harvest exp total.

That doesnt seem very balanced does it? I understand why the random events are there, but they seem too frequent and some are just rediculous. As Im writing this I just saw the guy next to me get a cavern wall fall on him and 1 minute later mother nature gets pissed at me again.

The random death while harvesting is really stupid. I mean it doesnt make any sence at all. La lala plugging away at this coal... BAM im in the underworld.

Damnit! My pickaxe just broke while typing this.. that makes 3 today. I guess I should just start carrying 3 with me at all times? <_<

I can deal with the pickaxes and gloves breaking as they are cheap. But, randomly dying while harvesting sucks.

Edited by jimmythesaint

well, for the record, it's not actually an instant death, it's another one of those taking damage ones, but you run out of health. if your health is high enough that a cavern wall won't kill you, don't don't die...

as for how frequent it is, i think that was to stop the harvest and walk away type... so i think it should be more frequent.

but yes, ballance the good, the bad, and the neutral a bit better (neutral is just stopping, nothing else happens... it happens to me occasionaly, anyway)

the positive bonuses aren't large either, unless it's a rare event like a stone, but the damage ones are usually pretty heavy. two cavern walls can probably take out most harvesters, and a couple of beestings a newbie at the flowers... the caverns might be realistic, but not the bees.

if the damage were reduced, the good/neutral/bad ballanced a bit more, then they could be more frequent (to interupt the afk harvesters, which i think was the original goal) and still have people generally happy

Yeah thats exactly what I was talking about. I know thats why they are there... and I think its a good thing, but some balance is really necessary.

And by the way... Im pretty sure it was just a random death and not a cavern wall falling on me killing me. I checked my console chat and couldnt figure out why I died as there was nothing there but "you started harvesting" then BAM "jimmythesaint has contributed to the population control" or some such nonsence.

*EDIT* Another pickaxe just broke! This is too frequent.

Edited by jimmythesaint

yeah, there's no notice for either the player or the people around what happened, but i'm certain it's not a death thing... when you have enough health to survive the stronger cave-ins, you don't get sent to the underworld

i haven't seen the code, but i haven't died since i started leaving any time i was injured enough to die

AFAIR the just stopping event is a known, but yet unsolved bug. This kind of event shouldn't happen at all.

Imo there is no random death event. This is indeed just you don't have enough hitpoints left to survive the cavern wall, mn gets pissed event or beesting event. It's just, you don't know why you have died, whether it was a wall or a beesting doesn't matter anymore, you're dead. That's why you don't get a chat message about it. I'm quite sure other players around get's a message on why you have died. I remember to have seen this more than once.

well, IMO, the just stopping is more of an accidental feature than a bug 8^)

if that happened more often, it'd serve the random stop purpose without upsetting people, it should be coded in and increased.

as for what causes it, i'm thinking it's something the client sends, it seems to happen more often on an alt+tab than if i'm afk for a few

Edited by ttlanhil