Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ttlanhil

4 Misc Suggestions

I've posted in a few other areas, didn't find better places for the following suggestions though.

it'd be great to adjust the med-garg falling on the bag thing, it's quite difficult to get the bag out from underneath, but it easy for most other enemies... at current, you have to go to the left side of the garg and scroll right in... and if there's a non-removable wall or another enemy nearby, you have to wait a long time or chance losing the bag.

a way to push people in certain locations, such as doorways and ships... and if anyone goes afk there or doesn't move for a minute(or less) they get pushed automatically (just a few steps, out of the pinchway)

This is probably server-side for the automatic part, and client-side if you allow to push (and it'd only be allowed in the areas where it would happen automatically later... don't want to be able to have everyone pushing people around... especially if they're sitting on a bag)

the suggestions of <up> and <down> to go through previously posted messages has come up (along with line editing besides just delete... this was on channel in game, and din't find it in the forum, though it's probably somewhere in there)... and the complaint has been that it's just asking for spam. a few points there.

it's already possible for people to do that, just make a line in notepad/whatever, and copy'n'paste... you're barely making it harder for the bad guys, but it's being used as an excuse to not do something helpful

and my solution, useful for people who copy'n'paste as well: have it so you can't post the same message twice, reduce spam a bit

another point, which i have some suspicions might be only a client-side thing... when you mouse over an entry/exit, the cursor changes, but only a small part of that will actually enter/exit when clicked (talking about cave entrances more than buildings)... shouldn't clicking on any part that changes cursor make you go through?

an example is the exit in the north part of MM caves (since that's where i'm mining while i write this

plus you could have an area inside the entry arch (because it usually is an arch) that's also clickable (I think the underworld has this, been a while since i visited though :o)

and my solution, useful for people who copy'n'paste as well: have it so you can't post the same message twice, reduce spam a bit

if i type something and 0,1 sec later the same message it wont show up in chat, or is it just me?

if i type something and 0,1 sec later the same message it wont show up in chat, or is it just me?

154888[/snapback]

nope, i just tested it, and it does block for about a second. but less than one or two seconds between posts is pretty hard for any decent size message anyway.

so yes, we have it, it just doesn't solve the problem

I've posted in a few other areas, didn't find better places for the following suggestions though.

it'd be great to adjust the med-garg falling on the bag thing, it's quite difficult to get the bag out from underneath, but it easy for most other enemies... at current, you have to go to the left side of the garg and scroll right in... and if there's a non-removable wall or another enemy nearby, you have to wait a long time or chance losing the bag.

154842[/snapback]

if you drop something out of your bag while standing on the garg bag, it opens the bag up and you will have whatever you dropped plus whatever was in garg bag.

if you drop something out of your bag while standing on the garg bag, it opens the bag up and you will have whatever you dropped plus whatever was in garg bag.

155241[/snapback]

yeah, i guess, but opening up inventory, grabbing something, and dropping it is about as much work as spinning and zooming in anyway 8^/

i spose if you have inventory open to drink lots of potions it becomes faster, and this solution does fix it when you can't see the bag at all, but still be nicer to be able to see the bag

I like ttlanhil ideas. I found it hard myself to get drops from medium gargs.

Auto-tp from cave entrance is also good idea. We could always call mod, but why to bother them, if it could be done automatically? It's the problem especially with Crystal Cave.

There could be something like spam filter, which wouldn't allow to send two identical messages in period of time.