Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
johnttlin

Remove Beam My 2 Cent

please remove beam so I can sell ip rings for 1k each or 100 gp each

i want money .

i want to be rich in el just like bill gate in rl .

Edited by johnttlin

The removal of the beam command is something that will happen. As for when, I have no idea.

And dont get too happy, you wouldnt be the only person selling them...:P

The removal of the beam command is something that will happen. As for when, I have no idea.

154146[/snapback]

I hope all the map bugs (isolated walkable tiles) will be solved then B)

With regards

Lachesis

I hope all the map bugs (isolated walkable tiles) will be solved then :P

With regards

Lachesis

154179[/snapback]

Of course they would :)

And that it will be impossible to be boxed in by AFK people.

154180[/snapback]

Heh, a very good point :D

please remove beam so I can sell ip rings for 1k each  or 100 gp each

154143[/snapback]

Don't listen to him. Don't remove the beam.

OR at least don't remove it for teh n00bz0rz, just for the experienced players (with OA greater than, for example, 20). N00bz can't afford to buy all those rings.

why should they buy it?.. they can also walk

154327[/snapback]

Not if they're surrounded by fluffy rabbits :D Beginners usually like to explore the maps and can get in dangerous situations because of PK-ers or hostile creatures fast. I also noticed they often don't deposit their items prior to their risky journeys, and so they lose half their fortune when dieing. For that reasons, It'd be a really nice goodie for them to still be able to beam. They aren't the top purchasers for teleport rings anyway :)

As for the isolated tiles: there should be a view in the map editor that shows you all the walkable tiles in 2D top view, even if they are in a rock or something -- currently, if you cannot see the ground, you cannot see if it's walkable either. That way it would be trivial to find isolated tiles.

With regards

Lachesis

Edited by Lachesis

Not if they're surrounded by fluffy rabbits :D Beginners usually like to explore the maps and can get in dangerous situations because of PK-ers or hostile creatures fast. I also noticed they often don't deposit their items prior to their risky journeys, and so they lose half their fortune when dieing. For that reasons, It'd be a really nice goodie for them to still be able to beam. They aren't the top purchasers for teleport rings anyway :)

154333[/snapback]

If they use the beam, Satan won't be able to boldly pwn them.

I like the idea of leaving #beam for lower level players (newbs), but I don't think it should be tied to OA - then a #reset would mean that non-newbs could beam all over again! Instead tie it to skill - something like if any skill level > 25, then #beam no longer works.

EDIT: typo fixed.

Edited by Arnieman

I like the idea of leaving #beam for lower level players (newbs), but I don't think it whould be tied to OA - then a #reset would mean that non-newbs could beam all over again!  Instead tie it to skill - something like if any skill level > 25, then #beam no longer works.

154355[/snapback]

You're right.

Good point, we should probably do this with dieing also (currently you aren't taken to hell until you reach OA 7).

With regards

Lachesis

I use it a lot, and never, not once, to escape trouble. I usually go give free stuff to newbs, or just hang out when I beam up........I like it. If it's trouble on certain maps or whatever, perhaps just disable it there?

I do like to help newbs outs, and it's a quick way to where it all starts.

If it is being abused somehow I don't know about........perhaps just fix the problem and not get rid of it completely.

Edited by JohnnyWrath

Beam is already disabled on PK maps.

Atm beam is really important in some situations. For example the meeting hall in TG Magic school. I teleported up to the speakers platform and couldn't get down anymore, since I had no ingredients for TPTR with me. Well I could have waited two hours until one of my friends got alle the essences or would have brought me a teleport ring. Well I decided to beam...

Of course that's a situation caused by a mapbug. But I'm quite sure there are more bugs like that or situations where it's quite handy.

We have to find solutions and fixes for these situations first, before we think about removing #beam me

One possible compromise would be to have the #beam me take you some place a lot less useful then IP near the wraith... If not for the gargs at night then I'd suggest some place in the NE quarter of the WSC map.

The problem is that you can get trapped by players... it doesn't take many, either, if you're in a tight area...

Beam for no level over 10 (or whatever) to current location, beam over that level to some spot about a screen away on current map, maybe? it won't really help you escape stuff, but can solve map bugs, an oops with tele to range, and getting boxed in

please remove beam so I can sell ip rings for 1k each  or 100 gp each

i want money .

i want to be rich in el just like bill gate in rl .

154143[/snapback]

good luck selling for anything more then 100 when npc sells for 100. beam was removed in pk maps already...........removing beam all together...why?

what would be the purpose of removing beam? to sell rings :o rings have no purpose but to escape pk maps and for lazy people who can spend all day long making health essences but can't walk from point a to point b......i mean come on it isnt like we have to click every step we take anymore.

I love the beam it saves me so much time, why not just remove it for newer players but leave for those who signed up when it was still available.

just now, simferry was stuck on the wall in VOTD... said it was a harvest teleport, and couldn't move 8^)

as funny as this was, it shows why removing the beam entirely is a Bad Idea... if you must remove it, see my post above. just moving a meter or two would solve the problem, without any cheating use

I don't think a short range random teleport to range is the answer. Offhand I can certainly think of ways to "abuse" that. Which is why I suggested that "#beam me" be changed to take people some place safe but undesirable. IE, far away from anything useful. That way you still have a safety valve, but there is little or no upside to it other then being able to get out of situations where you would be trapped otherwise.

the only map i can think of that's safe and has nothing of value is the underworld... that could work, i suppose, and have leaving the underworld take anyone over level 20 (eg) in any skill to a random place in the world.

as for abusing a beam that goes 2 meters, how? skip forward in VC's darkness maze, perhaps, but you could also go backwards... escape a monster? okay, make it so you beam 2 meters and then can't walk for 10seconds (and also can't beam to a chokepoint like the VOTD doorway between lilacs and molgor). it's useless for escaping monsters then! and using this, you can re-enable beam in pk maps, it can't be used to escape, and can be used for mapbugs

having to #suicide just because the harvest teleport sent you atop a wall (see above) is a bit harsh... but it does bring another idea...

what if, for over level X (10, 20, whatever) in any skill

you lose 10% + 10 health

you get moved 5 meters

you can't move for 10 seconds

can't use it a lot, else you die and drop stuff (in an area you either can't easily get back to, or where there's a few people who pinned you in ready to grab the bag)

the problem is if you're injured, no ability to heal, and no food, then someone pins you in in order to make you use this... don't see how that's fixable with damage though