Eternal Lands Official Forums
valo13

hunting of cats to be legalized

should the hunting of cats be legalized?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. should the hunting of cats be legalized?

• yes kill the felines
    • Heck no cats shouldnt be killed
    • all hunting should be ended

Agreed. And cats clean themselves. As well as stay quiet most of the time, with dogs you have to listen to YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP allllllllllllll night long.

My cat was hit by a car, but pulled through somehow, ever since then his meow has been like a high pitched screem. RRREEEEEOOOWWW! :P

Agreed. And cats clean themselves. As well as stay quiet most of the time, with dogs you have to listen to YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP allllllllllllll night long.

205387[/snapback]

scarab those are called small dogs,big dogs dont yap....anyway!why did you guys bring this thread alive again?

Don't forget they are referring to feral domestic cats. There's a difference between "wild cats" and "wildcats". No matter how many generations these animals have survived on the outskirts of human civilization, they are still felis domesticus not Pumas running off the Leprechaun stock! The reason they are so numerous comes back to the people who irresponsibly allowed them to breed and then abandoning them.

I have to assume Wisconsin has shelters and services for 'fixing' and vaccinating pets. Here in New York state, it's a big deal to be properly responsible for pets and depending on areas, there are penalties for unregistered pets without medical documents... It does seem heavy-handed to me, but it also keeps the stray levels more manageable than in the past.

I suppose it is the Yankee way to eliminate anything that gets in our way, just ask the remnants of the Lakota Nation, but maybe we can perk up and find more humane and diplomatic ways to deal with problems. As it is, some folks want to take our national bird off the endangered species list so some breeding grounds can be developed.

I think Benjamin Franklin was right, we should have declared the turkey as national bird :medieval:

BTW, I voted 'Kill No Cats', but not all hunting. It's not my thing, but I don't have the right to remove the privilege of hunting from others. Besides, I love venison!

They are WILD CATS....they are ruining the enviroment for other creatures and disrupting the peace...gee...look at the facts!

I love this, you could easily replace WILD CATS with HUMANS

Too many hedgehogs, to many rats, too many grasshoppers, to many mice, to many snakes, to many of everything why stop at cats i think there are just as many dogs and some of them are definately wild, why is it that the more industrial the country the easier it is to wipe out the local beastlies >!>?

There are too many milk cartons , to many cigarrettes, to many freezer fridge combos, to many disposable lighters to many landfill sites and to many new cars.. . . . . . . . . . ..... . . .

Edited by Ateh

I voted yes, after reading the entire story.

Feriles are not the cute and cuddly house pets. I have always been a cat owner and lover, and dont think I could ever shoot one. However, a feral cat is closer to a wild rodent in temperment than it is to a house cat.

Not only can they be messy, disease ridden, aggressive pests in a neighbourhood; feral cats in the country often fill the same sort of niche that coyotes do. They hunt and kill small animals and birds, steal food and garbage from houses, and are very aggressive towards tamer animals.

In farming areas, feral cats often prey on chickens, ducks, other birds, and small animals. While they can be good to keep down some pests, they breed rapidly, carry several parasites and diseases, and show no restraint on what they will hunt when they are hungry. Most *farmers* I know kill wild cats on sight.

All in all, this idea makes a lot of sense from a rural standpoint, but is being presented in such a manner that it is guaranteed to fail due to liberal weenie vegetables and their long heart strings. As it stands, though, a large number of feriles are shot without a thought towards laws or liberals. Farmers shoot them in order to protect their animals.

This law would simply mean that they were now 'allowed' to do so. I doubt that the folks who normally shoot cats would care one way or another if this law was passed or not.

*/edit*

ferol cats should be caught and neatured then released in the end the problem would stop because they wouldnt be able to reproduce maybe food laced with contraception could be put down for them also BUT ONE THINGS FOR SURE THEY SHOULD NOT BE HUNTED WTH if one of my cats stray out and some druken bum with a gun kills them !!!! nooooooooo way all hunters with guns are sicks bastards and i mean all,if these druken assholes wanna hunt i say hunt each other and get rid of themselves :confused::P

Edited by desdamona

Now, now... violence begets violence... make smoochies not war! :D

Folks who hunt and fish should be allowed to enjoy the sport within the law, it is part of a natural cycle. In the long run it may well be more humane than the factory farming we get our flesh food from.

Cats and dogs are food for humans in many East Asian countries. Giant rodents are yummy in South America. Grubs and slugs and spiders (oh my) are, um, food too. Escargot (snails) are big time deeelish!! Live oysters, clams, mussels.... Not too long ago, horse meat was available for human consumption in the US, but then banned along with other pet meat. Now it's goose liver because of the treatment of the geese, but why haven't they banned the treatment of veal calves? Too many people love veal, probably. Then again celery is good too....

Ateh Posted Mar 14 2007, 04:46 PM

QUOTE(chatterbug89 @ Apr 13 2005, 01:49 AM) *

They are WILD CATS....they are ruining the enviroment for other creatures and disrupting the peace...gee...look at the facts!

I love this, you could easily replace WILD CATS with HUMANS

Too many hedgehogs, to many rats, too many grasshoppers, to many mice, to many snakes, to many of everything why stop at cats i think there are just as many dogs and some of them are definately wild, why is it that the more industrial the country the easier it is to wipe out the local beastlies >!>?

This is a really good point proving that elimination is not the answer. We have a word for the stalking and hunting down of a societal group of living beings: "genocide". There was a man who convinced millions of people to hate and eliminate a small group of denizens on his land with no success and misery for all. Name: Hitler.

Then again, maybe we could round up all them feral house cats and make slaves out of them...... after all, they're not human! :)

Too many people start being unreasonable when the kililng of 'fluffy' animals is concerned. They are in fact the same people who mass-murder cows, pigs and chickens by proxy, then eat them. And in christmas, they also order the execution of thousands of rabbits, deer and pheasant.

But ooooo.... someone shoots a cat. 'This villain is another saddam who must be hung by the neck as a punishment!' would be the consensus opinion of the weakminded cretins that surround me. I detest this way of thinking, but it has something to do with having a heart, I suppose.

If I were the dreaded dictator of my country, cat owners should pay stiff taxes to even be allowed to have the damn beast. This is already the case for dogs, and dogs don't slaughter entire species of birds, which cats are largely responsible for around these parts.

Too many people start being unreasonable when the kililng of 'fluffy' animals is concerned.

we have a real problem with that in EL... fluffy rabbits don't seem to be going extinct anyway ;)

If fluffy rabbits are tougher than Cyclops how tough is a fluffy cat?

(P.S. I shall not add an opinion on this topic because as a bird species that has a very low opinion of cats, my opinion would be heavily prejudiced against them)

--Duck2