Eternal Lands Official Forums
valo13

hunting of cats to be legalized

should the hunting of cats be legalized?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. should the hunting of cats be legalized?

• yes kill the felines
    • Heck no cats shouldnt be killed
    • all hunting should be ended

OMFG!!1!!@#!!!!What the hell is going on on this planet?!?!?!? :)  :wacko:

I mean,are those guys sick or something????? :wacko:  :) I'm a proud cat owner and i say NO!

152561[/snapback]

So you are aware, it is for FERAL cats only not Domestic ones. So it wouldn't be open season on all cats. In otherwords, your house cat would be safe. That is assuming that you have a collar on the cat.

I already hunt hog, deer, and turkey (no turkey for me this season), but there's no way I'd add kitties to that list. :wacko: I'll leave it to the people who run over cats with lawn mowers to do that. :)

Edited by Daxon

Where's the option "all hunting, except for that on cats, should be forbidden"?

Where's the option "all hunting, except for that on cats, should be forbidden"?

152605[/snapback]

Called a biased poll. :) I can guess by the wording of the poll and all valo13 said.. that he voted for the second option. If you can ever guess what the creator of a poll guessed on, then it's probably biased. My philosophy. :wacko:

Edited by Daxon

I voted yes, after reading the entire story.

Feriles are not the cute and cuddly house pets. I have always been a cat owner and lover, and dont think I could ever shoot one. However, a feral cat is closer to a wild rodent in temperment than it is to a house cat.

Not only can they be messy, disease ridden, aggressive pests in a neighbourhood; feral cats in the country often fill the same sort of niche that coyotes do. They hunt and kill small animals and birds, steal food and garbage from houses, and are very aggressive towards tamer animals.

In farming areas, feral cats often prey on chickens, ducks, other birds, and small animals. While they can be good to keep down some pests, they breed rapidly, carry several parasites and diseases, and show no restraint on what they will hunt when they are hungry. Most *farmers* I know kill wild cats on sight.

All in all, this idea makes a lot of sense from a rural standpoint, but is being presented in such a manner that it is guaranteed to fail due to liberal weenie vegetables and their long heart strings. As it stands, though, a large number of feriles are shot without a thought towards laws or liberals. Farmers shoot them in order to protect their animals.

This law would simply mean that they were now 'allowed' to do so. I doubt that the folks who normally shoot cats would care one way or another if this law was passed or not.

*/edit*

Edited by Dent

I love animals, and i have 1 cat, 2 dogs and a fishie, and even if it is just feral cats, cat hunting is WAY too far!!!! So I voted NO!!!

- Kougria

Edited by Kougria

I'm sick of all this...I heard about this a couple months ago and a relative of us called us saying it was so horible (yeah...I didne't read the article, but i am almost postive they are talkinga bout where I live). They are a problem...a pest...and they arn't domesticated. They are WILD CATS....they are ruining the enviroment for other creatures and disrupting the peace...gee...look at the facts! Stupid people jump to conclusions <_<

Sorry...I didne't want to hear this for a secound tiema bout "Oh no..they are goign to kil lthe cats..you guys are sick"...get your facts straight!

:wacko: i was hopin i would get some good input, i was more curious to see what people say about this, and yes i did vote no killin kitty. I have a reason though, my cat was a ferile, they can be tamed and cleaned up, now my cat is as clean and tame as anyone elses house cat. there is other solutions then shoot em, plus some domestic cats could be killed on accident.

lol and chatter humans do more damage to the environment and everything else then any animals.

Edited by valo13

One one hand, we have cats overpopulating. They keep breeding and keep breeding, and there are getting too many for the ecosystem to handle.

On the other, you have the domestic cat that may get out and in danger, the vindictive neighbors who'd likely use the law as an excuse to upset a neighbor they don't like, the careless owner who lets their cat roam free, and many similar instances where a tame cat would end up a victim of a law aimed only at the wild.

So, let the wild ones take over your yard, or let your pet cat check out with the wild ones? Tough choice.

here is the real question: ehy not kill the dogs? I hate dogs. But anyways, I am torn on this.

1. I love cats.

2. But I dont want a feral cat giving my pets or friends some sorta sicknes from a bite or scratch.

so you see my dillema here.

Yea ok, feral cats are soo mean. Even tho I've seen video on the news of a guy in Wyomig feeding 10-20 feral cats, petting them, they not showing no signs of aggression. Thanks pls.

You can't kill all of them............where would the chinese places get thier meat if we did kill em all? I have no idea what the chicken is made out of in those places but it doesn't taste like any other chicken out there. I hope i never find out though cuz it sure is good.

You can't kill all of them............where would the chinese places get thier meat if we did kill em all? I have no idea what the chicken is made out of in those places but it doesn't taste like any other chicken out there. I hope i never find out though cuz it sure is good.

That is disgustingly racist.

Edited by scarab2k

I'm sick of all this...I heard about this a couple months ago and a relative of us called us saying it was so horible (yeah...I didne't read the article, but i am almost postive they are talkinga bout where I live).  They are a problem...a pest...and they arn't domesticated.  They are WILD CATS....they are ruining the enviroment for other creatures and disrupting the peace...gee...look at the facts!  Stupid people jump to conclusions <_<

Sorry...I didne't want to hear this for a secound tiema bout "Oh no..they are goign to kil lthe cats..you guys are sick"...get your facts straight!

152663[/snapback]

Really... according to this, we should also be allowed to hunt teenagers? It falls under the same generalization which people often make :D .

The feral cats in my country are too afraid of people to scratch or bite them.This is a common event:

Cat:Meow

Guy:*kicks cat*

Cat:*runs away*

Then again, around here (rural), I've seen them around ~30 pounds @ 7 months old... only danger they pose is knocking over calves in displays of over-affection :P (BTW, that one is true)

Edited by crusadingknight

Then again, around here (rural), I've seen them around ~30 pounds @ 7 months old... only danger they pose is knocking over calves in displays of over-affection  :P (BTW, that one is true)

153676[/snapback]

Woah.7 months,30 pounds?That's over 10 kg easily!I had a friend who had his cat spayed and she weighed 10 kg at 2 years old.Now you're lying a bit, aren't u?

Edited by Mad_Raven