Eternal Lands Official Forums

World of Warcraft

(if you dont mind buying/paying for the game)

Guild Wars

(If you dont mind buying. (No mothly or yearly fee))

Runescape

(If you dont mind Spyware and Addware, being treaded like crap, and being bored by lack of skill in the design.)

Eternal Lands

(2 thumbs up :):hehe: )

I originally started messing with the on-line game community with MUDs thinking my dial-up (landlords phone) wouldn't do graphics.

For the heck of it I tried a 2D game just to see, and all the text was melting my specs. The game is called Daimonin and uses a similar client to EL. The game mechanics are unique (for me) with a mostly keyboard operated interaction system. The graphics are nothing compared to EL's 3d fun, but sufficient for thrills and adventure. Most of the players are heavily involved and many are developers, map makers and even alternate server owners.

It's a similar theme to EL. Build up your ;) by killing progressively powerful monsters, following skill paths by using particular skills; spells, prayers, ranged and four kinds of melee fighting.

The map isn't quite as big as EL, but it's challenging, plus the whole thing is in a constant Beta state too. They are working on going 3d so the map won't change til that happens. There are clans instead of guilds with lots of in-game games, sub plots, battles (no PK yet) and newbie training. Tons of buying, selling, and trading. Plenty of sneak thieves to complain to mods about and lots of relationships with very active forums.

I made a friend right off the bat and we wound up starting a clan together. We attracted a handful of newerbies than me and clan organization was like herding cats, I did get some web design experience designing the clan site. Here's the link so I can show off: The DaimonNinjas. In the meantime, we've pretty much dispersed.

I have say, and no offense to all here, that the gang at Daimonin is the friendliest and most cheerful group of folks I've met on the net. All international too!

Check it out, only for comparison of course, the client is a short download and easy to work on dial-up.

Meanwhile, since that worked, I thought I'd try a 3d game to see if my connection could carry it. That's when I found RuneScrape. A few days of that and I thought I was stuck in a gigantic virtual kindergarten! A little more hunting around, and here I am!

Sorry for the long-winded BS....

Edited by Samanex

Runescape

(If you dont mind Spyware and Addware, being treaded like crap, and being bored by lack of skill in the design.)

216002[/snapback]

it gives u spyware!?

:marks down one more reason why runescape suxs ;)

For the heck of it I tried a 2D game just to see, and all the text was melting my specs. The game is called Daimonin and uses a similar client to EL. The game mechanics are unique (for me) with a mostly keyboard operated interaction system. The graphics are nothing compared to EL's 3d fun, but sufficient for thrills and adventure. Most of the players are heavily involved and many are developers, map makers and even alternate server owners.

It's a similar theme to EL. Build up your  :P by killing progressively powerful monsters, following skill paths by using particular skills; spells, prayers, ranged and four kinds of melee fighting.

216334[/snapback]

Funny you mention that...

My husband started playing Daimonin last year, and he got obsessed with it, and finally convinced me to find an MMORPG to play (i.e. EL). It's too bad it hasn't been updated in a while, but it's a nice looking game.

www.knightonlineworld.com

It's ok i played it, but i has bugs but they're trying to fix it (or at least i think and u also have register with name last name email etc....

You can either be a rogue, warrior, preiest, or magicican

Edited by Eliminator

Runescape

216002[/snapback]

it gives u spyware!?

:marks down one more reason why runescape suxs :)

lol u got that right. theres rumors of runescape 3 (number 1 was the classic one)(2 is the one people plays now) heres a mark for why not to play it. Too many scammers.

Edited by cho-yun

It's ok i played it, but i has bugs but they're trying to fix it (or at least i think and u also have register with name last name email etc....

I love this game, pity it's terribly difficult to connect to it, the game lags and you are disconnected quite often...

Tiras introduced me to a game called Supreme Destiny...And I'm actually addicted. A bit confusing at first, but it really is fun and I'm on it constantly now.

http://supremedestiny.com.my/

Nice woodchuck this game is awesome. What server you play on and whats your char name, got lucky and got bone of sky dragon drop woot...can sell in shop for 400k any idea what its worth to players?

I love this game, pity it's terribly difficult to connect to it, the game lags and you are disconnected quite often...

Yeah I play it every once in awhile but my dad is addicted to it

Hard to get him off :P

Guest skaar

There's a brand new game (well, 2 month old):

>>>>> www.silkroadonline.net <<<<< CHECK IT OUT

it's like KALONLINE, but without so many hacks, but pros are: tons of quests, many classes, stuff (atm beta status, but growing up fast) and cool magical effects. ;)

look there, it's absolute fantastic :D

waiting there for some of you guys (and ladies aswell) :D

Tiras introduced me to a game called Supreme Destiny...And I'm actually addicted. A bit confusing at first, but it really is fun and I'm on it constantly now.

Nice woodchuck this game is awesome. What server you play on and whats your char name, got lucky and got bone of sky dragon drop woot...can sell in shop for 400k any idea what its worth to players?

That game is sweet, i played it once got addicted to it big time, then after a week of playing got boring. Too easy to lvl, i found myself a guild i sit in water zone place thing while they kill i just get xp and lvl like mad :lol:

That game is sweet, i played it once got addicted to it big time, then after a week of playing got boring. Too easy to lvl, i found myself a guild i sit in water zone place thing while they kill i just get xp and lvl like mad :lol:

I agree, i got to about lvl 40 or so then got bored of a basic slash and hack game.

Guest darkjedi

Another great MMORPG is TerraWorld Online @ www.terragaming.net (u have to download)

Lots o fun (my name is darkjedi =P)

silkroad ! sweet game

www.silkroadonline.net

you get to choose a job when u get to lvl 20, jobs are trader, hunter, thief...and u can lvl them up n stuff.. pretty cool :(

edit: didnt even see skaars post :D

Edited by kansle

Maladine, w00t!!

www.houseofpwn.net

It's in the forums under the Maladine category.

World of Warcraft

(if you dont mind buying/paying for the game)

Guild Wars

(If you dont mind buying. (No mothly or yearly fee))

Runescape

Eternal Lands

(2 thumbs up ;):) )

That runescape comment is so true!!!

anyways...

www.kalonline.com (free MMORPG)

Diablo 2 (buy once, no monthly payments)