Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Quinticus

Seridia's History

I realize that the storylines thread is for stories, but i can't help but wonder what is the history of Seridia. So i decided to place this thread in storylines, since (i think) we're the ones coming up with stuff based on history.

What's happened in Seridia?

There are many ruins lying about the continent. None, in my opinion, seem to be recent. The great war was to have happened (as i understand it) 50-70 years before present day game time.

Can any developers give us any insite?

I have 3 stories in the hopper ATM: one is placed 40-50 years before the great war, another is placed 2-4 THOUSAND years before present date, and the last i haven't really looked at (tale of vermor castle).

40-50 years isn't to much of a problem. Its the stories of ancient times that get us. I have it that 2-4 years ago (not sure on even ball park figures for years) that Tirnym was a kingdom ruled by a class of high elves. Also Tyrnwood was around then and ruled by majestic wood elves. However if this is not the case, some major rewriting is going to have to be done. I won't mind, but some direction is needed.

Some kind of rough outline would help. I think we need this from the developers because they are the ones dictating where this game goes. Its your history to write, but if you need help i'm around.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to hold a meeting in-game at some time. I was there when they did that for Manu/Crafting suggestions and it was very productive.

Or maybe i'm just talking out of my butt. Ideas?

Hm I never really thought about it :)

I kinda figured i'd leave it up to the storytellers to find out what happened :blink:

I understand you'd like me to give you more help here..but i really don't know about the anciet history. As long as you stick with the race descriptions i have made and such, you can make a go for it yourself :)! You can hold a meetin in the game yourself if you want. I'd go, however i am so busy lately i dont think i'll have the time.

If you are still hesitant, then give me a few days, i can try to give a rough outline of it. Just let me know :)

Haha, I can understand about the busy thing. My 4 1/2 year old is learning that instead of laying around he can go places. Funny thing is, he doesn't crawl...he rolls to where he wants to go. :lol:

Here's what i'll do:

1.) Arrange an online meeting (hopefully people will show up). At which we will discuss the topic of the history and a few other misc. things.

2.) After the meeting i'll put together what we have come up with. With any luck it'll be a pretty good time line.

3.) Then i'll submit it to you, for approval and changes as necessary.

I'm not really all that sure about the second continent, since it's still being made it might be easy for you guys to come up with a timeline. If not, we can work on that as well, but we'll need a little information about it.

afterthought: i also had a question under the essences thread, about the size. Ddn't know if you saw it, have been pondering on it.

quinticus, if I can make the time u want the meeting, I'll join, may help with my monster histories.

Sounds great Pocal! I have to check my Schedule i'd like to make the meeting next week sometime. It'll be it pinned when i work it out. It will be announced in game a couple of days before hand. I'll have to find a mod to keep it on topic (provided people show up).

Also what times are best for you? Mid-day, Evening, morning? Where are you located at as well (time zone wise).

Edited by Quinticus

I'm in Ontario, so I'm EST. Almost anytime is usually good for me, as its exam time now..

I'm in Ontario, so I'm EST. Almost anytime is usually good for me, as its exam time now..

NS, Canada here, so you're only GMT -1 more than me ... I can make anytime you guys need me to moderate/announce/whatever. Plus, I've always been interested in the History of EL. :blink:

ck, ur a Scotian? cool, I'm part Scottish...and part newf...lol

I'll remember that ur same time and if i ever need a mod at a decent time, to see if ur there :blink:

GO CANADA!

hehe

yeah..so quinticus, lemme know when ya want to hold a meet.

Bah i'm terrible with time zone stuff. Shoot we never even have to change our clocks. I'm in Indiana so i have no idea when that is. Perhaps you guys can help with a way to figure that kind of stuff out. I really need to learn.

Quinticus, double click on the clock icon (if u use windows) and select Time Zone, then look at which one is selected.

Then tell us. You should be EST too i think.

GMT -5 is 5 hours behind grenwich mean time, which puts you at.......EST! Welcome to the club!

now pick a meet time. I can easily do Wednesday 7-9ish

pm? i'm not sure, evenings usually don't work for me because my puter at home has been taken over with viruses or something. (perhaps i kicked just a little TOO hard that last time)

I'll see what i can do, though.

i did mean pm...maybe u need a better antivirus/firewall then?

yeah like i need oxygen...but unlike air, that stuff isn't free. And by not free i mean it takes time and effort to go get it. I haven norton antivirus, but that isn't helping at all.

and let me just add, Norton SUCKS!!!!!!!

it tells me when i have a virus, but every time i click on the fix button it does crap!

error: this file blows hard core, and we're ripping you off.

Thanks a lot...

If i can get my puter up at home it'll be wednesday 7:00 pm eastern. If not it'll probably be Tuesday around 4:00 pm.

Also i'll ask if they can pin an announcement once the date and time is final.

Edited by Quinticus

ClamWin

It's a GPL antivirus scanner, and works VERY well, since it's updated almost instantaneously, and, no, it's not a port of ClamAV to windows, but rather a fork to work natively, so it should work as well (or better :D) than most Windows native scanners.

Edited by crusadingknight

Thought i'd give everyone an update following this thread. I will be making a meeting for discussing the history of the continent Seridia here soon. I cannot give a specific date, unfortunately, due to my own computer problems. I am expecting a new notebook PC here in the next week or so. Once i get that we will be having the meeting in the evening around 7-9 PM EST time. I will post a new thread as to when that date will be.

thanx for the update quinticus...maybe I'll actually start some of my stories by then..hehe...im lazy.

This may help:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...1&st=&p=entry

It contains all the information I could glean from the NPCs currently in the game about the places, geography and history of Seridia. Keep in mind that this was what Entropy wrote some time ago. It can still be subject to change by the storytellers, if you guys want to. Happy discussion! (I can't be there)

-Lyn-