Eternal Lands Official Forums
Nidan

Scammers of Gamble Bot

The following people have found a way to have a big advantage over my bot. They scammed it somehow where doubled the payout they should receive. Instead of informing me about such a bug they have decided it would be better if they just took all its money. I know scamming is not illegal, but putting people on a PK list isnt either.

So a big welcome to the following people on the -EF- PK list:

baldman

sony145

IamDiffrent

Davius

GodFatherNoodle

gunit1212

Lord_Lu

albus

peper

Oh, and if you are in any guild and they decide to not kick you out, you may expect all your guildmates on the list as well.

---

edit: IamDiffrent and Davius/godfathernoodle are most likely from the same ip, besides the name, iamdiffrent has no stats and started cheating on his first trade. So i KNOW there was an illegal trade going on between iamdiffrent and any of the other cheaters. Since scamming itself is not illegal, please take actions based on illegal trading between ips :D

Edited by Nidan

That sucks :D. Godfathernoodle and lord_lu are stupid young kids. both on my bots non-trade list. Yet godfathernoodle pmed it at LEAST 100 times the other day, in a row (everything logged). My point is it sucks when you put in a lot of time into something and stupid ppl try to abuse/break it...

The following people have found a way to have a big advantage over my bot. They scammed it somehow where doubled the payout they should receive. Instead of informing me about such a bug they have decided it would be better if they just took all its money. I know scamming is not illegal,

Wrong terminology here, you don't scam a bug, you abuse a bug. Scamming involves fooling someone into believing something that is not true, for a gain. (e.g. fooling a n00b into believing that there are free swords in KF). Bots don't believe, bugs don't believe.

Hmmm . . . several of those names got added to Salt's notrade list since they were cheating Salt.

davius paid me back my gold, he only scammed 150gc anyway before my bot banned him. This means i wont have to put his entire guild on my PK list.

Lord_Lu scammed for about 27k. He paid back just 2k now. He didn't want to hand in his shiny iron plate armor to pay off his debt tho. I guess i'll have to make sure he never joins a guild again now :P

Baldman is the same as IamDiffrent. He even scammed Lord_Lu out of his scammed money, lmao.

Godfathernoodle has refused to pay back a cent. Of course i will be forced to make his EL life as miserable as legally possible now :)

I am confused! how they managed to scam a bot?<====?

some one explain to me is it possible to scam a bot and how?(lol i donot wanna scam bots i just want to know if its possible :P )

REZA

Edited by Reza*o*

lol daniel aka kansle, scammed sunshinena bots twice for ALOOOT gold!

charon = owned

linux = owned

I am confused! how they managed to scam a bot?<====?

some one explain to me is it possible to scam a bot and how?(lol i donot wanna scam bots i just want to know if its possible :P )

REZA

'scamming' the bot is not really right to say. I should have said 'exploited a bug in the bot'

heres another one for ya's:

gimliownsall

lol he was in the votd flower shop saying

gimliownsall: Hi, I am gimliownsall, I am a gambling bot, want to gamble? Just trade with me! Place an amount of money between 1,000-10,000 and I will roll the dice

gimliownsall: If you win I will Double your amount, if I win i take all =) Ready for some gambling?

and he's actually a real person :P rofl...

gimliownsall: Hi, I am gimliownsall, I am a gambling bot, want to gamble? Just trade with me! Place an amount of money between 1,000-10,000 and I will roll the dice

gimliownsall: If you win I will Double your amount, if I win i take all =) Ready for some gambling?

and he's actually a real person ;) rofl...

LOL! Thats a nice try :)

Anyway, Lord_Lu knows he was wrong, won't do it again and has started to pay me back. Of course it's best to keep being careful with him, but he has at least convinced me that he is truly sorry.

I traded fine with Lord_lu, less than a week ago i think, but it may have been he having extra money from your bot, Nidan. If so, I'll gladly give you some of the money.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :):unsure::ph34r: Yesssssss!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooo happpy to have hacked your bot,,, were still laughin as we scam him now,,,,, Good luck for all of the lucky forum readers,,,,,,,Ps. we didnt do an illigal trade,,, we just wantd to get you mad so we make a char to steel your moneyy,,,Lets expain the processs,,, this is how we did it first use ur original char then use him until u get banned 1) click the amount of money then click X and take ur money out real quick wait for him to click X then after u get banneed make a new char with out illegally trading by placing a bag on the floor and picking it up with tyhe other char use him to do it until u get banned repeat this procces as much as desired GOOD LUCK FOR ALL THE READERS AND HAVEW FUN WITHG UR MONEY!!!! (unfortitnally the bot runs out of money) From:ur favatite scammers Godfathernoodle

ATTENTION ALL SCAMMERS AND PPL THAT ALLOWED TO ENTER GUILDS IN ABOUT A WEEK OR SO PM UR FAVARITE SCAMMERS AND U R ALOWOD TO JOIN OUR GUILD WE R PRUOD TO PRODUCE AND HELP U AND UR SCAMMING SKILLS

Edited by godfathernoodle

At the risk of enflaming the situation, I think a scamming/thieves guild could be a good thing. I was thinking much the same thing myself. To have a guild that promotes bag jumping, scamming, and all the methods that entails. ie, get mm, follow people in dangerous maps, when they die take their stuff, or maybe say they would bag sit if a person dies, or wait with guildmates in a pk map kill characters, and other general lies, back stabbing etc.

But it would HAVE to be in a guild with clear rules about doing it in character, to promote role play. So there would be NO bragging on the forums for a start. No name calling, etc. When a scam/bag jump took place, the thief would state to the victim theyve been a victim of the thieves guild and leave it at that. And obviously there would have to be honour among thieves - any guildmates scamming/thieving from each other couldn't be allowed!

There could even be room for assassins. A character could 'hire' the services of the thieves guild and nominate a character to be scmmed/killed etc. Indeed any other guildmates who scam fellow guildmates would also go on this 'hit list'.

The obvious flaw in all this is that the guild name next to a characters name would give his thief status away!! No one would be fooled!

Been thinking about this for a while, but dont have the money to set up such a guild. But if anyone wants to run with this - please do! But you'd need to overcome the thieves guild name problem Ive described above. Maybe it could be changed daily? Not sure if thats possible. Or maybe dont have an obvious thieves guild name, maybe just a symbol?

hey they were wise enough to get the money they beat u what can i say

Well thats intresting considering when the gamblebot first came online i decided to bet the 10gc, and tried it to see if it was legit. Well i bet the 10gc and won, yet it never paid me. So either it has more bugs than you wish to admit or it was outa cash.

umm thiefs guild good idea but plz tell us all when you get it made so we can all blacklist you guys lol

Can you blacklist a guild that changes its name and info daily? Is there a list some where that publicly displays the members of a guild? I havent been in a guild, let alone run one, so I don't know these details, but it seems to me that it you cant blacklist a guild name that continually changes, and there is no list showing who is in a guild, it's guild members could indeed be relatively anonymous! :D

As previously mentioned, if Godfathernoodle does decide to run such a guild, I think it could work, but there is some work required everyday to keep it anonymous.

I'm NOT interested in running such a guild (too much time, effort and money involved). However I AM curious to see if such a guild could work. So far I think it could!

Edited by MarantZ