Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Evil Kanevil

well my name was fine i switched the host to tst.tfm.ro and everything was fine but i signed off and when i got back on everything i had done in the past 2-3 das was gone and i was set back to when the crash happened,also today i signed on and i cant hear people talking i cant see anyone its like els abandoned or something and i would like to know whats wrong or how to fix it

You mean you changed your hostname in EL.ini to tst.tfm.ro?

If you did do this, change the line

#server tst.tfm.ro

to

#server eternal-lands.solexine.fr

Remember to set the line

#port XXXX

to

#port 2000

lol i dont get it when i sign on it says mihaim playground and in the el config i changed the host to:tst.tfm.ro its port 2000 and thats it is that right or should it be changed?

No, read what I just said. Change #server to eternal-lands.solexine.fr in EL.ini. Your pointing to the wrong server!

Read my previous post!

where do i chaneg the server then under EL config in the c drive,thats wher elv said to change the host and under el config it dosnt say anythign about the server...

Ok, open the folder C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\

In that folder, there is a file called EL.ini. Right click on this file, and open/edit it (should open in notepad).

Then, locate the line #server tst.tfm.ro and change it to read:

#server eternal-lands.solexine.fr

Ok? :D

thank you :D but err im not finding el.ini would it be called something else?

Edited by Evil Kanevil

i thought that it worked but no cigar cause i cant find EL.ini :D im under C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands but cant find that specific folder

Edited by Evil Kanevil

Hmmm, type this:

Go to Start->Run

A little dialog box will pop-up. Paste C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands into that box, and click the Ok button.

The folder should then pop-up. Continue my previous instructions :D

[EDIT]

Alternatively, go to My Computer, C:, Program Files then Eternal Lands.

In that folder, look for EL.ini.

Edited by Placid

yea its the same box from before,should i just uninstall the game then install it again then try to fix it? cause i cant find EL.ini anywhere adn im not good with computers but im not stupid :lol:

Well, that could be a bit drastic, but if you cant find it (which is strange - the client cant run without it I believe), you might as well.

Give it a try :D

What I wonder is how you changed the host the first time? Surely you can do it again?

is that what im chaning the host? cause i know how to change the host not the server though i changed the host before cause lv posted that message

What I wonder is how you changed the host the first time? Surely you can do it again?

Heh, I was thinking that, but Rogue could have hosted a correct EL.ini somewhere and asked him to download and replace the original with that? -_-

well the folder i chanegd the host under was ElConfig could taht be the same thing?

Ahh yes! Run ELConfig and change the servername in there if need-be. Being a Linux user, I didnt think of that :D

Run ELConfig and check the servername there :)

it dosent say server name it says

Host: tst.tfm.ro

Port: 2000

then a bunch of crap about camera rotations and stuff but nothign about a server name and it says ignores adn soemthing about use global ignores and stuff

it works!! and i got my lvls and stuff back thanks hombre your a life saver :-D

but when i switched the tst or whatever it was isnt that how i dont get my char deleted? o well tahnks anyway man

He uses windows and he probably doesn't have the .ini after the EL and that's why he couldn't find it.