Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jorek_2

fishing maybe?

They should implement fishing into this game. Fishing poles could be made out of wood branches and thread, hooks out of an iron bar. You would click the fishing pole, USE WITH some sort of bait, and click in a body of water and wait. If you are lucky you would catch one of several types of fish. maybe get scales, bones, and raw meat from them... :P

actually, that would be really weird, and even if it was implemented, there needs to be some challenge to catchin the fish

so go play runescape if u wanna fish... :o

No, if you want to fish, go play Ultima Online.

Then sit idly for 4 hours, just fishing away. Afterwards you go to market and sell the fish, then you go and fish for 2-5 hours again and go sell the fist at the market and... the highlight of the day is seeing 7 naked newbies run past, chasing a squirrel. Or a naked person with a 2-handed axe chasing a pig. Then you can just continue fishing and sell the fish and then fish some more, until you're t3h ub4h phish4.

While your suggestion is reasonably well-developed, Jorek (comparatively), the main trouble with fishing is that is doesn't go anywhere and can't be integrated usefully at the present time with any of the other skills.

To illustrate:

Do you want a "Fishing" skill? Then you'll need to think of at least 20 different actions for the levels 0- 30. How many types of different fish do you want to catch? And what would be the point of having 20 different types of fish in the game?

Basically, while fishing might be a nice idea... it leads nowhere at the current moment. Unless you can come up with some REALLY good and detailed ways where it can be developed into a full-fledged skill on its own, or merged into another one usefully.

-Lyn-

Well, you could include fishing into some other stat, so the more of that stat, the easier you can fish. Like coord. or something like that. And of course, since it is an animal, there would be a fighting part, where you can just beat it with a stick! :) Depending on the fish, it could be more or less powerfull. Like if you go fishing in IP, you get teeny little weak fish, but when you go to other places, you can get stronger and bigger fish, and your pole could break real easy, so there could be different types of rods, harder to break and more expensive, and harder to make. And there could be really powerfull fish like a shark or dolphin, and then there could be weaker oines like tuna... Just some ideas.

I think this has been suggested before and it got shot down.

i think that basically tells you a "no" right there <_<

yes, well... it also says cooking there, but unless I am mistaken, thats been done. Some things can look really bad sometimes, but if you show it in a different way, and be good. It really depends on how its done.

yes, well... it also says cooking there, but unless I am mistaken, thats been done.

He does have a point :D

yes, well... it also says cooking there, but unless I am mistaken, thats been done.

He does have a point :D

Yes he does :(

And fishing (like cooking meat) doesn't have to be a skill in it's own.

Well, fishing could be a good resource for food. Think about it:

You started fishing

You caught a Roach!

*Player cooks Roach meat on fire

*Player eats cooked Roach meat

*Players food level is increased by 15

You started fishing

You caught a magical Pike!

*Player cooks pike meat on fire

*Player eats cooked pike meat

*Players food level is maxed for 10 in-game minutes

See? :(

[EDIT: Darn tags! :D]

Edited by Placid

It would be a step forward in my dream of a new quest.

The quest could go something like this:

Very Tall Knights from a distant realm give you a quest to cut down the tallest tree in the forest with a herring.

And the steps could be.

1. Gather wooden branch

2. Whittle branch to fishing rod

3. Buy thread

4. Fashion hook from iron bar

5. Assemble fishing rod

6. Buy bread for bait

7. Go fishing

8. Catch herring

9. Find high level caster to cast 'Fish to Steel'

10. Go to dwarf forest on new continent (so that the tree will be of a manageable size)

11. Knights thank you with an ancient relic 'The Holy Hand Grenade'

:)

It would be a step forward in my dream of a new quest.

The quest could go something like this:

Very Tall Knights from a distant realm give you a quest to cut down the tallest tree in the forest with a herring.

And the steps could be.

1. Gather wooden branch

2. Whittle branch to fishing rod

3. Buy thread

4. Fashion hook from iron bar

5. Assemble fishing rod

6. Buy bread for bait

7. Go fishing

8. Catch herring

9. Find high level caster to cast 'Fish to Steel'

10. Go to dwarf forest on new continent (so that the tree will be of a manageable size)

11. Knights thank you with an ancient relic 'The Holy Hand Grenade'

:)

w00t monty python rocks.. as to your suggestion... icky-icky-icky-patang!-zoop-boof-armagren hahaha :lol: yeah i love my kinights who say ni.. or who formerly said ni anyway.. w00t time to go..grounded hee hee hee :) [edit] oh and thee holy hand grenade would have to be impossibly hard to use and it would only work on white rabits.. hee hee hee that would rock! [/edit]

Edited by brenor

Fishing would be good to find a way to get food. Also there would be an npc to buy fish and make some quick money. Fishes when cooked would be another resource for alcers to use for food points. Another idea is finding special fish. Like the healing fish:heals 15 health points but 20% chance to take 10 mana points. Then at the higher levels you would have the uber healing fish.

Then some fish can be used for armor. There would be a new tool that would get the scales off the fish. Then you would get the fish scales and some other ing. And make the rainbow armor.

( I am bored and decided to look at some pat suggestions and found this one)

Fishing would be good to find a way to get food. Also there would be an npc to buy fish and make some quick money. Fishes when cooked would be another resource for alcers to use for food points. Another idea is finding special fish. Like the healing fish:heals 15 health points but 20% chance to take 10 mana points. Then at the higher levels you would have the uber healing fish.

Then some fish can be used for armor. There would be a new tool that would get the scales off the fish. Then you would get the fish scales and some other ing. And make the rainbow armor.

( I am bored and decided to look at some pat suggestions and found this one)

Man. You're da god of necro.

Well ... it is definitly a necro, no doubts about that ... bút he didn't start a new thread only to get it locked with "search ftw :P"

As far as I know, it is approved to get an (very) old suggestion and use that thread to get the discussion going, preferably with new ways for the suggestion, wich daiske did.

Allthough I don't like his new input, it is the right way to do it ... or am I totally wrong here? :(

Jerome_NL

/ps I am all FOR the fishing ... skill or not ... maybe just like cooking meat ... not really a "skill" and only low exp from it ... so no biggie, could work for fishy

Well ... it is definitly a necro, no doubts about that ... bút he didn't start a new thread only to get it locked with "search ftw :P"

As far as I know, it is approved to get an (very) old suggestion and use that thread to get the discussion going, preferably with new ways for the suggestion, wich daiske did.

Allthough I don't like his new input, it is the right way to do it ... or am I totally wrong here? :P

You are totally correct :( (and why it's still here :P )

Man, next you'll be asking for horses and running >.>

Well, it sure would be interesting to have fishing in game. It would give something to do during down time and for us who just sit around. Can't think of any reason why it would be a top priority though, or even in the list of top 5 things to accomplish.

Man, next you'll be asking for horses and running >.>

Well, it sure would be interesting to have fishing in game. It would give something to do during down time and for us who just sit around. Can't think of any reason why it would be a top priority though, or even in the list of top 5 things to accomplish.

who's going to tell him? :)

I think fishing could work sooner or later, It will be like harvesting I guess...

And I thought Scaled armour was like chain armour but made in a different fashion...

lol @ this thread being from before "we want fishing and dragons" became a joke in-game.

If I remember correctly it was fishing on horse back as a mermaid p2p race

cant wait!