Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jakoblin

Auto Harvest Is Legal Right ?

auto harvest is legal. BUT macroing isnt, wich means: you can have a program tht simply repeates the left-mouse-click over and over again, but its not allowed to have a program that drops the ore/whatever when its in your inventory, since that could lead to sick amounts of harvest exp over time.

but what if this scenario exist ?

a harvest lvl 0 PLAYER try to harvest diamonds since he had read the crystal tech book and , crystal mining book ? and he was using a auto harvester and he was afk for 1 hour.?

That player would run out of emu,and wouldnt get xp after 120 harvests.

However, as said above, this is technically regarded as macroing, because ur afk and using an external tool (that is a tool not within the EL Client) to gain exp and/or items while you are not at the computer, thus being illegal.

[Edit:Typo]

regarded as macroing, because ur afk and using an external tool (that is a tool not within the EL Client)

It should be said that even if you mod the client and have it do the macroing for you, it's still verboten.

Auto harvesting until your full if you are NOT afk is legal. But the auto harvesting can not be dropping things etc, it can only harvest. In the example giving, harvesting for one hour while being AFK would be illegal.

how can you prove anything? 'I went to take a dump, i didnt autoharvest, i was just standing there afk' How can u know he filled himself up or not? =)

or..'i filled myself up, THEN i went to spank the monkey and was standing there afk'

1) You're standing there and not responding to PMs.

2) You've got a bag of stuff under you.

3) The bag is full of the same stuff you're harvesting.

4) You're harvesting, but still not responding to PMs.

It's all circumstantial, but this isn't criminal court: It's up to what a moderator believes to be the truth about the situation.

It might look like a duck, walk like a duck and quack like a duck and still just be a mutant chicken: but if a mod calls it a duck, s/he can kick it.

[Edit]King of Harvesting, and first person to use "mutant chicken" in a posting. w00t![/Edit]

It might look like a duck, walk like a duck and quack like a duck and still just be a mutant chicken: but if a mod calls it a duck, s/he can kick it.

Wow, I'm seriously considering making that into an official announcement :D

1) You're standing there and not responding to PMs.

2) You've got a bag of stuff under you.

3) The bag is full of the same stuff you're harvesting.

4) You're harvesting, but still not responding to PMs.

geez, i was replying to learner and some dude above that said that autoclicker is illegal if ur afk! <_< not macro, so there is no bag

a waht if your harvesting & posting on the forums :blink:

you cant do that since you have to be on the EL page for it to work becuase if you did autoclicker you cant control where the mouse goes....

a waht if your harvesting & posting on the forums :blink:

you cant do that since you have to be on the EL page for it to work becuase if you did autoclicker you cant control where the mouse goes....

errr what?

Most people have adapted clients that include the autoclicker, so you can use the mouse elsewhere (say on the forums) while EL harvests for u :)

Wow, I'm seriously considering making that into an official announcement :P

Do it. :-D

Regards.