Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maxine

Storage bot in TG for global quest

I came up with the idea to start a storage bot for the global quest located in Tarsengard. For this bot to be most effective it would be handy if it could be slightly different from a regular storage bot:

• Online (almost) always
  • Any player can donate items to the bot
  • The bot has a public 'wanted' list online
  • Multiple owners, one per timezone, can distribute items from the bot for the global

Since this makes the bot different from a regular storage bot, radu would need to give permission for these features.

Concerns are:

• You dont control who you dontate items to anymore, flowers you donate might be turned into a mixture by a potter you dont like.
  • Less interaction between players, since you do not need to interact with anyone anymore to make a contribution

Possible advantages:

• More people are able to help in small ways with the global (bot doesnt care if you only donate 100 flowers or two amber)
  • Global quest becomes more known among regular players
  • Coordination of the global quest accross timezones becomes much less of a hassle
  • Harvest/mixing parties can take place while the previous global is still active, making use of the advantage (less mini events, less food) that has been earned last time

Please keep your posts on this topic short, just give arguments why you do/do not think this is a good idea or give suggestions for improvement.

I think all the points are good except for "less interaction between player...". EL needs even more group events. More reasons to PM players who are not in the same guild. More reasons to talk to each other in chat channels.

Maybe we can have a Global channel?

Just my 2 cents. Good idea over all.

I like the idea, for those that are unable to participate in the harvesting or mixing for one reason or another, can do so at a time that best suits them.

Anyone can contribute as little as they can/want without feeling their efforts aren't enough.

I don't think it will stop people getting together & working as a team, many enjoy working this way & certainly have alot more fun than doing it alone ;)

I like the idea Maxine and allthough I also like GreyElf's idea of an official global channel, I doubt that it will be used a lot with the current channel limit.

In the other thread you asked for people from different time zones to help. I'm in the Midwest (GMT or UTC -6) if this would help, I'm ready, willing and able.

The only difficulty I can foresee is the not knowing which type of flowers would be needed (whether for RVM or for MOP). Will global_quest be able to hold the different slots necessary?

I also like the idea of a global channel. A lot of times we have used channel 12345, but it would be nice to have a channel where people know they can go.

I like the idea, but I do have concerns about who can remove items from the bot. There are a lot of greedy ppl and if anyone can remove flowers from the bot to mix who is to say the will add extracts to the bot when done mixing? If the bot is gonna sell the flowers instead of giving the flowers how can you expect to get an extract or rvm/mop in return? An easy place for cf flowers is a big temptation some wont pass up.

How about make it a trade? Hand in say a MOP and receive the ings to mix that potion. If you hand in 30 MOP then you get ings for 30.

In the other thread you asked for people from different time zones to help. I'm in the Midwest (GMT or UTC -6) if this would help, I'm ready, willing and able.

The only difficulty I can foresee is the not knowing which type of flowers would be needed (whether for RVM or for MOP). Will global_quest be able to hold the different slots necessary?

Global_quest is a storage bot, which means it is stationed at TG storage and can hold infinite amounts of 300 different types of items.

Since we dont know ahead of time which flower it would be, I propose to collect both sets of flowers, the one that doesnt get used this time will get used used another time. The one that is needed can get replenished after use.

I like the idea, but I do have concerns about who can remove items from the bot. There are a lot of greedy ppl and if anyone can remove flowers from the bot to mix who is to say the will add extracts to the bot when done mixing? If the bot is gonna sell the flowers instead of giving the flowers how can you expect to get an extract or rvm/mop in return? An easy place for cf flowers is a big temptation some wont pass up.

You clearly have not understood the concept presented here.

It is a storage bot, anyone can DONATE it items, only the admins can take it off. So just a matter of having reliable admins. This bot wont be selling anything. All items it will collect are only for the global quest, nothing else.

Edited by Maxine

You clearly have not understood the concept presented here.

It is a storage bot, anyone can DONATE it items, only the admins can take it off. So just a matter of having reliable admins. This bot wont be selling anything. All items it will collect are only for the global quest, nothing else.

If that is the way a storage bot works then all the better. However, you also did not understand my concerns about the greed in this game. There have been players in the past that were thought of as reliable until they exploited bot bugs. Who is gonna make the determination that someone is reliable? Anyway, I still think this a good idea and gl getting it to happen.

Edited by bob88

I think this is a really brilliant idea. Thank you Maxine for initiating it, and thank you Sir_Odie for implementing it!

One thing I really would like is for it to be able to be on-line all the time. I do think it's a large benefit to the Community and really could help getting players from many time zones engaged.

Cheers!

Ferny