Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
saxum

Fix the working bag issue

:icon4: This is talked about by many players - you are working and have a bag on ground which you put items in and take items out of and it disappears. You try to increase how often you put items in bag and take them out and it still does not help it disappears DESPITE that. You move the bag creating a new bag and DESPITE that it still disappears.

Lots of reasons are guessed at - i.e. too many hyperbags exist in area, too many bags on map, gremlins, etc - but the actual reason is never explained. I know some people who create extra bags with one or two items in them so they can get warning before working bag disappears and others will say this is not allowed due to bag spamming rules but how is have a few bags around any different than archers who kill many creatures and never pick up kills or players who kill creature after creature taking only meat and bones leaving behind other parts they cannot or choose to not carry?

Some ideas:

2. Allow harversters who do manufacturing at location a bag at their feet as long as they are not AFK for a defined period.
  3. Give a visible warning a minute before a bag disappears.

:brooding: It is terrible when you need to treat bag disappearance as an invisible monster designed to steal your labor which needs to be fought.

umm...bags were never meant to be a completely safe storage..so why would ANY of this ever have a chance of being implemented

Bags are a risk, no one owns one, even if your sitting on it. And the server may just eat them, for no fault of your own.

:icon4: This is talked about by many players - you are working and have a bag on ground which you put items in and take items out of and it disappears. You try to increase how often you put items in bag and take them out and it still does not help it disappears DESPITE that. You move the bag creating a new bag and DESPITE that it still disappears.

That's not true.

I like bag mixing and work VERY often on bags and i poof them very rarely.

IMPORTANT: bag is refreshed ONLY when you put items into it, not when you get items out of it. Bag poofs after ~12 minutes, but it can be also a little less.

Edited by groomsh

I have never had this problem.. But I do not mix that often.

Obviously bags ARE used to mix stuff or to temporarily store items. How would it make sense that the items you drop onto the ground disappear while you are mixing from whatever is inside it. It would make much more sense if bags could only disappear when unattended.

Make it so that the bags with an actor on it cannot disappear and their timer is started only when nothing is on top of them. I just wonder why this issue never got the attention it needs.

I have never had this problem.. But I do not mix that often.

Obviously bags ARE used to mix stuff or to temporarily store items. How would it make sense that the items you drop onto the ground disappear while you are mixing from whatever is inside it. It would make much more sense if bags could only disappear when unattended.

Make it so that the bags with an actor on it cannot disappear and their timer is started only when nothing is on top of them. I just wonder why this issue never got the attention it needs.

Maybe we can also bring harvestables next to storage so we don't need to walk also? OMFG game is broken because we need to walk stuff to storage!!1