Eternal Lands Official Forums
Raytray

Revamping #ignore

At the moment the #ignore command ignores all forms of communication from the target.

It ignores, PM, orange spam, IG, channel message, local message, Magical attacks, summons, etc.

However, I would like to have more flexibility in this command.

As in when I ignore someone I would like to be able to ignore certain levels.

/Ignore Raytray -PM would only ignore my PMs to myself.

/Ignore Raytray -C all would ignore all channels, or -C 6 would only ignore on channel 6.

And so on. Similar to unix commands/etc. Could do more tags such as

/ignore Raytray -ALL for the now current behavior.

/ignore Raytray --PM -C all -L to ignore PMs, Channels, and local but leave things such as magical attacks (harm/drain), summons, and IGs.

Other ideas are --temp flags which holds the ignore until the session is done. (Client is closed, similar to the save ignore list option when toggled off.)

The commands are only suggestions and can be changed to become more flexible or usable.

I would like this to be considered because of things such as... summoning spam and because of an earlier diplomatic incident in which someone I had ignored IG'ed my guild and I did not see but was part of my responsibility to deal with. Moreover, I would like this to be considered because allowing more flexibility would definitely improve the game and allow me and possibly others to more seriously consider the #ignore option when dealing with unpleasantries that I (we?) would rather filter out.

Edit: Just remembered / would PM ignore. Everything still apllies but with #.

Edited by Raytray

I don´t agree with the idea, simply because my personal opinion is that ignore command is too extreme to use, it should only be used when u get abusive pms, in any other cases just learn to handle it. For all other cases like magic spam just have the window open so u wont get any message on your console.

I don´t agree with the idea, simply because my personal opinion is that ignore command is too extreme to use, it should only be used when u get abusive pms, in any other cases just learn to handle it. For all other cases like magic spam just have the window open so u wont get any message on your console.

In my opinion the current ignore system is the extreme. It only allows ignoring ALL communicatins from another player. This suggestion is to bring it back from that extreme.

maybe you didnt understand what i wrote (propably because i didnt explain it correctly cause english isnt my native language), i did say that the ignore command is extreme measure against another player, because it can lead to many problems especially when u are talking to channels, so you have to think twice before u put some1 to ignore and it should only be used when u are abused.

About the other aspects of the game, i dont think it is a problem

- At invasion i use only invasion channel so i keep server channel hidden to avoid spam

- When i train magic i have magic spell window open so less spam

- Since u cant cast summoning near to populated areas i dont think its a problem

- Also i do believe that if 2 ppl ignore pms of each other they can start flame war at local or any channel , that i think is worst. So basically i think ignoring pms would cause more problems.

- Also #ignore list would be hard to figure out whom or what you have ignored

So what i say is ,there are some ways u can have less spam but .......... think twice before you put someone to ignore, or just ignore him for awhile to state your anger :)

About the other aspects of the game, i dont think it is a problem

- At invasion i use only invasion channel so i keep server channel hidden to avoid spam

- When i train magic i have magic spell window open so less spam

- Since u cant cast summoning near to populated areas i dont think its a problem

- Also i do believe that if 2 ppl ignore pms of each other they can start flame war at local or any channel , that i think is worst. So basically i think ignoring pms would cause more problems.

- Also #ignore list would be hard to figure out whom or what you have ignored

What about the fact ALL orange spam related to the player is not seen. Consider the impact of this in PK.

Any changes to #ignore needs to keep a nice simple 'ignore someone totally' option for the newer players. That being said, if #ignore is changed, then the current syntax should by default be a maximum #ignore.

I'll let everyone else discuss the merits of fine tuned ignores.

I see

#ignore channels playerx

#ignore pm playerx

#ignore playerx (global)

I think these three commands would make ignore very flexible without making things too complicated?

I see

#ignore channels playerx

#ignore pm playerx

#ignore playerx (global)

I think these three commands would make ignore very flexible without making things too complicated?

Maybe add this one too

#ignore local playerx