Eternal Lands Official Forums
vinoveritas

Daily quest suggestion

Strickout and edited things in this post so that not the same stuff allready thrown away from me will allways brought up again

first i must say i really like the daily quests, but i could not help but wonder if it would not be good to be able to abort a daily quest.

Sometimes this qould be come in handy for example for players who are nto a their time killing cyclopse. or when a not so advanced player get a harvesting quest, which amount of harvestabel good, takes more emu then they have.OK this was a bad example, lets stick with, the task asigned is to difficult to be handled allone (not everybody like to fight in teams nor do the daily fighting quests here usually require that you do)

In that case they should be able to tell the npc giving out the assignment, that they cannot do it, and the quest would be finished with no reward, and they had to also wait for the samean much greater amount of time like they would have when they would have done the quest.

As others have said in posts under this, there are a varity of reasons, for why someone would want to finish a daily quest without doing, it and would be happy to take a penality for it. (As long as it is based on the time for how long you cannot do daily quest)

Edited by vinoveritas

I support the idea.

Maybe you would have to pay the NPC to skip the quest. It would be like a contractual penalty as you don't keep the promise you gave to the NPC.

I dont really like this idea

I think personaly, 1 day you might get Lions and make 700k xp, and another day you might get rabbits to make 30k xp

You take the good with the bad, if not people will just skip quests untill they get 1 they like, Quests are supposed to take "some" effort right?

You take the good with the bad, if not people will just skip quests untill they get 1 they like, Quests are supposed to take "some" effort right?

Very true, so the price for skiping a quest should be high enough. In a way that players only skip a quest to avoid being stuck because of e.g. too low EMU.

I agree that there should be SOME way to skip a daily that's (for some reason) to hard.

So what about if you decline the offer, the NPC black-lists you and instead of a 4 day (1 RL day) delay, you get a 28 day / 1 month (1 RL week) delay until you can get a new quest.

That would prevent people skipping rats because they are "beneath you". It's not worth the loss of the next 7 daily quests. But if you really need it, there's a way out.

Edited by bkc56

offs just be glad we have the dailys to do, how hard is it to go kill some rats/rabbits or what ever you get? If you don't want to do a daily with rats don't do the dailys at all and stick to what ever it is you are training on instead if you are so into the EXP gain..

I like even rabbits, you can kill all critters in area so you get some nice fur stash after quest :hiya: Nice supply for summoners or whatever :hiya: You have to find a good side of your quests.

However if someone receive a quest too hard for him, what is he supposed to do. For example, what if someone gets fluffs or desert chims while his a/d are barely enough to take orcs and ogres?

I know some newbies got the harvest quest in GP and they can't get there because they don't have the gc for a MM-cape.

(tried but died several times)

Thought they could just take another next day, but I think they stopped doing the quests.

I dont really like this idea

I think personaly, 1 day you might get Lions and make 700k xp, and another day you might get rabbits to make 30k xp

Well that might be true for the fighting quests, (as long as there is a algorithm that makes it possible not to get an quest that need a higher a/d/p/c level then you have) but lets go to the harvesting quest, I know that there are quite a few players out there who simply cannot finish the quest because their emu is to low or the harvesting place is to unsave for them.so lets stop them from doing it,

for the penality, i am open for the suggestion to extent the time when you can return to do a quest, Let it be 1 or 2 el weeks

that way people who think that a quest is beneath them will not stop from doing it, and people who cannot do it will be glad to soon be able to do another quest

I know some newbies got the harvest quest in GP and they can't get there because they don't have the gc for a MM-cape.

(tried but died several times)

Thought they could just take another next day, but I think they stopped doing the quests.

I support bkc's modification to this idea for Zam's reason. And I have heard people who have gotten Yeti quest from Haidir and had not the right build to take them on while their a/d was relatively apt.

This was discussed in 6 iirc and the answer was no, which I support. I am sure there are many people willing to help someone who has a hard time killing a mob. I know I have helped a few. Alot of us did Novac and had to have help wasnt a big deal.

This was discussed in 6 iirc and the answer was no, which I support. I am sure there are many people willing to help someone who has a hard time killing a mob. I know I have helped a few. Alot of us did Novac and had to have help wasnt a big deal.

can you help somone deliver 70 cactus to the harvesting quest because the new players emu is not high enough? (while he could do a lot of other harvesting quest?

I do not listen often to channel 6 as it gets to much spam, thats why this suggestion is here. and there should it should be. I see this quest as 2 things, first a good way for a little distraction for old players, as well as a good way for new players to quickly gain new levels. but for them to do so, they need to be able to do so. and not to be stuck as soon as there is one, they cannot really do themself. And quite a few new players do not interact as good with the community as the older ones do.

I wish I could sorry I was more refering to the Haidir quest. There are alot who think they should be able to bypass/skip things such as the skunks. As stated earlier take the bad with the good. OFC we all would love to get the best xp task for our levels but its not the way it works

As stated earlier take the bad with the good. OFC we all would love to get the best xp task for our levels but its not the way it works

Would we ?

I would like to see more new players in the game and something that make them stay.

And they will not stay if quests only can be made with high level/emu - or help from high level players.

I wish I could sorry I was more refering to the Haidir quest. There are alot who think they should be able to bypass/skip things such as the skunks. As stated earlier take the bad with the good. OFC we all would love to get the best xp task for our levels but its not the way it works

Well the reason is not to get the best XP, but to get people to like that daily quests. The NPC says (at least some do) "if you want to do it" but you have no choice. We suggested to have a penality for those people who do not want to do that quest, that would make sure, taht players do not do that quest because they do not like they think its to few XP on a other day i get a better quest. Bot to those who cannot do a particular quest. Mainly because theyhave eihter the wrong charbuild, or because they are new. And this game cannot afford to alienate new players.

I like the idea - but with a longer delay before new quests can be done. Or maybe even a fine to pay?

As for the cactus delivery - try going as a mule :)

I like the idea - but with a longer delay before new quests can be done. Or maybe even a fine to pay?

As for the cactus delivery - try going as a mule :)

It is an example from which i know that someone had the problem, Me with an OA at 85 I do not have really any problem to all but one of the daily quests that exists (and that is the quest where you need at any time a awful high emu, and mule level to do it).

all i want for the quest to be, is that it gives people an orportunity, to bag out of quests, that may have requirements they do not have.

As an alternative, a coupling of the quest to a/d or p/c levels or to knowledge the questee has would be an alternative. (but thats harder to do then just to give an "I wanna out" way. As to penalities, the only penality that there should be should be the time delay at which people can do it again. not a money based fine, as this option should be something for the new, and not for the older player.

There is another side that would make you quit a a/d daily quest... imagine you are 70s and just reset...you get cyclops... you cant kill em.

I agree with the gc penalty + the 3-4 RL days penalty, in simultaneuos.

For Xaquelina the reasons could be that you have low lvl and no MM cape/perk or you don't have inorganic nexus for harvest them (you shouldn't be forced to get a nexus).

If the Haidir quest is too difficult to do there is several options you can chose to do: Quiting is one of em or you can ask a friend to help you or even a bunch of friends to help out Range em to death is another option Poison em so they are very low on health and attack (if you know you can atleast hit it and kill it) or range it the last health to get the kill use caltrops regular/poisoned blow em up with mines..

There is alot of options you can chose from to kill something or get it way low in health in the game so a "oh no this quest is shit exp so i won't do it!" option is not needed imo

I can see the problem with the Xaquelina quest if someone doesn't have the EMU to carry the amount of cactus that she wants so maby a new option could be added to the list like

Player: "I can't carry all that you want :)"

Xaquelina: "oh ok, well i will settle with half the amount instead then but the raward will be lower as i will have to pay someone else to get the rest of it for me"

That way they will be able to do the quest even if it is on a dangerous map and get some EXP out of it

If the Haidir quest is too difficult to do there is several options you can chose to do: Quiting is one of em or you can ask a friend to help you or even a bunch of friends to help out Range em to death is another option Poison em so they are very low on health and attack (if you know you can atleast hit it and kill it) or range it the last health to get the kill use caltrops regular/poisoned blow em up with mines..

There is alot of options you can chose from to kill something or get it way low in health in the game so a "oh no this quest is shit exp so i won't do it!" option is not needed imo.

Those other options are valid mostly for smaller numbers, getting 30 monsters that way might be a bit extreme... And I agree, a bail-out because you don't like the assignment should carry a (stiff) price (like 28 in-game days no quest, as Haidir doesn't trust you to do the job?) :)

@Dipi :For the 70's a/d resetter, (s)he should know the problems involved before resetting ("just reset"!), and accept the risk or avoid the NPC (or just wait until you can do the quests again...); as for nexus, afaik, no flower needs nexus, and I've yet to see X. ask for other stuff than flowers...

I can see the problem with the Xaquelina quest if someone doesn't have the EMU to carry the amount of cactus that she wants so maby a new option could be added to the list like

Player: "I can't carry all that you want :("

Xaquelina: "oh ok, well i will settle with half the amount instead then but the raward will be lower as i will have to pay someone else to get the rest of it for me"

That way they will be able to do the quest even if it is on a dangerous map and get some EXP out of it

Another option for that one would be to have Xaquelina take the harvests from store, then you can harvest the stuff in several batches.

As an aside: is it known whether levels are taken into account for the assignments (both Haidir and Xaquelina)?

There is alot of options you can chose from to kill something or get it way low in health in the game so a "oh no this quest is shit exp so i won't do it!" option is not needed imo.

Other option for the last hit is using rings of damage/power.

... as for nexus, afaik, no flower needs nexus, and I've yet to see X. ask for other stuff than flowers...

Xaquelina's first quest (not daily) was asking for Turquoise, wich needs nexuses... so minerals are used for her perfumes, maybe in the future more daily missions can be added, including minerals.

As an aside: is it known whether levels are taken into account for the assignments (both Haidir and Xaquelina)?

For sure Haidir takes in account the levels of the player for the assignments, but for xaquelina i doubt it.

For sure Haidir takes in account the levels of the player for the assignments, but for xaquelina i doubt it.

Maybe he considers top creatures, but not bottom. I got rabbits as well as lions or cyclopses :lurker:

Sorry to reply to such an old thread, but thought maybe a newbie's thoughts would help change things.

Xaquelina doesn't look at levels at all. As a newbie I was asked for 40 cactus needles which of course I couldn't carry. I have also been sent to maps that I couldn't really handle and died, got lucky for 1 quest to MM because peace day occurred and I could actually go without dying for a change!

Yesterday Haidir was sending players to Laura in PL to kill 30 boars. How many boars spawn on that map - 5 at a time maybe??? There were 20 people on that map hunting and it was a nightmare. If I could have opted out, I certainly would have. Then let's talk about the gc earned for that quest - 300gc for taking hours to finish that one due to the number of players trying to do it, while the easy Kane's 30 rats earns 400gc. If I get assigned the 30 boar one again - I won't do it :pickaxe:

There were 20 people on that map hunting and it was a nightmare.

While somewhat off-topic, I would like to point out that the spawns on the PK server are almost always open (no waiting). :pickaxe:

I think if there was more variety in the low level quests then not so many people would be sent to the same one. It might also be a good idea to go and do something else if the spawn you want isn't free :pickaxe:. Here are a few ideas for new dailies:

The dwarf warrior NPC in votd (can't rememeber his name) woke up with a sore back today, so he needs your help doing his job of keeping the gold mine free of goblins.

The tutorial NPC needs you to kill the woodsprite on IP. Newbs keep thinking that because it's there then they can kill it, but lot of them end up dying.

Edlera (the healing lady?) in morcraven wants you to kill some armed goblins (or skeletons if armed goblins are not noob enough) in the silver cave because they are disrupting the silver harvesting industry, which the healing industry heavily relies on.

The book NPC in Naralik is annoyed that the goblins there kill all of his newbie customers before they reach him.