Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest_Kiadra_*

IP Banned

Guest Guest_Kiadra_*

Hello, my IP was banned earlier today. At first I couldn't understand why, and then realised that perhaps it's because my boyfriend plays with me on the same network? My ingame name is Sephrenia, and his is Vorash. My sister also briefly played on this computer yesterday as Falkira, and I've phoned her to find that her IP is banned too. Is there anyway we can resolve this? Pictures perhaps? Of each of us? The three of us desperately want to play and can't!!

Sorry if this causes a lot of confusion.

Guest Kiardra

Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm not sure why that could be. El has had a lot of trouble being on my mac, first of all I was unable to download the UK mirror, so I used the french one (both me and my boyfriend had to do this), not sure if thats relevant. I then had the usual bugs that came with mac, but followed Octanes advice that he'd written on his website about the client on mac, changing the graphics setting and when unable to connect to the server, deleting the EL.ini file, restarting the computer and trying again, which although troublesome, seemed to work. Is any of this relevant? If not I have no idea why this would be so. I have read through the rules, and so far as I know, have not broken any of them.

Sorry again for confusion and inconvenience.

Guest Kiardra

I've just seen what you replied to my sisters enquiry to her own banning.

Please, if you enforce a no bad language rule, can we all respect that?

This issue is becoming quite upsetting and has no need to be. If it proves that we are doing something illegal, can we not be declined respectfully?

Guest Kiardra

I honestly have no idea.

Are they shown using my IP then?

They are neither anyone I am personally associated with's character nor, so far as I can recall, have I ever met them in game.

The only two people to use this exact computer is me, with Sephrenia, and my sister with Falkira. My boyfriend uses his laptop on the same network as me as Vorash.

So far as I am aware no other person, virtual or otherwise has used this computer, or my boyfriends laptop to play Eternal Lnads.

My sister made Falkira yesterday while visiting, I wanted her to play the game as I enjoy it so much. After creating her character, and playing for a little while, she returned home to download the game herself, only to find today that her IP had been banned.

This is all that I am aware of.

I no longer have much interest in playing the game, it would be nice though. However I am starting to become concerned that perhaps something else is going on. Is hacking likely? Was something attached to the client I downloaded?

You strategy of trying to shift the blame on me, first for my 'bad language' and now for implying that the client contains 'hax' is not working.

If you have security concerns, I suggest installing an antivirus or something.

Guest Kiardra

No blame was intended to be implied. I am genuinely worried about what appears to be a problem that I thought you'd be interested in solving. I'm sorry all of this seems to have angered you so much.

I was offended by the language to my sister, it upset her that such an aggressive response was given to a passive enquiry.

I've done a virus scan, there's seems to be nothing wrong. I'll do a deeper one overnight.

Is there no way to resolve this issue? To find out exactly what happened?

Guest Kiardra

Perhaps it's best to put this to sleep then.

I undersand this must look really suspicious from your side, and a common occurrence I assume, and if there really is no way to prove our innocence, I guess we'll just have to not play.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do, or if there are any updates.

I'm very sorry this has ended with us no longer playing. I wish the game lots of success, I think it deserves it.

Guest Kiardra

Thank you for trusting us. Is that all three of our IP's? Or will the other to have to appeal themselves?

Although being able to play the game is a bonus, did you find out what was the matter? Why are our clients modified and who are bellanataurus and Patiszon15? I guess thats a hard one though, if they are connected with our IP's. When I asked if something was attached to the client, I was not intending to imply something was dodgy about your website or the download, but wondered if my internet was not secure enough to stop someone hacking into it as I was downloading, or playing.

I don't know, I am, as I said earlier, ignorant on this sort of thing, and not even sure if it would concern you in any way.

Even though we once again have the trust of the game moderators, I don't think I'll be playing again. I can't speak for the others however.

If this matter is of concern to you, for the game's sake, if not ours, please ask and I'll send what ever information I can.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this