Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Elf_Ninja

Enchanted Pickaxes

Enchanted Pickaxes:

Couldn't find a post on this so sorry if there is one.

First note: THESE ARE NOT UNBREAKABLE OR PREVENT MINI-EVENTS, unbreakable is not good for game imo and Ent. has chosen to keep mini-events so I will respect that. So please don't hijack this thread for either of those two things.

Here is my idea. Since we now have enchanted armor I thought I'd throw something out there for the harvesters. These would be a series of colored pickaxes that give some bonus or possibly neg. with a bonus. Since Harvesting is now a skill of it's own it should have it's own style of tools :P I tried to match the value of the pickaxe to the value of the bonus.

Red-Pickaxe of Material

1 pickaxe, 4 sunflowers, 5 Red quartz, 10 magic ess

Restores Material 5 hp every min while harvesting.

Light Blue-Pickaxe of Ether

1 pickaxe, 10 blue star flowers, 5 blue quartz, 10 magic ess

Restores Ether by 5 every min while harvesting.

Green-Pickaxe of Monster Magnetism

1 pickaxe, 1 Serpent stone, 20 mugwort, 50 magic ess

Gives monster mag. perk, If an event that breaks a pickaxe is triggered and harvester has another pickaxe in inv. that one breaks instead, If not this one breaks.

Grey-Pickaxe of Powersaving

1 pickaxe, 2 feasting pots, 20 energy ess, 20 magic ess

Food Level does not go down while harvesting.

Brown-Pickaxe of Harvesting

1 pickaxe, 1 harvesting potion, 20 magic ess

Gives Harvester perk instead of cape. Normal pickaxe break rate.

Glowing(transparent)-Pickaxe of LESS Breaking

1 pickaxe, 10 polished diamonds, 1 wolf ore, 50 magic ess

If a pickaxe breaking event occurs there is a XX% chance that the pickaxe doesn't break and you keep harvesting, you get message.

Black-Pickaxe of Mirror

1 pickaxe, 1 hydro ore, 20 black rose, 50 magic ess

If a event that causes HP loss is triggered you have XX% chance of transferring the damage to a nearby player. (thought this might be fun for outlaws)

Orange-Pickaxe of NMT

1 pickaxe, 2 tin ore, 10 yellow rose, 50 magic ess

If an event triggers a Harvester Medallion break pickaxe breaks instead.

Dark Blue-Pickaxe of Artificer

1 pickaxe, 1 ewe, 20 polished sapphires, 50 magic ess

Increases chance of finding rare stones by XX%, if a break event is triggered and person has another pickaxe in

inv. it breaks instead, if not this one breaks. High break rate.

Purple-Pickaxe of Jelly bones

1 pickaxe, 10 nails, 20 Violets, 50 Magic ess

Harvest speed is increased by XX, but all events and mini-events do double(triple?) damage to HP. High break rate.

Pink-Pickaxe of Sorrow

1 pickaxe, 1 heavenspawn med., 50 magic ess

Harvest 1 extra item per turn, All events become teleports with a XX% chance of teleporting to the Underworld.

Note: this next one was thought of before the potion was removed. Thought I'd keep it in here though.

Regular but with magic trail like great sword-Pickaxe of SpeedHax

1 pickaxe, 1 Potion SpeedHax, 50 Magic ess

Gives speedhax perk while carrying with a XX% change of breaking while walking causing you to stop. Normal break rate but with a cooldown once used of 2min. before you can unequip to prevent people from running to harvest and switching axes, used means any time you move.(could be fun to do a sword like this too like a s2e, not great in combat but gives speedhax perk with higher brake chance)

What do you think? I tried hard to make them "affordable" for what they offer so they are made and used, and also made a way with the more expensive ones to be "protected" if your paying attention but still sink money in the breakage of pickaxes. Just a way to make harvesting somewhat more interesting. Also perks would apply if your harvesting plants with the pickaxe equipped but not on items that require gloves: sulfur, dung etc.

And I would be willing to donate to Ent. for the implementation :) As far as what skill they should be made under idk. Enchanted armor is under crafting but I'm biased as I'm a crafter.... maybe engineering? might spur some more to go into that skill.

% where left blank as game developers would have a better idea as to what those should be set at.

PS: I know I write long posts....can't help it I work in a book store, the novels rub off on me.

Interesting idea. I think this would be good if the various effects are well thought out in order to not give an advantage that is too large. Some of the formulas may need tweaking. I think any pickaxe that gives a perk given by a cape should cost as much as the corresponding cape. Maybe even require a modable pickaxe available from general stores at a higher price than regular pickaxes.

very very nice.

I was thinking about righting about upgraded pickaxes in my other topic (Upgrades).

Enchanted Pickaxes:

Black-Pickaxe of Mirror

If a event that causes HP loss is triggered you have XX% chance of transferring the damage to a nearby player. (thought this might be fun for outlaws)

I want that! :-D

great idea

harvesting would be more fun cause of this.

the game-ecomony would defenitly benefit because of this new stuf.

but for the enchanted pick its better to use 5-10 picks (on basis of the power of the enchant) for a enchant (better money sink).

Edited by humanalien

Red-Pickaxe of Material

1 pickaxe, 4 sunflowers, 5 Red quartz, 10 magic ess

Restores Material 5 hp every min while harvesting.

Light Blue-Pickaxe of Ether

1 pickaxe, 10 blue star flowers, 5 blue quartz, 10 magic ess

Restores Ether by 5 every min while harvesting.

The ingrediens are fem for such a strong gain, make it alot more expensive and reduce the amount gained to 2-3 5 is way too much for those crappy ingreds!

Green-Pickaxe of Monster Magnetism

1 pickaxe, 1 Serpent stone, 20 mugwort, 50 magic ess

Gives monster mag. perk, If an event that breaks a pickaxe is triggered and harvester has another pickaxe in inv. that one breaks instead, If not this one breaks.

Brown-Pickaxe of Harvesting

1 pickaxe, 1 harvesting potion, 20 magic ess

Gives Harvester perk instead of cape. Normal pickaxe break rate.

We got the perk and the cloak for MM already we don't need a pick axe that does the same thing and if it would get implemented the pick you are using should be the one that breaks not some pick you got in your inv, the danger is there for a reason and that would just make it too simple, seems to me to be a way to get more EMU free to carry more when you don't need an extra cloak with you..

The brown-pick is just another way to get around the danger that is lurking around some maps and like the MM pick to give you more EMU so you can carry more of what ever you are harvesting

Grey-Pickaxe of Powersaving

1 pickaxe, 2 feasting pots, 20 energy ess, 20 magic ess

Food Level does not go down while harvesting.

No, you don't think the food decrease while harvesting have a purpose? Just grab enough food with you that you need to finish the load you are getting and then grab more when you go to sto.

Black-Pickaxe of Mirror

Orange-Pickaxe of NMT

1 pickaxe, 2 tin ore, 10 yellow rose, 50 magic ess

If an event triggers a Harvester Medallion break pickaxe breaks instead.

Dark Blue-Pickaxe of Artificer

1 pickaxe, 1 ewe, 20 polished sapphires, 50 magic ess

Increases chance of finding rare stones by XX%, if a break event is triggered and person has another pickaxe in

inv. it breaks instead, if not this one breaks. High break rate.

Purple-Pickaxe of Jelly bones

1 pickaxe, 10 nails, 20 Violets, 50 Magic ess

Harvest speed is increased by XX, but all events and mini-events do double(triple?) damage to HP. High break rate

These are way to powerfull and like the rest i haven't commented on a bad idea..

Funny suggestion, I like stuff with special features like MoL/Harvest medallion etc.

very cool idea :inquisitive: and very nicely thought out