Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lyanna

EL Calendar

Okay, I've been asked to put this on the forums so that people can comment..so feel free to do so. :) What do you all think of this system?

(And yes, I know the Quartet thing is a little confusing...but I couldn't think of another way of adjusting for the 6-hour day without reorganising the whole week, month and year structure...)

-Lyn-

Current date: 3rd Day, 12th Quartet, Aluwentia, 2,004 A.G.W.

--------------------------------------------------

Eternal Lands Calendar

• Corresponds exactly to real-life time, but with the addition of “quartets†to fit in with the 6-hour EL day. 1 RL day = 1 Quartet = 4 EL days. EL days are grouped into Quartets of 4 days each. There are 7 Quartets in a Week.

• No structural changes on the year, month or week level…only on the day level. There are changes to names, though. I based most of this on Saii’s, Tumaros’ and Kayliana’s work in the storylines.

Months

January = Humelia (The month of survival)

February = Minost (The month of struggle)

March = Centauria (The month of freedom)

April = Satyrnia (The month of growth)

May = Aluwentia (The month of beauty)

June = Folist (The month of glory)

July = Unolast (The month of power)

August = Tiralia (The month of colour)

September = Salian (The month of fading)

October = Mortosin (The month of rot)

November = Selainia (The month of secrecy)

December = Dvarin (The month of isolation)

Ages

1st Age = The Age of Power. From the creation of the world to the War of the Gods

– approximately 6,000 years.

2nd Age = The Age of Peace. From the end of the War of the Gods to the Great War.

– approximately 3,000 years

3rd Age = The Age of Purpose. From the end of the Great War to the present day.

- Current year: 2,004 A.G.W (After Great War)

Festivals and Anniversaries

• Life Festival = 1st Quartet of Centauria. (March 1st) Marks the beginning of Spring. Traditions include giving gifts of fruit and vegetables to others, as symbols of growth and good wishes for the coming year.

• Mynadar Day = 3rd Day of the last Quartet in Dvarin. Mostly observed by the longer-lived races. A day of reflection and remembrance for all that was lost in the Great War. Traditions include toasts to Gondric Mithrilfist (among the Dwarves), and the giving of black roses to symbolise the end of the Age of Peace. For short-lived races, it is a day to take stock of achievements so far, and to make plans for the future.

• Celebration Week = 4th Week of Tiralia. Origins lost during the Great War, but many historians believe it was a harvest festival. Traditions abound, including music and dance festivals, and the giving of gifts from elders to children.

For those reading this from the Storylines Forum, keep in mind that this is just the *current* calendar. There MAY have been other systems in the past! :wink: The things you really have to take note of are the Ages and the Festivals.

-Lyn-

Like the Ages thing, but writing in and coresponding to others stories based on just 3 ages can be kinda hard and at the same time limit people to when and where they can write about what.

I just feel that the way the ages set and the stories you have chosen completely ruin others ways of writing within and around others already made stories....catch my drift.

I will wait for a reply on this.