Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Her0

KF Pk Idea

Good evening Eternal Lands

Today i would like to post an idea i've had in my mind for a few days and I think it might be a good one to make PK more intense and enjoyable.

First of all I'd like to say there are many parts of the day where there is no activity at all in KF (and other PK maps) and people do go in to visit in order to look for someone to fight... but leave if noone is there

My idea is that we make "PK hours" lets say we have 1-2 hours every EL ingame Day that is open for PK in KF, if its not that hour we may not PK, and when the hour finally comes players can finaly get in there and have fun in KF...

What this will do is instead of having 1-2 people in KF at the tiome the tension builds up and people stack up outside KF waiting for the hour and when it comes huge and fun wars begin... (hopefully)

Ofcourse this idea isnt thought about perfectly but I think it is a good one... there could also be PK hours for those lower levels too if it makes it better, but limiting the time allowed to PK i think ould increase it... since everyone will be there and thats what people want while PKing right? :icon13:

So please discuss this idea and i will be glad to read your replies.

Regards

Her0

I think i better idea would be to have KF go back to drops, introduce $1 'PK rosto', and have 3x 1 hour a day where KF is No Drops.

The 3x 1 hour blocks could each start at:

03:00 UTC Time - Evening in Americas

11:00 UTC Time - Evening in Asia Pacific

19:00 UTC Time - Evening in Europe

No more fluffy training without any worries about loosing equipment due to evil pkers?

I think that a PK server will be a pro suggestion,

PK nearly everywhere, Cheap rosts, capped a/d & attributes plus something fun like practically no cooldown & legalization of mulit-play!

Would attract 100s of players that think there is too little pk going on ingame :) Active server with like 50 players minimum online, max ~100 orso.

All those pk-server players will be used to a game where pking is normal, no (...) crying over lost goods etc, just fun! Because of the small community you could just challenge someone to fight and call in your team-mates to sneak up to your enemy while invisible and help finish him off! Imagine your opponent trying to do the same thing.. Massive clan wars :) Just loosing a 1$ rostogol stone, not a big deal for most of us.

Sorry,

ProHibited

ok, much as I abhor being incredulous, I have to admit I am totally gobsmacked.

This thread contains:-

2x suggestion to alter KFs drop/nodrop policy (ffs, how many times has someone tried to alter this from one to the other and/or back again??)

1x suggestion from korrode to bring in cheap PK rosto (like you dont know radu already KNOWS your idea?? lmao)

1x suggestion for a PK server (which already exists)

All we need is someone suggesting free/discounted gem sanding papers and we have a winner.

Seriously guys, spend more time off the forums & in KF and you will find all your efforts to increase pkers in KF will actually pay off better. (no need to quote me stats for how long you spend there, this is just a dig at you guys seeming to spend MORE time posting).

sorry to dissapoint you Pye, dont have anything to say about gem sanding stuff :)

if you compare pk to how it used to be and now, you see that in the past the monster drops were the same as they are now, but the best armor that was available was leather, tit chain or iron set. which monster drops could cover easily at the time, besides, there werent any rostogols and kf wasnt ND so you could pk the armor too.

in short: low cost of pk, gear was cheap enough to not care about losing it.

how it is now, monster drops stayed the same. gear became 10 times more expensive (if you compare tit chain to tit plate) 50 times if you compare gear of how it was to IDA set.

hard to replace with monster drops staying the same, so what do you do? stay away from places where you can lose it. resulting in empty PK area's.

call me a hasbeen, but you used to be able to find someone to pk everywhere, WS arena was a hotspot, NC pk cave, TG magic school sewers, ppl trained at TD, KF.. there always was someone to pk somewhere.

now you go KF standard, look around and no one is there most of the times.

note: ND KF made it alot better, but not quite the amount of activity im hoping for.

so what screws pk activity is the fact that the price of armor and weapons always increase, new items get added which in turn cost gc too

while the droprate stays the same, or even gets lowered (Yeti for example)

for example: im wearing ~1mil worth of armor/weapons, which i have to obtain from ~30gc every ~30 seconds (with an occasional rosto loss, or training armor degrading/breaking). then on top of that add the price for all the Sr's, essences, rings and pots used. do the math and see how long it takes me to obtain the items needed to pk.

then decide for yourself whether or not you would spend that much time obtaining all that for something with no gain, but with risks of losing parts of the armor you got, and all the pots/essies/rings used.

then you get to the problem thats being discussed recently, Goldfarmers.

need to buy gc in order to keep up, others need too so thats why you have goldsellers, to provide something that the game doesnt if you play to have fun.. gc

id feel abused if i use the shop for something other then thermal, i refuse to be forced to buy from the game shop cause the game doesnt allow me to make a reasonable living (in-game) by training my ass off and pk.

i'll spend my money somewhere with better rates, goldfarmers, untill gc drops get high enough to make a decent living

Edited by Sqwurl

ok, much as I abhor being incredulous, I have to admit I am totally gobsmacked.

This thread contains:-

2x suggestion to alter KFs drop/nodrop policy (ffs, how many times has someone tried to alter this from one to the other and/or back again??)

1x suggestion from korrode to bring in cheap PK rosto (like you dont know radu already KNOWS your idea?? lmao)

1x suggestion for a PK server (which already exists)

All we need is someone suggesting free/discounted gem sanding papers and we have a winner.

Seriously guys, spend more time off the forums & in KF and you will find all your efforts to increase pkers in KF will actually pay off better. (no need to quote me stats for how long you spend there, this is just a dig at you guys seeming to spend MORE time posting).

If you dont like it dont read it. Your coming on here and bitching about it contributes less than our repeated suggestions.

EDIT2: and how the fuck do u expect me to goto KF?

if i serp MCW with JS, i come back from session with like 1.5kgc of profit tops. If i use lower wep and do 1 flee i break even IF i dont break anything.

1.5kgc gets me about 4 minutes of competitive PK, and that's the only kind any serious PK'er is interested in.

---------------------------------

All listen to Sqwurl.

I would detail game changes needed to solve the issue Sqwurl brings up, but it would take ages and wont happen anyways, so screw it.

EDIT: the only 'quick n easy' half-solution is bump up monster drops significantly.

Edited by Korrode

Forcing innocent, non-pk oriented people to go into pk areas will make PK more active... (Like on the pk server, if you want to harvest something you have a risk of getting pked)

Making big areas of the game PK (a small third continent, or the player build cities) Or bigger parts of C2.

Force players to walk trough entire maps to reach a good training/harvesting spot. Why should we get to choose whether we participate in PK or not? :confused:

Also placing all dragons and other elite creatures in PK areas will increase PK. Rostogol cost will of course be balanced to fit within this new environment.

Edit:

Damn off-topic again (but its still 'PK-idea' related..)

Edited by ProHibited

oh wow,that's cool

what a great idea hero...

R U happy now?

now seriously...I like the idea of making KF drop again and maybe do some no drop hours...

[L33t @ 6]: only 6 evas pots and 1500 gc from fluffies in 2hr

[teehee @ 6]: 1179 gc from dchim only :o

says it all, 1k in 2hours lol, thats about 3 minutes of pk

train the whole day and you make 12k! without sleep, if you do sleep (8 hours) and train 16 hours a day you make an incredible 8k gc.

but ofcourse there is RL too, so let say it comes down to a measly 4k gc a day

deduct Sr's and He's from that, and maybe an item break.. and you will never be able to save up for something, unless you do something boring as harving..

which almost none of the fighters seem to do since goldfarmers making lots of money :P

increase gc drops from monsters and you will hurt goldfarmers, and increase pk activity a bit

increase gc drops from monsters and you will hurt goldfarmers, and increase pk activity a bit

Exactly.

Pure pvp games or others with constant pvp, have enough in drops to pay a fighters salary.

A fighter now and always has to mine 100k+ silver\iron ore and dump it on the market to

buy pk gear, or what most do (or do when they lack time to mine) buy gc from the farmers.

If a fighter didn't need the farmers to pk, then they disappear (until we have cities and

farmers get a resurgence from the gc needs for city maintenance).

This has been posted countless times, make fighters self sufficient, so they don't have to

be ore whores, and you get more fighting, and the other skills reap the benefits of a market that

can actually buy their stuff at profit prices.

The solution to inflation shouldn't require a massive grind for gc and ensuring

the farmers paypal account is booming. I know nearly everyone I pk'd with in my guild,

funded most of it, with buying gc from farmers. I didn't and I became a silver ore whore.

I never mentioned this because it really seemed like el's dirty secret.

I realise I am on thin ice since the last comment got deleted, but basically I am geniunely interested to know if korrode honestly believes the pk rosto idea is meritious of his drawing our attention to it.

Frankly I am confused why it has to be a rosto at all that acts like this. Why cant it be a tailored item for instance?

Before you start shouting "its meant to be a shop bought item and thats why you prat" or words to that effect..

To extend on the tailoring suggestion, make it an item tailors only can make, but make one of the ingredients be shop-bought only. for korrodes suggested price of $1

That way, you're improving the game for tailors as well as pkers (if korrodes idea proves accurate that it will indeed help the shop sales as well as pking)

Example:

Korrodes Safety Net : A mesh net of spidersilk and other advanced materials that when worn, create a special weblike shield, lightweight yet strong enough to withstand one mortal attack on the wearer and retaining all items held. Once the wearer dies, having kept all possessions, the Net disappears.

50 threads

20 XXX coloured fabric

2 looms

1 tube of dvarium glue

In this instance the dvarium glue would only be available from EL shop. Tad-fkn-AH. :blush:

Why not a special type of craftable item only for KF - does the same as a rost - but only works in kf and vice-versa

I'd have said a crafting item to begin with but sorta chose tailoring as it is one of the skills I havent invested into, timewise or exp, since it is thus the option least selfish and therefore more arbitrary.

Well, for one, the end price of the product must remain low.

If one of it's ingredients is sold in the shop for $1, it's other ingreds wouldn't want to total much more than say 500gc. (idk if that's reflected in your example :blush: idk cost of coloured fabric, etc.)

But yeah sure, if some other skill that is in dire need of a 'benefit' can get such from this, then cool.

...i will also point out Pye, that it's not like i just came on this thread and re-suggested the $1 rosto thing. I couldn't make the 'daily set of ND hours' suggestion without first showing a method of end KF's perma-ND status in a way that i at least found reasonable... and that way is the $1 rostos.

Arbitrary conclusion to what?

In this thread they're a precursor to another idea.

The $1 rosto alone, as an idea in general, pretty much yes. (EDIT: well, in truth no. to be more precise; out of the changes that could be made to achieve the result, i think they're the only possible thing with a chance of implementation. My actual true suggestion involves a huge amount of changes to EL's equipment stats and ingreds, and the removal of rostogol stones altogether... as you see; wont happen.)

tbh i think changing their implementation along the lines you've suggested, or probably any suggestion that increases complexity, just adds 'unnecessary bulk', but that's not to say i'm strongly against any such suggested implementation, just slightly against them.

Edited by Korrode

This is what I meant by arbitrary. It "appears", although I grant you may not intend it to be so, that you consider all(or at least most) skills other than A/D as adding "unnecessary bulk" to the game. I fully appreciate appearances can be deceptive, yet nevertheless that IS the impression I am getting from you. And I can assure you I AM trying to be arbitrary about my observations and the conclusions I draw from them. So much so that in fact I am unsure whether its simply my own interpretation of what you posted that is wrong or not.

Well, you don't see me making suggestions for crafting, etc.

I stick to what i know and love, to me those skills are 'unnecessary bulk', but that doesn't mean i don't realise that other people do enjoy those skills and want to see them enhanced, which is why as i said i'd offer little or no opposition to your (or similar) suggested implementation, so long as your implementation doesn't have adverse effects on the desired result (this is a PK rosto we're talking after all, i don't want to see non-PK'er/mixer/all-rounder types screw up the idea (i.e. by potentially making the PK rosto have a greatly increased gc value)).

Why do you expect me to suggest anything more than the easiest, most straight forward solution to address the PK related issue? It's not like i've suggested something that would have any effect on non-PK'ers at all (which is why i have an expectation on those people to not screw up the idea).

Those as dedicated to improving those other skills, if they can see a way to adapt this idea to do so without 'hurting' it, can speak up, as you've done, i dont understand why you expect me to do it, when it's not my forte...?

Edited by Korrode

Why do you expect me to suggest anything more than the easiest, most straight forward solution to address the PK related issue? It's not like i've suggested something that would have any effect on non-PK'ers at all (which is why i have an expectation on those people to not screw up the idea).

Those as dedicated to improving those other skills, if they can see a way to adapt this idea to do so without 'hurting' it, can speak up, as you've done, i dont understand why you expect me to do it, when it's not my forte...?

Why? Because, apart from collecting and collating a variety of data in the form of polls and opinions ingame from players, you also have the intelligence, if not the motivation, to do so. Doing so would also add a little panache to your suggestions and increase the support from other players who are allrounders (not to mention reduce the chances of criticism from those who would claim you are merely being backed by "korrode krue pk cronies" or any other such imagined "in-crowd").

Frankly, anything that is suggested to date should be reviewed with an eye on trying to get it to either complement existing mechanics or other unused suggested ideas, it can then lead to new and innovative approaches (and yet more suggestions). Well, anything apart from the free gem papers thing. People who suggest that one again should be hunted down and made to level crafting on cotton alone, for all their live-long days.

Frankly, anything that is suggested to date should be reviewed with an eye on trying to get it to either complement existing mechanics or other unused suggested ideas, it can then lead to new and innovative approaches (and yet more suggestions).

I used to write more epic posts than i do nowdays, going into the benefits of what i'm suggesting for a wider variety of EL player types, sometimes as you say; trying to incorporate previous suggestions, etc.... but it's never proven to achieve anything, so i guess i just don't bother any more :icon13:

EDIT: one day i'll learn to re-read posts for typos b4 i hit submit... one day :>

Edited by Korrode

Forcing innocent, non-pk oriented people to go into pk areas will make PK more active... (Like on the pk server, if you want to harvest something you have a risk of getting pked)

It will have simple outcome for me - either i could find a way to harv elsewhere without the risk of being murdered or i will fine another game, where i could spend my time happily.

Neither way it would turned me to be excited about being murdered & robbed just for your pleasure.

Forcing innocent, non-pk oriented people to go into pk areas will make PK more active...

korrode said something that sums it up pretty nice here:

No it isnt. Not 100%.

It is 100% against having risk be everywhere.

Rayla can jump your bag... when you have a bag.

I can be broded... when i'm in a PK map.

Lenny can kill you... when you're on c2, outside, at night.

Bad things can only happen to players in EL if they allow themselves to be in fairly specific circumstances, and i think a lot of EL's players quite enjoy this aspect of the game, i know i do.

I'm a PK'er, it's about as 'risk-loving' as an EL player can be (especially considering i'm on a few brod lists :) ), but i like to chose when i have to be on my toes, not have to be permanently. I do lots of stuff on my computer when i'm playing EL (anything from watching media to doing quotes and stuff for clients), if there's going to be some kind of permanent risk everywhere in the game, all the time, it really would kill one of the main things that attracts me to the game.