Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Elveron

Perk/Cape to protect tools from breakage

In @6 I mentioned that "there needs to be nmt for mixers - reduces breakage of tools."

I broke two alembics making less than 800 merc. Both while on good astro. It's not worth doing, especially if efe is 8k (or more).

A cape or perk that would reduce the chance of tool breakage would definitely get me back out there making mercury.

This would be great for harvesters - a 15k cape to protect a 15gc pickaxe and stop the use of excavator cape \o/

Watch that silver ore price skyrocket :whistle:

Maybe give addition to Artificer Cape? "Increase chance of making rare, and decreace chance of breaking tools."

Bet its a no-go, simply because it would affect the spenditure of the most used gold sink ingame...pickaxes. If it DID somehow get put ingame, there would probably be some countermeasures to balance it, am betting, and I am not altogether sure at this point I'd wanna see what they were :D

Make it a mob drop only cape so fighters get some gc :D

but seriously maybe have somewhere which is like the opposite of a school, items have no chance/very little chance to break while used in this area, but no xp is recieved for the items made.

Then it would be the players choice of getting xp with the chance to lose an item, or not getting xp but with little or no tool breakages

Make it a mob drop only cape so fighters get some gc :P

but seriously maybe have somewhere which is like the opposite of a school, items have no chance/very little chance to break while used in this area, but no xp is recieved for the items made.

Then it would be the players choice of getting xp with the chance to lose an item, or not getting xp but with little or no tool breakages

OOhhhh now thats interesting...a true choice between earning gc and earning exp..i likes it my preciousssss..

seriously, theres been a history of having to choose between the two for as long as I've known this game, it's about time it was a clear choice with ALL one and NONE of the other on at least something. Then let people whine, if they dare, coz they'd have the 2 very clear cut choices on how to proceed, either a school for exp, or teh Conavar sweatshop for their moneh. Edit: forgot to mention teh middle of teh road option to mix at sto and get both but hey...

Edited by Pyewacket

Something that would prevent tools from braking at the current rate would be nice. I don't believe harvesters would use this kind of cape - personally, I don't give a damn how many pickaxes I break as long as I harvest at 2x speed.

Something that was on my mind all the time - why does Day Of More Grief affect tools (increased chance to break/degrade), while Day Of No Grief doesn't? Sounds kind of illogical. Of course, there would be more ppl saving up ings and mixing mercury/vials/arrowheads just at that day, but more doesn't mean all. As well as that, less of those tools might become being made, less EFEs used on them, and more left for the crying manuers, might even drop the EFE price a little. (I'm not an economist, so my speculations might be wrong, but still Day Of No Grief and Day of More Grief should be 100% opposite, not the way it is now. This goes to all special days that have an anti-day)