Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
forever

"You can't move you are under attack"

Ok i was instancing, and got jumped by 4 chitro.

Well I used a dis ring, and then got attacked and died and lost a rosto.

no biggie, but then... i got this

cantmove.jpg

i logged liek 4x and still couldn't move. it was crap, I had to #suicide and have asgnny tele me back to get back to the instance.

idk whats up with this :/

I had a similar problem ranging

bugu.jpg

I quit out and reload the game and that gets me out of it. To be clear: neither me nor the orc move

Edited by ilyk

As far as I understand, the orc tries to attack you but due to the obstackle it can't get close enough. It's like when you get "Can't initiate combat, path to the target too long" or smth like that message. Imagine the orc gets it, but you get stuck because it constantly attacks you, thus triggering this message and keeping you stuck. Another way to get out is ask someone to kill the monster.

Happened to me in NC north wall, not just once, when animals are on the crates and you're trying to shoot them... yes asked someone to kill the creature.

Happened to me in NC north wall, not just once, when animals are on the crates and you're trying to shoot them... yes asked someone to kill the creature.
Sorry for the stupid question, but what if this happens on a single-combat map?

It happened to me twice...

the first was during and invasion... a mob was following me and i took a teleport spot in WS. It looked like from the otherside of the teleport it was attacking me.

The second one was while ranging from the inside from a farmyard to the outside, at the same axial level.

Hope my experiences help to solve the issue

Dipi

When ranging you never trigger this bug when your location is unreachable by the monster (e.g. bethel cliffs, monsters don't know how to use the ladder), but it happens often when you are ranging from a location that would be reachable by the monster, but it doesn't have the AI to walk that long way.

Edited by extrapolation