Eternal Lands Official Forums
-Hope-

Fast Icon Button -Summoning-

So, how would it be? A simple fast icon button for summoning. Its sounds so easy! :) At this way, you can summon more kinds of creatures by clicking on icons just like we have for magic :confused:

I don't hope this is already suggested, i did a research.

Hope you like the idea.

I like the idea too and would be happy to work on implementing such a feature in the client. It would also be useful for general mixing, allowing you to recall the ingredients for an item without the (admittedly minor) hassle of selecting them individually.

However, AFAIK the problem is the client does not really know which ingredients to select for a mix. When preparing to mix, the client just puts a number of the things at inventory position x and a number of the things at inventory position y etc. into the mix slots. When you hit the mix button, the quantity and position values are sent to the server which decides if that is a valid mixture. Of course, the position in the inventory can change. Only the server really knows what the ingredients are. The client has a image identifier that could possibly be used but these are not unique. The client can also find out the descriptive name of items but that would quickly get complicated and require lots of client/server message exchanges.

I have a idea to propose a server change that could make a mix/summon quick bar possible. This would also make it possible to, for example, load your mix slots from the encyclopaedia. I'll post something to the programming forum....