Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ignoble

New Perks

OK, so we've got several new perks in the game ..... One, Ethereal Ranger, Wilhelm Tell (why is it this, rather than William btw?), but very little information about them. Would people who have taken these perks or know more about them like to give some info out to the general community?

I have "one", no problems so far. Don't tell anyone that I go afk all the time at DPA plz.

Lol as if i'd annouce it on forums.

Edited by Peeves

one:

I cant remember anything... Mines, caltrops, wards, etc. affect you in non pk maps as well!

Cost -6 points, 60000 gold coins.

ethereal ranger:

30% Chance to not lose an arrow/bolt after firing it.

Cost 5 points, 20000 gold coins.

wilhelm hood:

15% More ranging experience, your ranged weapons are considerably more accurate, and 15% more damage.

Cost 5 points, 20000 gold coins.

(from teh wraith)

Edited by LeoI

So hard to set up a decent build nowadays... I'm still working on my attributes and now these great perks come in. I might even have to restart training A/D just to get enough pickpoints.

Wilhelm Tell (why is it this, rather than William btw?)

Because Wilhelm Tell was his name, he was Swiss. Just turned into William in English (and Guillaume in French for example). Guy can't help it that was his name :)

"William Tell (German: Wilhelm Tell; French: Guillaume Tell; Italian: Guglielmo Tell)"

and as molime pointed out, he's from swiss... so i guess since swiss and german people talk the same language it was "Wilhelm Tell"

Reading atm, can post the description of the thing pretty soon, if nobody beats me to it :)

Edit: Removes 3+ engineering/8 mana for every step while in the range of the ward. Will last approximatively 5 minutes (6 EMU)

Edited by molime

Well it seems these new wards (the mana drain thing) are quite powerful put a few around and someone who walks past will find themselves with 0 mana in a second :) tho if you don't move, they don't affect you, that is, mana is not drained. and they disappear in 5 minutes or so :D

The Summoner perk (cost 5 pp, 20k gc) gives +10% att/def and +5 criticals hit/damage

to summoned creatures. Personally I'm happy because atm ;) , thanks to the perk, the

red dragon can be a severe test for a strong fighter like Toomass too.

I think no chance for a giant, so this perk can be useful only at very high summoning levels.

toom3kb5.png

im about to reset soon and will probably take the 2 ranging perks soooooo i'll let you know what happens with them.

also we read in the updates section : The exp given, although 10% more than normal, can be actually lower than before taking the perk, but it depends on many circumstances

would be kinda nice to get a hint at what those factors are, not sure about anyone else but personally if I had already a reasonable set up with attributes and didnt want to reset, id be extremely wary of taking this perk simply because im completely unaware of what the ''many circumstances'' are that could reduce the xp bonus gained.

are we talking already existing PP spent on reasoning / will ?

*edit* wikid perks for rangers tho , got to say the 30% chance of recovering a missed arrow is nice percentage for someone who spends alot of GC on it

Edited by Ateh

Is it so hard to try ot on the test server or something?

I can never figure out how to get on the test server running linux. Anyone care to walk a n00b through it step by step, (draw me a picture, as my dad used to say) I'd try to access the test server. * I have been on the test server before, still have the screenie I took. I just haven't been able to get "test" to work.

Edited by popeye

I can never figure out how to get on the test server running linux. Anyone care to walk a n00b through it step by step, (draw me a picture, as my dad used to say) I'd try to access the test server. * I have been on the test server before, still have the screenie I took. I just haven't been able to get "test" to work.

Wanna picture? here you are:

20080706034536iq3.th.jpg

actually it is sometimes - you need pp's and/or gc's to try out new things and not always a copy of your char have those at disposal

it would be nice if we could have some "test pp's" available on the test server, even temporarily, to test such things out.

2 ranging perks are 10 pp's, so theoretically you can take anti perk and put those pp's into new ranging ones, but for that you need a lot of gc on test server again ...

actually it is sometimes - you need pp's and/or gc's to try out new things and not always a copy of your char have those at disposal

it would be nice if we could have some "test pp's" available on the test server, even temporarily, to test such things out.

2 ranging perks are 10 pp's, so theoretically you can take anti perk and put those pp's into new ranging ones, but for that you need a lot of gc on test server again ...

Why not make npc on test, which sells every single item ingame for 0gc.

ya #soft_reset (all attribs to 4, nex to 0, perks gone, but dont lose OA) and NPC that gives gc would be good on test server :hug:

EDIT:

cause all we'd ever do then is go there and PK :) Edited by Korrode

ya #soft_reset (all attribs to 4, nex to 0, perks gone, but dont lose OA) and NPC that gives gc would be good on test server :hug:

EDIT:

cause all we'd ever do then is go there and PK :)

Would be so pro.

Ontopic: Perks are good perks. Only sucks for people who don't take the perks.. are stuck with a somewhat useless ranging skill !!IMO!!.

Perhaps the reason you take the Wilhelm Tell perk is so that you can keep your perception levels low, and yet gain the benefit of extra accuracy from the perk. Maybe im wrong ?

But reason I see this is because if your perception is too high you loose experience dont you ?

Ontopic: Perks are good perks. Only sucks for people who don't take the perks.. are stuck with a somewhat useless ranging skill !!IMO!!.

We don't really want the top fighters to also be the top archers, as it happens with magic, now do we?