Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LilBear

mobility radeon x600

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon X600 video card, and am running Windows XP.

Update 1.6 wasn't working so I did the following:

Well, first I did Windows updates, clicking on "Custom" and installing everything listed.

Restarted

Repeated the above three more times

Then I went here http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst...=xp/mobility-xp and downloaded the Installation Verification software.

Then I ran it... and it told me I can't install the update, and to contact the manufactorer. Short of contacting the manufactorer, anything else I can do?

lilcnoot

Thank you Guy. I actually talked to the tech support people at work, and after looking into it they said it's because I have a Dell Latitude laptop. According to them, if I had an Inspiron or XPS I'd be fine, but the Latitude line apparently is not compatible with the advanced graphics systems. I asked if I could buy a new graphics card and they said it still wouldn't work because it's the laptop part that is the problem, not actually the graphics card/driver part. I guess that's bad news for me and all the other Dell Latitude users. And yes, we did check the Dell upgrades and the ATI upgrades and something "this dude made in his garage" as the support people put it, but it comes down to the aspect of the Latitude simply not being "physically" capable of handling this kind of stuff. Which suxorz big time.

lilcnoot

Edit and bump: It appears the tech support guys at my office are 70t41 n00bs cause when Ryddler remote accessed my laptop to help me, he discovered that they never installed the proper downloads from Dell even though they said they did. While the omegadrivers.net/ati.php didn't work for me, once Ryddler downloaded the right Dell drivers I could log on from my laptop no problem, Dell Latitude or not. So booooo for tech support and yaaaay for Ryddler (who ironically works tech support irl).

Posted here mostly to tell those in a similar situation to not give up and ask their geeky friends for help and also to try everything twice, just in case.

lilcnoot

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this