Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New client patch!

We have a new client available with many bug fixes (various improvements, and especially less crashes).

Please download it from here: http://el.beplacid.net/downloads/el_patch.exe , and place it in your El folder.

Then remember to do a shortcut to this particular client (don't just start el.exe), and let us know if it solves your problems (in fact, let us know even if it doesn't).

Trying it, seems 2 work fine... fps even +2 =)

well if your at 20 thats a 10% improvement...

Gonna try different things after mixing up HE and SRS

- Tried to crash on #cls bug, seems 2 be gone =) -

- Sounds working -

Strange error in error log:

[23:35:24] stop_stream - Error stopping stream - error: Invalid Value

Last message repeated 3 times

[23:45:44] Error creating buffer: Invalid Operation

Last message repeated 7 times

[23:46:45] stop_stream - Error stopping stream - error: Invalid Value

Edited by RotationZ

We have a new client available with many bug fixes (various improvements, and especially less crashes).

DN/LD and installed, only time i had crashes was with sound on, will advise later, ty

UPDATE - With sound on, all is fine, except when fighting, I must turn sound off or the client will crash. Other then that, all seems fine, good FPS, full eye candy on.

Edited by toban

seems to work fine. when first loaded up the new patch some trees appeared white in MM, but restarted and seems fine now, kinda sad i liked em :P *groovy*

Edited by valcaz

seems to work fine. only thing is that some trees appear white, not to sure if this is for xmas tho.

Next time it happens, screenshots pls.

seems to work fine. only thing is that some trees appear white, not to sure if this is for xmas tho.

I had this happen on the rare occasion too, before this client, a restart solved it. I'm not sure the patch is causing this... Was the 'brown part of the trees, trunks, sticks, etc..'

Edited by DogBreath

Guest Raindragon123

The download was ultra fast, booted up as normal, haven't noticed any difference, but then my only complaint before this patch was that occasionally, and without cause the client would crash. This was so rare that it would be impossible for me to reproduce. If I run into trouble, or if I have another unexpected crash, I'll update. Thanks for all the hard work Radu & team

yes sorry will do.

Downloaded, installed, and tested. Works fine with main and test server. Will try to work this thing out in the coming days.

in the meantime,

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!

BTW, this is an improved version of the 'stock' client, so I highly recommend using this one instead of the one that came with the update.

Q: does this go in el folder in program files?

As stated in the base note:

... and place it in your El folder.

Which is (and always means) the one in "C:\Program Files" for Windoze systems.

Edited by bkc56

Just downloaded patch and working so far for me except I notice that everyone's green health bars appear longer then mine. I can supply screen shot if you want.

I will report any problems. Was crashing one or two times a day and lagging prior to patch.

Just downloaded patch and working so far for me except I notice that everyone's green health bars appear longer then mine.
Oh, wow, I just realized the short health bar problem (when you have the x/y display off) has been fixed. :P

And you are correct, different people's health bars are different lengths. But I can't find a correlation (like to name length, or guild tag, or anything else). But the difference is pretty large in some cases.

DN/LD and installed, only time i had crashes was with sound on, will advise later, ty

Update, system froze, rebooted EL, turned sound back off, seems to be running fine again, with all sounds off it never crashes. My frame rates seem to be a bit higher then with the latest client update, but still not as fast as the version 1.4 client. Nothing else to report.

And you are correct, different people's health bars are different lengths. But I can't find a correlation (like to name length, or guild tag, or anything else). But the difference is pretty large in some cases.

The difference was always there I believe. The bar and hp numbers are centred over the characters head, to make it centred, the bar is the same length as the hp numbers. Therefore 50/50 has a shorter bar than 100/100. I guess the actual difference depends on the font size in use, I use a 0.70 size so the difference is small anyway.

The difference was always there I believe. The bar and hp numbers are centred over the characters head, to make it centred, the bar is the same length as the hp numbers. Therefore 50/50 has a shorter bar than 100/100. I guess the actual difference depends on the font size in use, I use a 0.70 size so the difference is small anyway.

Why does the bar have to be the same length as the numbers? As long as the pair of the bar & numbers is centered as a whole, there is no reason to adjust the length of the bar. The max bar length should be constant, not variable.

The difference was always there I believe.
Well I know better than to argue with someone who's actually looked at the code (well, way more than I have), but I'm pretty sure that if there was a difference in previous releases, it wasn't as large (ie, didn't catch my attention) as it does with this release. And since that code went through some significant changes for this release (which is what broke the bar length in the first place) I would submit that there's something that can be fixed/improved.

As learner said, a "fixed" length (perhaps based on a specific number of characters in the given font) would be better than basing it on the size of the x/y string.