Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
masterpiter

Crashes of the client

Got very often crashes while fighting on pk, chims( or phantom warriors - hard to say coz in tirnym they live together so i often see both types of mobs at the same time), yetis, giants and red dragons.

I didnt have any crashes while fighting vs black dragon, harvesting/mixing/ just going thru the maps or fighting newbie monsters.

I tried to run the client Radu made for ppl who crash often but windows said it cant be run coz SDL_imgage.dll wasnt found.

I also experience some weird client crashes when my pc tells me i have too little of virtual memory( and on disc C i have 1,2 GB free space).

Got very often crashes while fighting on pk, chims( or phantom warriors - hard to say coz in tirnym they live together so i often see both types of mobs at the same time), yetis, giants and red dragons.

I didnt have any crashes while fighting vs black dragon, harvesting/mixing/ just going thru the maps or fighting newbie monsters.

I tried to run the client Radu made for ppl who crash often but windows said it cant be run coz SDL_imgage.dll wasnt found.

I also experience some weird client crashes when my pc tells me i have too little of virtual memory( and on disc C i have 1,2 GB free space).

I had same problem some time ago, before I updated my drivers, have you checked if they need updating ?

I tried to update them few times but somehow i get critical error every time i try to instal new drivers so i play on drivers that r about 2 years old =/.

I read the posts in the client thread and i did copy/paste to the el folder so no more SDL- error, i will let u know if it helped to get rid off the crashes or if they at least became less frequent.

I have been having the same problem of resyncing with Phantoms, I thought it was because I am running a laptop with an intel chipset for graphics. Sorry for dismissing it. OS is MS XP.

Turning off sound makes no difference. Theryndan has made a cvs with debug options (I would have NO clue where to start) so next time I head over to RoT I will post the error log and see if that helps ID the problem.

Wolfy

i also get weird resyncs when im in Tirnym

and i think it has to do with Phantom Warriors, cuz i only get them when there is a PW in my screen

I experienced that too. Fighting phantoms there, and finding it hard to attack them, and never really

seeing the animation despite good ping & fps.

(click a phantom and get repeated: [i'm practically one tile away, or at least it appears to me]

[19:26:51] Server latency: 126 ms
[19:27:39] You are too far away! Get closer!
[19:27:41] You are too far away! Get closer!
[19:27:43] You are too far away! Get closer!
[19:27:44] You are too far away! Get closer!
[19:27:49] You are too far away! Get closer!
[19:27:50] You are too far away! Get closer!
[19:27:51] You are too far away! Get closer!
[19:27:52] You are too far away! Get closer!
[19:27:52] You are too far away! Get closer!

Then it appearing suddenly far away) Fps around 50 at this time.

But with no phantoms in view I fought FCs & MCs just fine.

Posting to confirm the above bug, danced with Phants in tirnym and got the client speeding up on movement whenever one or more phants were on screen, never got to a resync or crash, but it is definitely the phantoms being on screen that is causing the issues.

running a linux cvs build.

S.

I instaled newer video drivers, turned off the sound and game works perfect again, just letting u know :icon13:

All problems vanished, no more resyncs/crashes in tirnym and also on other maps and no more annoying crashes coz of lack of virtual memory :D

mp

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this