Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

If you client crashes often, try this

This is only for the windows people that have their client crashing when changing maps (or sometimes even at random).

Get the file:

http://el.beplacid.net/downloads/el_noclusters.zip

Unzip it in your el folder.

Run this file instead of el.exe

Let me know if it helps.

I've applied this and relaunched using, haven't had any problems so far (was having the random crashes you described...)

If that changes any, will post again.

A feature so you won't see the inside of another house or part of the cave if you are not there (can happen under some long angles, in some inside maps).

Crashes have become more frequent, as soon as I log on now, while running this version or the other one, I don't know what to do, there isnt an error or chat logg in my EL folder, the game is virtually unplayable right now.

I don't think its an issue with my graphics card.. if i can handle doom3 or counter-strike source without issues, I can handle El.

I just want EL to work, do you have any sudgestions besides my graphics card.. Let me recap...

Now Everytime I start EL it crashes almost instantly, whether or not I have anything altered in options, I have tried this dl you provided in this thread, didnt work.

I have deleted my EL folder and re-downloaded... anything else I can try?

I just want EL to work, do you have any sudgestions besides my graphics card.. Let me recap...

Now Everytime I start EL it crashes almost instantly, whether or not I have anything altered in options, I have tried this dl you provided in this thread, didnt work.

I have deleted my EL folder and re-downloaded... anything else I can try?

This sounds like the issue with sounds in the wrong folder, not related to "random" crashes, as this topic is really designed to address. If you read the post by entropy carefully, it talks about crashing when you change maps or just for no reason at all, not crashing repetedly when you log in.

Make sure your sounds are in the right folder. Also, you might read the topic he started relating to update issues and how they were fixed, lots of good information there. Try those items listed and see if one might fix the problem you're having.

Just thought I'd update my status on this. Been running it all day, haven't had a single RANDOM :omg: crash since applied. \o/

Edited by DogBreath

Crashes have become more frequent, as soon as I log on now, while running this version or the other one, I don't know what to do, there isnt an error or chat logg in my EL folder, the game is virtually unplayable right now.

Your error logs are located in 'my documents' and chat logs are also there in the main folder.

CassIoPIA

Edited by cassiopia