Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Eldwen

A few new monster ideas.

Ok the first monster that I wanted to suggest is a zombie. This monster came in my head when I was thinking about graveyards. Anyways this monster roams only at night and when it turns day if this is possible that the monster falls apart and lays there in differnet pieces till either it is attacked by another person or it turns night again.

Ok the second monster was a ghost. The same basic thing happens with the ghost as doesnt the zombie except for when it becomes day the ghost vaporishes into air, but the name ghost still remains where it is. When it turns night the ghost comes back together to haunt the world of EL.

Ok the last monster was a spider. This could be a low level monster good for noobs. Or you could make a giant spider for the higher level people.

I love the ghost idea. I'm been thinking about that myself after wondering one day about how it would look it we were Transparent ourselves (by means of a spell or such).

Actually, I kind of like that. After raising from the underworld, we a non-corporeal "Shades" and must "Recorporealize" ourselves afterward.

But, nah!

I like the ghost, but the name should NOT be there during the daytime! That way when a ghost comes back people won't know where.

Spiders don't have to be weak at all. We could make some killer spiders. :D

Maybe we could also have some enemy sorcerers who cast harm on you.

Maybe we could also have some enemy sorcerers who cast harm on you.

yes that would be alot of fun maybe they could cast all kind off spells? :D like life drain maybe

For the ghosts and zombies you could assign each to a grave or coffin. :( Like in Vermor Castle, in the kings tomb, the kings ghost or if you prefer King Zombie could spawn there.

I have a perfect map for the ghost and zombies that is if Roja and Ent wants to add them to the game.

no affence but this all sounds like runescape ideas so really what u r saying is make small spiders =newbs big spiders= higher class people

ghosts =like skeles harder to kill and same with zombies ,aybe going with this the old large rat idea and maybe thiefs u can kill and scorpions ?

maybe find zombis and scorpions guarding titanium mines for higher class people making it harder to make better weapons would be gr8 idea

Who says zombies and ghosts can only roam at night? You think a walking animated corpse is just gonna pull out his pocketwatch and say, "oh, look at the time. I hate better get to sleep. Well, i'll have to eat your brains tomorrow. Cheerio." ???

And I was thinking. Maybe zombies could implement the old "leveling bunny" code. That way you don't know what to expect. Since zombies were people, they don't all have the same strength.

thinking about ghosts and zombies...is there gonna be a graveyard?...add all the undead monsters there would be sweet...

jon, read the posts about maps...

shadow, seemingly in most mythology/books/games/whatever, you'll find that undead hate fire, and/or the sun...

and if spiders are, please make an equivilent creature for us arachniphobes to train on...

though the spiders having poison would be interesting...

I can understand them hating fire, but I don't get the thing about the sun. It's probably another one of those things where all the evil creatures only come out at night. Vampires, werewolves, gargoyles, etc. all night only. I say who cares? Let the undead work on their tan. Besides, we can't have the newbs thinking they're safe just because it's daytime can we?

what is the sun?

what does it do you you in the middle of summer in death valley, california?

current Puma model could be edited just slightly to add to new animals:

lioness

(more corpulent muscular body then puma, a bit yellow->brownish skin colour)

*only in group respawns 4-6 on multi-kill maps

*should be a 'match' of 60-65 lvl char (alone/naked)

*they would not attack not provoked but if one of them is attacked all of them would fight back (that's why multi-kill maps only)

lion

(everybody know how a lion look like :wink:)

*aggressive (attacks chars even if not provoked)

*should be a 'match' for 75-80 char (alone/naked)

*would have a sight (victim seeking) range wider then a chars 'screen sight' so most of the time when you see him it's too late :twisted:

*not a very mobile chap :roll: -> should have an area on the particular map to which would he restrain his hunts (not very wide)