Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Tomorrow (Sunday, 4th of November) Invasion

As i wait for the day to change and radu putting it back to no drop i want to say i love

the invasion \o/ its so awesome im having lots of fun.

I have some people on Teamspeak to coordinate our attacks and inform where the monsters are and

stuff. just great.

So here I am, all giddy and geared up to participate in my first invasions. I wait til I hear about a creature I can usually kill (armed gobs/female gobs) and hop over to PL. The first five or six times I die it's even still fun. After that I get really frustrated. By the time I make it back to PL, the crowd of monsters is usually gone. So I wait and wait and wait and when they finally show up, poof, I'm dead, 80 hp to underworld in less than two seconds. I'm not wearing my col cause I don't want it to get damaged. Frustrated I decide to do something else until I hear about creatures that are lower than female gobs.

What do you know, Gicu lets us know there are spiders in Votd. Off I go, wearing my col this time, cause I figure I can fight better not having to heal as much and chances of it getting damaged here are low. My a/d is 35/37 by the way. I manage to kill 3 spiders and 7 wolves and as I'm about to tackle a skellie I find myself beamed back to IP.

Double you tee eff!

MilesP, my gm, pm's with Acelon (who beamed me) about why I was beamed and Acelon says because of my gear, titanium plate and col. Well I wasn't wearing titanium plate! I was wearing aug torso and pants, and steel shoes. Now I'm really frustrated but I go back to VotD cause you know what, Acelon is a good guy, and he was just trying to make sure no "big hitters" were interfering with the low level monsters. So no hard feelings against him, but I'd like to kick some more invasion butt.

Back in VotD, I get canned by a left-over Phantom Warrior. Why weren't those cleared out of VotD first?

End result: I logged off. And I've decided not to participate in an invasion again. If I lose 80 hp in two seconds on armed gobs, but I'm not really allowed to fight spiders/wolves/regular gobs or when I try, I get nixed by higher level monsters, well, then that's no fun and I can put my hes and srs and time to better use.

And that's my opinion.

lilcnoot

What do you know, Gicu lets us know there are spiders in Votd. Off I go, wearing my col this time, cause I figure I can fight better not having to heal as much and chances of it getting damaged here are low. My a/d is 35/37 by the way. I manage to kill 3 spiders and 7 wolves and as I'm about to tackle a skellie I find myself beamed back to IP.

Well, the idea is that you were about 8 levels over the spider, and if we count the gear, perhaps 12 levels.

You could have just used your col and fight goblins. Let real newbies have fun too.

I believe to say someone in this case is too high of levels can be misleading. For example, I can take being attacked by 1 DC, even two,and perhaps 3. However if you get 6 on me there is a good chance I can die.

To survive an invasion you sometimes need to be 10-20 levels above what you are fighting to be able to survive both the multi attacks AND the lag. So perhaps saying someone is too high in this case is a bit inaccurate? Perhaps we need to define what we mean by too high...

Do we define too high as you aren't going to die?

Or do we define too high as if you can survive for 2 minutes...

Or perhaps do we define too high as meaning you have absolutely no chance to even get scratched by the monsters?

At the end of the day the invasions should be fun for EVERYONE who wants to participate. That should mean players attacking the monsters they feel comfortable fighting in the invasion, not just what their levels dictate perhaps.

Well, it is hard to define what too high is. It's a matter of skills, attributes, gear, and so on.

But VOTD is a single fight map, and it's a no drops day, so if you die it's not a big deal. You should see how many people died and continue to die now when we try to take Bethel back.

Since the last invasion went so well, with people teaming up to kill the giants in exchange for a no drops day, I am going to give you the same deal tomorrow.

What do we have to do for a recycle day or maybe a joule day?

The idea was that I stood no chance with the armed gobs and so I ended up getting very, very frustrated instead of having fun.

Well, i had a lot of fun with the gobs in Portland and got some good XP.

Later then i moved to MM, managed it to sneak through a group of 5 giants and then got teamed up by 6 chimmies. Without any chance, of course.

Right now im running against dragons and giants in Bethel, again without any chance, but its the fun and the teamwork to do it with other players IMO.

And hey, at least its a no drop day, so who cares when you die?

Piper

I liked it & I had a lot of fun but i have to say last weeks was better. I liked last week that we had fluffs, feros, dcs for a longer perion of time & the clear out bethel part was shorter.

This week I think there were too many giants/dragons in the beginning. It was frustrating to be there for 30 seconds, can't see anything but giants legs & then the blue line & your in hell :D I'm not complaing though I still had fun. It was a great team effort cant wait for next sunday.

Actually, the first 4 hours had only normal monsters (with a few giants and dragons).

Last week we had less mosters in total than this week.

I had fun, I found out I could kill a faron, male goblin, and a puma, so that was very nice.

I was there when I saw the invasion of spiders, but ended up shocked when pumas came into play shortly after... so yes.. it was supposed to be newbies there, but I was so very happy that there were way higher fighters than me there.

About the Giants, I didn't get to do too much cause of my RL family interuptions, but I loved what I got to do (just harm :/ ) I hope even my 15-18 damage x 17 casts helped, but truly sorry I didn't get to do more **snifflez*

Had a bunch of fun, thank you, Entrophy.

Edited by Lexi

It was the best invasion yet.....er..for a NDD. The impossibility factor...being teamed up on a Mc map with 3 giants and a dragon made it very hard to live. even for the top players. Team work was the only way. Its very nice to see eveyone work together..And there is still that element of risk of degrading items.(which makes radu happy) But I think it makes us all enjoy that risk knowing that if we succed we will get this level of fun again soon. Also nice that the finale was located and confined to on map where those that wanted to play could do so. those that wanted to do there own thing where left in peace. I would personly love to see this as a weekly event. Its very nice to see it pre-annonced so we can have enough items in storage to be effective.

Thanks Radu.

Regards

Guest ohmygod

I had a strange feeling that the gods were smiling on us and poofing some of the mobs before they could squash us like the bugs we are.

Great fun and i had a ball.

Any chance to get the no drop day sheduled for next Sunday moved to Saturday?

This would allow people in the Asian Time zone to partcipate as it would be Sunday for them/us and not monday as it was today.

Well imho that was the best invasion I have ever taken part in. There were lots of different levels of monsters for everyone and there wasn't a mixing of really high and really low level monsters so it was easy to choose a map and stay at levels you were comfortable with without worrying about a sudden load of chims amongst the gobs for example. Port Anitora was perfect for me and for a change during an invasion I got a shed load of xp.

And as for the comment about fighting stuff higher than yourself. Well I will never be able to fight one giant or dragon on my own because I don't train a lot but even us lower level players found a way by using strategy and working together.

I had a great time as one of the mages killing giants in Bethel.

Here's a pic of a group of us harming and poisoning giants

magesinaction.jpg

I have just one other comment which I am sure won't go down well. I thought it was very sad that a lot of the stronger fighters who could have helped and made a big difference in Bethel ensuring another no drops next week as promised, were too busy killing each other in pk to come and help. I'm not saying that they should have spent the whole invasion helping but a few hours out of 8 wouldn't have hurt and would have pretty much guarunteed they had another chance to smack each other up next week. But each to their own so I hope others enjoyed it as much as I did, however they chose to spend the time.

I'd also like to say a huge thankyou to the mods and gicu for making such a fun invasion. It must have taken a lot of thought and planning and gave a lot of enjoyment to a lot of people.

Edited by Freyababe

:icon13:

Not going to quote it but i agree on this. I asked few pk'ers to come and help. even if it was for 1 hr I'm sure they could have cleared a way in so the mages could be protected.

overall it has been great fun. MM a bit laggie when you get surrounded on all squares by fluff's or DC's but even i managed to die ~40 times. i also managed to get a lot of xp :w00t:

As we found out that when invisible Bethel could be entered and then the caves were a good place to harm/poison them more and more entered.

i had to stop before the invasion ended, but shared a ton of ings with mixers so they could prepare ings for mages who used a lot.

So every body was working together just to wipe Bethel clean, an i can only say :icon13:

Looking forward and preparing for next week... caunting bethel was declared safe before teh day ended.. :pickaxe:

Edited by Walt-Her

I have just one other comment which I am sure won't go down well. I thought it was very sad that a lot of the stronger fighters who could have helped and made a big difference in Bethel ensuring another no drops next week as promised, were too busy killing each other in pk to come and help. I'm not saying that they should have spent the whole invasion helping but a few hours out of 8 wouldn't have hurt and would have pretty much guarunteed they had another chance to smack each other up next week. But each to their own so I hope others enjoyed it as much as I did, however they chose to spend the time.

I'd have to argue with this comment because from what i saw when i came to Bethel to help, you had top level fighters such as myself, Abaddon, Jaclaw, Ohmygod, Zamirah, Oreo, Smurf, Dushan, Ambrosius and alot of others from my guild also helped at some point.

After dying over 20 times i gave up because my client crashed almost everytime i went into the map and returned to pk which was mostly dead because everyone was in Bethel. :pickaxe:

Anyway was a really good no drop day, never died so many times in one day before :icon13:

Edited by Siarato

*drinks 3rd cup of coffee at 9.20am*

OMG how much fun did I have, did not get to bed untill 2.30am because I did not want to miss all the fun!!!

Everyone was working together as a team regardless of tag colour/pk status and it really made the whole thing a very enjoyable experience :pickaxe:

After clearning MM of as many monsters as we could find, we all re-grouped and waited for the next wave:

1870666380_da71f8328d_o.jpg

Hard to tell from the pic but there were at least 25-30 people there. We even managed a quick version of the conga :icon13:

Bethel....EEEEKS...HOW many giants?? Did that stop us?? HELL NO. Run in....attack one that a higher level fighter is attacking....fire off 5 restores in about 45 seconds....no more mana..DEAD.. *rinse and repeat*. I think I died about 80 times :w00t: hard to tell exactly since I switched comps part way through. It worked though :icon13: kinda *g* The idea was to take the damage for the higher level fighters so that they could cause more damage...so thank you to all those brave lower a/d players I was happy to die along side you :)

Then I took a break and went to KF for 30 mins...kitted up and joined the mages on the rocks (fantasitc idea whoever came up with that one!!) From there we all harmed and posioned as the fighters kicked ass on the ground, everyone was sharing ingredients with no thought at all which was great :)

Once one section of the cliffs was clear some of the mages went down to the battle field....*harm and run like hell* seriously If we all did that amount of exercise in RL the whole world would be super skinny (and have no hair since the dragons would have burned it all off).

Now I am a HUGE fan of Aces invasions....but WTG GICU this was one of the best invasions I have participated in and thanks for the time you guys put into it!!......Did you all learn the lesson yet???

No matter how many times you all complain that KF is not fun because of a few higher level players that "control" it.....look at what happens when you work as a team :P *hugs everyone....yes even *co* (rofl sorry peach I had too) Thank you all for a great night.

Wolfy

Edit Pick changed to pic...think I harvest to much??

Edited by WolfWitch

well apparently, you had a very nice experience of that day, not like all ppl... i logged off after 3 hours of no drop day coz i was too disapointed :pickaxe:

Ty for the No drop day to the devs and big thx to all who fought vs me and my temporary guildmembers.

It was great fun and we were able to stay on kf little longer than we usually do and break many our and oponents armors/capes( we didnt use brod altho it was used on us :w00t: ), td fights were also awesome, long and challenging :icon13: .

Running from bunch of black dragons when ohmygod finally killed red one in nordcarn was also fun xD

I had to go offline very soon after bethel part began but i guess very little ppl kill giants/dragons coz ONLY reason to kill them more than 1 time is to get the drop from them, in no drop u dont have that reason, for me its obvious that many players chose to fight other players over fighting monsters :icon13:

As long as all ppl have fun i dont force any1 to go to pk maps even in no drop days nor to fight monsters that deal over 80 damage in 1 hit and break ur stuff fast, especially when they r in gang :>

So once again, all in all it was awesome day( night in my case :pickaxe: ), cant say much about bethel part coz didnt participate there =]

mp

well apparently, you had a very nice experience of that day, not like all ppl... i logged off after 3 hours of no drop day coz i was too disappointed :pickaxe:

Sorry to tell you peach but having no fun has more to do with what you expect from it. I've seen ppl mixing for the mages with there own stuf or donated ingredients just to take the monsters down.

I have been teamed by dc's and fluffs and died, but also survived few times just because we made teams to take them out. It all came to strategy more than strength.

So if you were not able to fight, there were other ways to join, its just how you wanna participate in this kind of huge invasions.

BTW.

Could anyone tell me if we succeeded or how it all ended ?

Very good invasion, only reason I liked the one before more, is that I had much more lag this time - game crashed 3 or 4 times, lots of resyncs - and too many dragons in bethel.

I stayed at invasion all the time, even if I was asked to come to PK.

I like that all are taking part in this, friends and enemies work together, and people I only see harvest or mix at storage.

Only high level I saw in when we started in bethel were Oreo and I think Smurf - can have been other - died as soon as I went in -, as far as I know did the other come after we had tried to get in for some time.

I had been in hell at least 20 times when they arrived :icon13:

Maybe it would have been good if invasion stopped 1 hour before day ended so people could go PK a bit.

Hope to have a better astro next time, have been very bad these 2 invasions.

Broke a lot, first time red cape, cutlass and moon med, this time mirror cape, cutlass and 2 tit greaves :icon13:

But I'll be there again next time :pickaxe:

i wasn't disapointed coz of invasion, i thought invasion was great, i killed my first forest chim in votd :pickaxe:

hey all,

I cant help it, for the first time in my EL Life I actualy enjoyed the Invasion..

The pictures that were painted for me on #6 made it all come to life and altho I hate the waste of any (vl) life, i couldnt help but smile and giggle by the enthusiasme of you all..

I enjoyed the healings at beam and the gratitude of many, so everyone could regroup quickly again..

I want to thank those who provided me with essences and srs at times when it wasnt safe for me to reload..

1000 remote healing spells I caste during teh invasion..and I loved and enjoyed every one of em..

Thank you..all..:pickaxe:

Jez