Eternal Lands Official Forums
Schmurk

Limiting amount of precious items in storage

After some stats published by Entropy in the general chat forum, I am quite pissed off to see that some items are available in huge quantity ingame but that it's very hard to buy them at a decent price on market.

I searched on the forums to see if someone already proposed it but I didn't find anything... really weird... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm sorry if it has been already proposed and in this case you can remove my post.

So here's my proposition: Is it possible to limit the amount of precious items in storage?

By this, I mean for example that someone can't have more than 30 EFEs in his storage...

About role playing, it's more like saying that storages can't assure to keep too much precious items for you in case of robberies :P

I'm proposing this to force people to sell or use their goods instead of keeping them as a collection.

And no, I don't think at my own interest, I think it can be good for everybody, fighters that look for rostos or manuers/crafters/... that look for special stones and essences.

I just propose the concept, then the amount have to be decided for each kind of item...

So here's my proposition: Is it possible to limit the amount of precious items in storage?

IMHO That attempts against the true core of the free market

People can start a new character as second storage. So it is not wise to do it.

IMHO That attempts against the true core of the free market
Yes good point. I didn't see it like this...

But well, people can still use hyperspace bags to hide their stuff :rolleyes:

A bit dangerous though...

Is it possible some of the numbers are wrong?

I can't believe there are 15k serpent stones in-game, because I have been trying to buy 10 for weeks!

I dont' like this idea at all. Next step would be "let's limit people amount of gc in storage to 30k". Ridiculous.

Is it possible some of the numbers are wrong?

I can't believe there are 15k serpent stones in-game, because I have been trying to buy 10 for weeks!

its not really hard to believe when you take into acount old unused characters and bots if Ents stats include them, personally I have only 4 serp stones in store and YES im saving them for when my levels are high enough to use them, or as this post suggests should i be forced to sell them and hope to buy them back when i need them ?

its not really hard to believe when you take into acount old unused characters and bots if Ents stats include them, personally I have only 4 serp stones in store and YES im saving them for when my levels are high enough to use them, or as this post suggests should i be forced to sell them and hope to buy them back when i need them ?
We are not speaking here of just 4 serpent stones... Well if you want to know I have actually 8 of them in storage because I usually need them to make serp swords or wolfram bars.

Around one hour ago, someone proposed over 250 EFEs for sale in the market channel. This is what I'm talking about. BTW, a big thanks to this person for doing so! :omg:

Edited by Schmurk

Around one hour ago, someone proposed over 250 EFEs for sale in the market channel. This is what I'm talking about.

Why shouldnt someone have 250 Efe's in there sto ? they have either earned them through a lot of mixing or been prudent and bought them when the price was low to sell high, thats good forward planning in my book

Edited by conavar

Well I'll not argue anymore because I said enough about it in this thread and the other related one. IMO, this can have an impact on the economy but I'm maybe wrong...

Anyway, it's just my opinion and I had to express it even if I know that most of the people would not like it :omg:

According to Entropy there are 101k accouts, so its one stone per ~6.75 people. Take into account the fact that many people want the stones (or are just saving them) and probably 1/100 or less people are selling them

Trying to limit items in storage to force people to sell them off to you for your personal profit is one of the worst and most egotistical proposals i have seen in a long time.

Congratulations ... you win the self-centered award for march.

If people want to hoard items they harvest, make or purchase for later use.... maybe after they have risen 30-40 levels in manufacture and can actually use the items without having a critical loss on the items, i <bow> to them for their foresight.

They always have the option to sell the items for profit IF THEY CHOOSE TO!

As to encouraging people to make alts to be bank acounts for their main character that is saving up... this would almost certainly be against the game rules ... and almost certainly would occur. With the tragic loss of characters simply trying to protect their assets.

Others, would be trading with friends... or renting space from shady loan-shark type characters. Hmmm... maybe someone will make 1000 Bank acount alts/bots and sell space in the bot characters storages...

Suffice it to say ...

I am totally against this idea.

Ikaris

This idea would ruin the economy becuase people would be constantly selling. The benefit to the current system is that if the prices being offered are too low, people can just hang on for a better deal.

Trying to limit items in storage to force people to sell them off to you for your personal profit is one of the worst and most egotistical proposals i have seen in a long time.

Congratulations ... you win the self-centered award for march.

LoL :P

I knew that it will come at a moment or another and this is why I said in my first post that it's not for my own interest.

Sorry, but before blaming me like that re-read this thread many times and the other one about stats where I also say some things about it. I think you totally misunderstood my intent.

For your personal interest, I manu only for my guild mates and me, so I make 0 profit, I even loose money sometimes. If you really think I'm an egoistic guy, just ask my guild mates and they will all say to you that I'm on of the first person to give them a lot of free stuff like precious stones and else... I'm far to be greedy and I'm playing to have fun!

So you have totally the right to be against the idea, I understand that but please don't send accusations to me like that! :D

EDIT: I forgot to say something btw. If you really think it's in my interest to make such a suggestion, let me say you this: Imagine that the suggestion is accepted. There's a lot of chance that people will be so mad at me that they will not be disposed to sell rare stuff to me anymore. So can you really tell me where is my own interest?

Edited by Schmurk

If you have trouble buying them, you are just not offering the right price :D

i.i.r.c i have 177 serpent stones in storage, and thats just because a long time ago i traded 50 for an orc slayer. Seemed like a decent deal at the time, but now i see the stones as an investment. Their price will only go up!

As with any investment there are risks to this: If Ent decides to make them be found every 100 harvests i have lost a fortune.

Thats why i AM willing to sell them, but for the right price

If you have trouble buying them, you are just not offering the right price :)
If you are talking about the prices that are accessible from my siggy, I know that they are far under the real price but it's just because I didn't updated them recently and also in case I can do a good deal :D:)

And of course, when I found some on market, I don't buy them at this price :P

But the question here is more: Can this be good or bad for the economy?

It might be interesting to know how much of those quantities belong to ppl who's accounts have been inactive for more than 60 days, 100 days, 360 days... That way, we'd also have an idea of the quantity of "potentially available" items instead of old and dusty storages.

Bal.

Implementing such idea would make using alts for storing your rare items worht a risk. Ergo, it would encourage players to break rules. What's more, it would in some absurd way excuse doing it. Huge NO.

Who the hell wanted to sell 250 EFE? There are only like 2 players than have that many.

As for the serpent stones, now that I am looking at the top 100, many players are inactive. However, there is always the 'risk' they come back and flood the market.

Who the hell wanted to sell 250 EFE? There are only like 2 players than have that many.

As for the serpent stones, now that I am looking at the top 100, many players are inactive. However, there is always the 'risk' they come back and flood the market.

Good news. Players are desperate for serpent stones. Name me one bot who sells serpent stones?

If those inactive players coming back. Im sure they want to invest those serpent stones in "new" swords or want to turn them in Sslessar stones.

I think it's one of them for sure... should I give the name?

I think it's one of them for sure... should I give the name?

plz do, i mean, thats damn obnoxious :)

We should bring inquisition again :P Who has more then 5 EFE lets burn them !

From ch3 yesterday

[22:39:39] [<REMOVED> @ 3]: selling up to 336 EFE <removed>k each or buy 10 for <removed>k