Eternal Lands Official Forums
Tizzie

But with the Map...

When you are in windowed mode and you have the map open, when you go to full-screen mode instead of showing the map, it shows the textures on the character...

I think this is a bug?

First thing that comes to my mind is your video card drivers must be out of date.

Visit your card renderer's website and download the latest version released for your operating system.

If that still doesn't fix it, I'd strongly suggest using Omega Drivers (google it to find the site, lol). Download and install them and tell us how it turns out.

Posting your system specifications may help out also.

I don't think this is a video card error.

I've done it myself and my drivers are up to date. It is pulling random graphic files from the various game folders and showing them. The whole picture file, not just an element of it.

I've gotten it too. I suspect that it's because the map is loaded into memory at a certain size, and switching full/windowed changes the screen size (not a lot, but a bit)

so then it grabs some other texture buffer instead

okay, assuming that's the only cause (that's the cause that affected me when I did my testing), it's fixed in CVS now

unfortunately, it's not the only problem... sometimes on a resize or other I seem to get a texture as the backdrop (the sky/etc). and I dunno where abouts in the code to fix that since AFAIK isn't even loaded from a file (any hints welcome). on the up size, it's not that obvious, in most places you won't see it

Edited by ttlanhil