Eternal Lands Official Forums
jamincollins

Specific Bot market channel?

I know that currently we have an official market channel (#3) for all in game sales and purchases. This channel is used by bots and normal players alike. However, the ever increasing number of bots advertising in this channel can make things rather difficult for a normal player to advertise their goods or find a seller.

Yes, I know that individual players can #ignore the bots and/or other players and thus reduce the volume on market. However, I would like to propose a slightly different alternative that I think would benefit both the players and the bot owners.

Why not create an official bot market channel, say #13 if it’s not already used for something else. All sales bots could monitor traffic in the channel and respond to posts (via PM) as if they had received the request via PM. This would allow players to get responses from a larger number of sales bots. This would also give exposure to some of the lesser known bots. This would of course require the formation of some sort of standard set of commands to be understood on the channel and some guidelines. Such as bots ignoring channel messages they don’t understand rather than sending a PM back with help commands. Some possible commands are:

• inv $item
  • wanted $inv

The inv $item command would illicit a PM response from the bots with sale items matching the $item pattern one per line with a quantity and price. While the wanted $item would do likewise for items being purchased. Thus, with one command to the channel you'd know about any bot carrying what your after and their price, or conversely any bot that was buying the item and what they were paying.

Obviously, there would need to be some discussion about the commands to be supported and some standardization on the form of the responses.

dunno about others, but this seems better than the other ideas for bot market channels. It would help people get good prices, and bots would have more business too. Possibly could save bandwidth too, since people won't spam all the bot's they know with INV and stuff. also good to help the less known bots that people dont know much about. All in all, i give it a thumbs up :icon13:

I like this idea....think more people would buy from/sell to bots if it were easier to know what they are trading. Also think with bots on market channel it is confusing for new players who do not know which are bots and which are players.

Sounds like a cool idea, well planned and well thought out :icon13: I know of quite a few people who tend to avoid channel3 because it can get spammy.

Although one thing I see, is if i were to post im buying something in ch13, i would get spammed with all of ELs tradebots..which would be impossible to work out :blink:

However, the ever increasing number of bots advertising in this channel can make things rather difficult for a normal player to advertise their goods or find a seller.

one idea is to make your advertisement different, try using *** or ~~~ or something different than what the bots use.

if you are having trouble selling items, maybe try to price more competitively?

:icon13:

if im not mistaken this whole topic was discussed previously