Eternal Lands Official Forums
Scratch

Portals Room ring

I thought of this & did a search & found that it was sort of already suggested by Ghrae in a topic discussing another suggestion. When the idea came to me, I also thought that the ingredients should include one of each of the six teleport rings for Seridia. I imagine that the level for this ring shouldn't be higher than the first c2 tele ring. You have leveled high enough to start making c2 rings but you are stuck with a pile of c1 rings that don't seem to be selling. You would be able to strenghth your levels for c2 ring building & turning the c1 rings into something highly useful & possibly more desireable.

copy of Ghrae's post:

What about a Teleport to Portals Room Ring?

This would overcome the unique objects issues that the game may have. The ring would have a fixed spot in the Portals Room it took you too (basically a location on a map just like all other rings). And from there you could easily get to any map.

Could be popular for people with low magic levels and those who are using their mana for fighting (i.e. if a fighter died, he could run to the closest storage, grab a ring, jump back to the map in order to gain revenge on the beaver that killed him!!!!~1!)

I think this is a bad idea because you'll just be removing the purpose of the other rings.

The ring would have a fixed spot in the Portals Room it took you too (basically a location on a map just like all other rings). And from there you could easily get to any map.
???

Dunno what this means, unless you have not been to the portals room :S

Could be popular for people with low magic levels and those who are using their mana for fighting (i.e. if a fighter died, he could run to the closest storage, grab a ring, jump back to the map in order to gain revenge on the beaver that killed him!!!!~1!)

Portals room should be only accessable by magic I think. Also, it gives more advantages to people who have leveled from 21 to 25 magic.

How about a tele to portals ring that requires a magic lvl?(for those fighters as ghrae said) maybe lvl 15 magic would be good. Tell me what you think. :unsure:

Edited by Isenguard

How about a tele to portals ring that requires a magic lvl?(for those fighters as ghrae said) maybe lvl 15 magic would be good. Tell me what you think
Makes no sense to me, its just another way to "cast" tele to portal room spell, but the level is less and you don't need mana.

I don't really like it, the spell would become almost useless. The ring itself is not bad though. But in a different context:

Ring of Seridia: Teleports you to the Portals Room of Seridia - Made by chance when crafting any c1 teleport ring.

Ring of Irilion: Teleports you to the Portals Room of Irilion - Made by chance when crafting any c2 teleport ring.

It doesn't have to be like this, but I'm a fan of rare items that require some luck :unsure:

I think its a bad idea. As was said it would defeat the purpose of having other rings and also I believe that the tele room should be earned by building your magic level up. As someone is building their magic level up they can explore the maps and learn their way around instead of teleing to the portal room.

:devlish:

nope bad idea.

If you think about it busting your ass at the fast heal spot with a fr cloak 200 matter essences and like 50~ srs would get you to 21 then you can cast restore and from then on magic is butter. Just work your ass off and get the magic to cast it. I do like the idea of rare item. I might actually craft a bit. But besides the point bad idea thumbs down on my part. sorry

:)

-Zure

I've heard a lot of people diss this idea because then C2 rings wouldn't sell. And I have to think: WTF - are you crazy or just naive?!

C2, just like C1, doesn't sell. Sure, I do get orders from time to time. But not enough to level off of. It's one of those things you just have to live with in this game. Unfortunately the Portals Room spells are the worst enemy to crafting. (Note: this is not a rant to get rid of the spell, just an opinionated observation).

I don't really like it, the spell would become almost useless. The ring itself is not bad though. But in a different context:

Ring of Seridia: Teleports you to the Portals Room of Seridia - Made by chance when crafting any c1 teleport ring.

Ring of Irilion: Teleports you to the Portals Room of Irilion - Made by chance when crafting any c2 teleport ring.

It doesn't have to be like this, but I'm a fan of rare items that require some luck :)

This idea I like. Crafters who work on leveling who actually put in the time and effort to make rings have a chance to make some cool rings that might sell. Plus rare items are cool and make a nice "OMG! Emergency I need a ring to SRM. PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ" fix. Just sell him that one and it doesn't matter that there aren't any SRM rings. Thumbs up on the creative solution.

Plus, it would be a start in making the Artificer perk useful for something other than alchers and manufacturers.

What if there was a ring of portals room, but no more spell of portal rooms (i know, i see all of you high level magic users rioting in WS with fists in the air). Then the ring of portals room would be very useful, but at a cost, and since it would be more expensive than specific rings, those specific rings would also sell for fast travel (since there is no more spell to do that).

Just my thoughts,

Bal.

who cares if there are two or more ways to do something? It just depends on your preference which one you use doesnt it? People w/o magic use the more expensive rings, People who are mage pr0s use the spell?

I cant see anything bad with making c1/c2 portal rings a special item, more cash and diversity for the crafters. high five for diversity! (its what makes games GREAT instead of great....or just OK)

What if there was a ring of portals room, but no more spell of portal rooms (i know, i see all of you high level magic users rioting in WS with fists in the air). Then the ring of portals room would be very useful, but at a cost, and since it would be more expensive than specific rings, those specific rings would also sell for fast travel (since there is no more spell to do that).

Just my thoughts,

Bal.

Eeeek, I don't agree with removing the teleport to portal room spell, and I only have magic level 25!

By the way, I thought teleport rings were used in combo with disengagement rings by PKers... not enough? Or they all got high enough magic level and never fail at teleport to portal room after using disengagement ring?

By the way, I thought teleport rings were used in combo with disengagement rings by PKers... not enough? Or they all got high enough magic level and never fail at teleport to portal room after using disengagement ring?

We (PKers) do use teleport rings after diss.

TPTPR is only really used for those with Hellspawn.. And if someon is lazy, or has Scotty Died. IC-TPTPR is a good spell too, I use that alot.

#Edit - Spelling.

Edited by Chosen

TPTPR is only really used for those with Hellspawn
Disagree with you there for sure...I use it a lot to get to maps that don't have rings (NC, TSG, MM, Tirnym, etc.) and a lot of times on c1 since the ess are cheaper than rings, and almost always on c2 since the rings are much more expensive.

We (PKers) do use teleport rings after diss.
If the person is only fighting one person, they can usually just walk out. Tele rings are used a lot less these days I think

Sure...take away another thing from the mages! :confused:

Maybe there can be a bunch of new spells...one for each map with a lower mana and essence count.

See my point?

SO how about get rid of TP rings altogether, and make 2 new rings - TPTPR and ITPTPR, or maybe WS rings and idaloran rings instead of ITPTPR

you can now use rings to travel around your local continent for 1 price , and to take a intercontinental trip you will need 2 rings, so naturally more expensive.

There would more likely be mhigher demand for these rings, as they are so much more flexible. The prospect of further medallions means that crafters do not lose out on variety/levelling fodder, and everyone wins :o