Eternal Lands Official Forums
Acelon

The Irilion Informer has been released!

errrm isnt there a rule about not making topic title in caps? lol....

errrm isnt there a rule about not making topic title in caps? lol....

All caps mean they are yelling. However, I have never seen anyone selling newspapers quietly stating "Extra, extra, read all about it". Looks like a bit of RP to me for it to be in all caps. :P

Good work guys :P

Just I don't like that size of letters on my screen, I'd prefer smaller ones.

WHEN I TALKED WITH CAPS THE YDELETED IT LOL ;*)

and btw, its more fun if evrything was just on 1 page like the old el paper

I WANT MY SHASSO PAPER

yea... i always thought topic titles in caps were deleted/locked... inclued posts with all caps

Looks nice!

I didn't read it all yet, just kinda skimmed it..but i just wanted to make a comment to someone else's comment in the paper about the random invasions:

4. No role play element in the invasion. No reason for it, it just happens. Even cavern walls falling give some "role-play" element.

This isn't true. The monsters are Mortos's evil creations, he is behind all the invasions and the source of the spawnings. Once his army is built up strong enough, he releases them on the inhabitants of Seridia.

Even though you recommended a legacy browser :P (others might call it a security risk, piece of crap, virus entrance door etc. :P) I had no problem whatsoever viewing your page in a state of the art browser. Font was indeed a bit on the large/bold side but I enjoy being able to read what's printed on the screen, so no problem there for me.

I loved the map news (can't wait!) and of course Radu's statement "it's just a game, for fuck's sake!" :D

Keep up the good work (where's that thumbs up smiley again??) :P

What browser are you using?

Firefox :P (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; de; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060922 Firefox/1.5.0.7)

Yeah, I know it has security etc. problems too :P but I'd have to get wine/cedega/whatever going if I wanted to use IE, which I don't.

I just don't like to be told what software to use if it's not relevant :P

The frame is way too small and frames are crap. I need to scroll every 3 lines I read and only like 1/4 of my screen is filled. It doesn't look like a newspaper either. And some of the interviews are crap. Anyway thumbs up you want to waste time on this :P

Fair enough on your critique of the layout, you've at least pointed out what you dislike. But 'some of the interviews are crap' is hardly constructive. If you don't have anything useful to say, don't say it.

Firefox :P (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; de; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060922 Firefox/1.5.0.7)

Yeah, I know it has security etc. problems too :P but I'd have to get wine/cedega/whatever going if I wanted to use IE, which I don't.

FF has a lot of security problems as well.

I use Opera for more than 1 year now, and I am very happy with it.

Firefox :D (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; de; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060922 Firefox/1.5.0.7)

FF has a lot of security problems as well.

I use Opera for more than 1 year now, and I am very happy with it.

LOL! There has recently been spoken about some security issues by that hacker club, today one of them said the javascript bug he found can't be exploited. And the other 13 issues they know off aren't confirmed yet. So that makes the exploitable security issues to zero. Afaik opera isn't more secure as FF and opera is supporting lesser extension and applications as FF. Anyway firefox is still as safe as the prisons in belgium and if some webpage is showing wrong it's because it isn't coded via the W3C standards, that's all I can say, don't blame FF :P

Edited by Cycloonx

WHEN I TALKED WITH CAPS THE YDELETED IT LOL ;*)

and btw, its more fun if evrything was just on 1 page like the old el paper

I WANT MY SHASSO PAPER

eternal sun come back plx ;(

I like Opera too, but I don't really need two different browsers and I'm used to Firefox ;)

IMHO everybody can use whatever browser they like, but it would be nice for sure if all browsers would conform to the same standards ;)

Anyways, for the size of the page, here's a screen shot of the page as it's displayed for me: Irilion Informer in Firefox

Not a bad newspaper. Especially not bad for a first one. I only have a few suggestions:

1. Make sure all know that you are using info for a newspaper.

2. Give the ones that have been interviewed a chance to see the "press release" before others do--to assure what they stated was what was intended to be stated.

3. Make sure you have permissions for all materials used--regardless of the source.

4. Do NOT let Acelon handle the personal relations--as he is a n00b.

Edited by Sheesh

LOL! There has recently been spoken about some security issues by that hacker club, today one of them said the javascript bug he found can't be exploited. And the other 13 issues they know off aren't confirmed yet. So that makes the exploitable security issues to zero. Afaik opera isn't more secure as FF and opera is supporting lesser extension and applications as FF. Anyway firefox is still as safe as the prisons in belgium and if some webpage is showing wrong it's because it isn't coded via the W3C standards, that's all I can say, don't blame FF ;)

That's because you are a n00b who has no clue about what's going on.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060925-7818.html

Thank you for the suggestions sheesh. They will be taken on board to ensure we have no future misunderstandings. In the meantime, the paper offers its most sincere apologies (except for Ace, who's a n00b ;)), and your comments have been removed from the article.

Edited by Terena

Thank you for the suggestions sheesh. They will be taken on board to ensure we have no future misunderstandings. In the meantime, the paper offers its most sincere apologies (except for Ace, who's a n00b ;)), and your comments have been removed from the article.

Thank you Terena ;)

Edited by Sheesh