Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jezebelle

Eternal Times Newpaper

There has been made a decision about the Eternal Times Newspaper.

We have good and bad news,

Bad news: There will be no Official EL Newspaper run by me or anyone else at this point.

Good news: there WILL be the Eternal Times newspaper! At this moment I am working to gather around a team of talented people to present you every month a newpaper/magazine full of fun bits and interesting stuff about our World.

I will keep you posted on how to sighn up for the paper and where to read it online.

untill then,

JezeBelle

Edited by Jezebelle

I might help being a journalist, i'm a great writer

Front page story: tday sum ppl died dat bad de end bi gdra

thank you both for your suport.

Obviously the standards I want for the Eternal Times are the same as for the first Official one..and that means proper english. Now, you will see flaws in my spelling as well, but Im no native speaker and all i write will ne edited by a native english speaker.

I will considder your offer Knight :P

Jez

By the way jeze, my grammar is just fine, i was joking in the last post, i wouldn't mind editing aswell. Also check out my EL essay.

*This post has not been edited by Guidera as he did not make any spelling errors :P

to make things a bit more clear:

Those that work for the Eternal Times work ONLY for the Eternal Times, this paper will only 'hire'exclusive writyers/editors/artists.

Jez

id be interested in being a reporter, even, if we r sent in to report an invasion, wed need a few of thme tho :)

edit: and mabey some ppl to protect the invasion reporters if we wanted to have a section about invasions, just an idea, fly with it or burn it, either way i would like to be involved in some way

Edited by Happy_G

Beorn, that's a cool design! You've gotta make the main text(the title) stand out more however. Make it black or white and emphasize it more.

Curious, on Acelon's papers site , I saw that his paper is going to be about the news, and he said that this paper is going to be completely Roleplay? Is this true? Because I would much rather write about the news than roleplay, which i can do on the roleplay forums.

Those that work for the Eternal Times work ONLY for the Eternal Times, this paper will only 'hire'exclusive writyers/editors/artists.

Jez

so you are actually paying your writers or is this a greenpeace like organisation?

anyways I am willing to give it a shot.

hyperion

Jez

so you are actually paying your writers or is this a greenpeace like organisation?

anyways I am willing to give it a shot.

hyperion

Just as my first add for new writers stated, workinbg for the Eternal Times is strictly volunteers work.

Your 'salary'is mainly the appreciation you will get fro the community, and ofcourse the fun in writing :(

Beorn: I love your desighn, great job!!

I will let you know soon where our website/forums are gonna be!

Jez

Curious, on Acelon's papers site , I saw that his paper is going to be about the news, and he said that this paper is going to be completely Roleplay? Is this true? Because I would much rather write about the news than roleplay, which i can do on the roleplay forums.

The Eternal Times will be based on this World, seen by the community.

That includes reviews on Events, such as invasions, new items ingame, backgroud stories om Npc's and Gods.

We will also have Horoscopes and several other collums.

Jez

Edited by Jezebelle

ok folks, the forum is up.http://focw.dragoncairn.net/eternaltimes/forums/index.php

(Thank you DragonCairn!)

Those of you who applied for the Eternal Times, pls register and post your application.

Its about time to get started on the first Issue!

The layout of the website is nearly done, and the space will be available anyday as well..

We are almost ready to print!

Jez

Just so you know, the forums are giving the following error as I submit my details to register:

Failed sending email :: PHP :: 

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php 

and even though the forum says my name is registered, I cannot login.

Just so you know, the forums are giving the following error as I submit my details to register:

Failed sending email :: PHP :: 

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php 

and even though the forum says my name is registered, I cannot login.

I have to aprove your registration first, is done now :P You can login.

The error is being worked on btw.

Jez