Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
night

Eternal-Guild

Well when i saw eternal lands guilds, i saw some key problems in its organization.

1) First of all, I didnt quite find an accurate location to search for guilds. Yes I saw the link in eternal-lands, but I didnt find it quickly searchable for the guild of choice.

2) Second, the visa versa, i couldnt see an easy place for players to advertise themselves for guilds, (yes this forum does that) but like above it isnt the easiest thing to sort through.

3) Third, as part of a guild which has a forum for a website, I found determining the clan roster, and clan mates ranks to be a challenge. I constantly had to pester my guild master to find out ranks of my own guild mates, which (for me did not seem to make the clan organized into a tight group.)

4) Fourth, communication with other guilds, for special events, guild wars, and etc.

Now I am not saying eternal-guild is going to do any of that, but my aims were to tackle these problems as best as I could. The features of eternal-guild include table structures of all guilds for easy viewing, automatic online detection, easy modifications of guild for guild masters, Rank ordered guild members in specific guild view, and player section to place their stats, and preferences which can be viewed in the recruiter section, where players are deleted every 5 days in order to not overbulk.

Since this is in Beta testing, it is bound to have bugs, and I know there is a lot more to accomplish, but I hope guilds that need this tool will use it well, and GL to them.

well heres the link=]

http://eternal-guild.freehostia.com

Thanks for your time,

Night26 :confused:

Edit: added Search Guild, and change website functions

Edit: added Player Search

Edit: Fixed the web/image suggestion.

Converted to GET format, now you can directly link to your guild. http://eternal-guild.freehostia.com/guild.php?gname=Sample

where sample replaces your guild name. Linked to guilds, in main page.

Changed the design of the guild page, looks uglier/nicer depending on players and settings.

Edit: added pvp functions, im havin probs with it though, if more than 350 players are online. Test it out and tell me if it works now (ive tweaked something).

Edited by Nightblaze26

It look's quite interesting. It would perhaps, be good to have a search function if many guilds register. But besides that you have done very good work here.

DoE

This seems like a terrific idea!

Great job :D

(TC)

as the GM of THC i find this to be quite the useful tool, i cant wait to see what else u have planned for it as i know u said it wasnt completly done. now all i have to do is actually input all of my members. i give you a :icon13: on this page

the idea of online detection was inspired by cel-mates in elcel.com, and works by loading the whose online page of eternal lands into fstream memory, and then sorting it out player by player, so it detects whose online in eternal-lands.

-Updates im working on (major- Setting guild allies, and enemies (ones that have registered to eternal-guilds) and have a direct link to their pages. (minor- putting up a help page of site, adding give ownership function to another member(although this could be tricky, since people other than a gm might know the clan pw))

:) Night

Edited by Nightblaze26

I tested this today. So far it looks very nice. Here are some things I'd like to add:

* The use of CSS and a sans-serif font would make the page look much nicer

* "clan divisions", I think most guilds don't use something like that. It should be optional, imho

* If you don't enter a website and a picture there shouldn't be a broken image and a link on the guild info page

Although I did think about organizing with css, the site is in xhtml to convert, (maybe except doctypes), the css will make the color system too structured, and I plan on to add options of custom colors for every guild. As for the images/website I can fix that in a little.

Thanks for the suggestions.

And I also need an opinion on members bio, such as every member has his/her page with information about themselves, their contact info, and their guild link. And also how about guild-to-guild events? Like guild war, or guild help event. Tell me what you think.