Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hyperion

an idea from reading radu's blog

http://eternal-lands.blogspot.com/

the last post(27 June 2006 The update delayed for a few days),

radu tells us the Giant will require a team to take down, thus I conclude from this that it will have massive HP and do massive damage.

My idea :

when ppl fight in a team they work together as thats what teams are for. from my other game expierences wich are mostly class based tho(yeah I know EL is special because its not class based) there are always certen ppl healing so that the others can fight the big ebul monster. i'd say something simular to this is gonna be a must when it comes to bosses(or in this case just a high lvled monster that requires teamwork). or something like a shield that absorbs damage till a certen amount that can be casted by ppl that are not in combat and thus acting as a *healer* who helps the fighters to conquer their goal. (with damage I mean physical damage not fire/cold or radiation)

some random ideas.

Ty for your time if you actually took it to read this.

Hyperion

*EDIT*

Fixed the link and added date and title of the post on radu's blog.

*EDIT END*

Edited by Hyperion

it's a very good idea and shouldn't be too hard to make (i hope so xD)

this would add more strategy to those boss fights and pk ^^

BUT seeing Radu's blog i don't think they have time for it at the moment ;p

it's a very good idea and shouldn't be too hard to make (i hope so xD)

this would add more strategy to those boss fights and pk ^^

BUT seeing Radu's blog i don't think they have time for it at the moment ;p

didn't count on it to be implemented... just want to give a suggestion and if it gets added that would be even kewler... but thats not my goal... its to have fun :lipssealed:

Hyperion

Edited by Hyperion

One of the ideas is, in the future, to make a cleric thingy, where based on the affiliation you have with a god, you can also cast some sort of spells.

Until then, you can always use the remote heal spell.

One of the ideas is, in the future, to make a cleric thingy, where based on the affiliation you have with a god, you can also cast some sort of spells.

The effectiveness of remote heal isn't good when you consider that you can get hit for +30 hit points.

I propose a better (higher lvl) remote heal at thats twice as effective.

The effectiveness of remote heal isn't good when you consider that you can get hit for +30 hit points.

I propose a better (higher lvl) remote heal at thats twice as effective.

True x2 or x3 would be nice, remote heal is just too weak.

class based games have it easy when designing monsters that teams need to fight. you just make sure it could outlast a stocked up figher class (ie, inventory full of healing potions and best equipment they can get their hands on). this will require him to either get some extra damage assistance, or some healing. in any case it means there have to be more then one person present.

with EL its diffrent. given that a person can be both a healer and a fighter (and some other things to) at the same time, this can turn people into a one man army.

i will not be surprised if someone manages to fight the gigant solo sometime. when is harder to tell as i dont have the gigants scores.

so the question is, how do one make sure that people cant solo a monster? not now, and not in the future? most obvious way is to limit people growth towards being one man armys, but this have been discussed and boo-ed out of existence before...

so the question is, how do one make sure that people cant solo a monster? not now, and not in the future? most obvious way is to limit people growth towards being one man armys, but this have been discussed and boo-ed out of existence before...
other way is for the monster to change. always be X levels above max player, or X levels above the players attacking it at that time (which can be explained if it's a megical critter). how is it killed then? easy, it has a bad case of It Can't Dance. a big enough team can take it down

other way is for the monster to change. always be X levels above max player, or X levels above the players attacking it at that time (which can be explained if it's a megical critter). how is it killed then? easy, it has a bad case of It Can't Dance. a big enough team can take it down

Maybe if monsters lost 5 def per attacker rather than 10 def for >1 attackers. Then the bigger the team the better everyone can hit it. The more people attacking, the more shots it has to dodge therefore the less chance of dodging each one.

if(players[target_player].number_of_opponents>1)
	{
		defense_penalty+= players[target_player].number_of_opponents*5;
		if(check_player_flag(I_CANT_DANCE,target_player)) defense_penalty+=15;
	}